Mountain Dew helped save man's life

Mountain Dew helped save man's life

There are 29 comments on the WLFI-TV West Lafayette story from Feb 9, 2010, titled Mountain Dew helped save man's life. In it, WLFI-TV West Lafayette reports that:

A 31-year-old Indiana man says he had no food but kept himself hydrated with Mountain Dew and snow while he was stuck in his snow-covered SUV in southwestern Colorado for three days.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLFI-TV West Lafayette.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
go go golphers

Ridge Spring, SC

#1 Feb 9, 2010
No Way !, way ,, Noo WaaaY , way ,,, Nooo Waaaay , way
Parden pard

Bethlehem, PA

#2 Feb 9, 2010
What BS . Probably shacked up somewhere and had to make up a story for his girlfriend.Oh,,what happened to the dog..?
DILF

Huntington, NY

#3 Feb 9, 2010
Parden pard wrote:
What BS . Probably shacked up somewhere and had to make up a story for his girlfriend.Oh,,what happened to the dog..?
Let's put it this way, he shat out hairballs for three days.

“Commentaries”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#4 Feb 9, 2010
Pity evokes a tender or sometimes slightly contemptuous sorrow or empathy for people, a person, or an animal in misery, pain, or distress. In regard to humans, a protective or quasi-paternal feeling of pity may be felt towards marginalized or impoverished people such as homeless families; orphans; people with disabilities or terminal illness, and victims of rape and torture. People who have previously experienced the pain or misfortune in question may feel greater pity. Because pity will often result in the pitier aiding the pitied, some people equate pity with sympathy and assume, therefore, that pity is naturally a positive thing. However, the philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche believed that pity causes an otherwise normal person to feel his or her own suffering in an inappropriately intense, alienated way. "Pity makes suffering contagious,"[citation needed] he says in The Antichrist, meaning that it is important for the pitier not to allow him/herself to feel superior to the pitied, lest such a power imbalance result in the pitied retaliating against the help being offered.

“Commentaries”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#5 Feb 9, 2010
THE BENEFITS OF DRINKING PRECIPITATION

Water purification is the process of removing undesirable chemicals, materials, and biological contaminants from raw water. The goal is to produce water fit for a specific purpose. Most water is purified for human consumption (drinking water) but water purification may also be designed for a variety of other purposes, including meeting the requirements of medical, pharmacology, chemical and industrial applications. In general the methods used include physical process such as filtration and sedimentation, biological processes such as slow sand filters or activated sludge, chemical process such as flocculation and chlorination and the use of electromagnetic radiation such as ultraviolet light.

The purification process of water may reduce the concentration of particulate matter including suspended particles, parasites, bacteria, algae, viruses, fungi; and a range of dissolved and particulate material derived from the surfaces that water may have made contact with after falling as rain.

The standards for drinking water quality are typically set by governments or by international standards. These standards will typically set minimum and maximum concentrations of contaminants for the use that is to be made of the water.

It is not possible to tell whether water is of an appropriate quality by visual examination. Simple procedures such as boiling or the use of a household activated carbon filter are not sufficient for treating all the possible contaminants that may be present in water from an unknown source. Even natural spring water considered safe for all practical purposes in the 1800s must now be tested before determining what kind of treatment, if any, is needed. Chemical analysis, while expensive, is the only way to obtain the information necessary for deciding on the appropriate method of purification.

According to a 2007 World Health Organization report, 1.1 billion people lack access to an improved drinking water supply, 88% of the 4 billion annual cases of diarrheal disease are attributed to unsafe water and inadequate sanitation and hygiene, and 1.8 million people die from diarrheal diseases each year. The WHO estimates that 94% of these diarrheal cases are preventable through modifications to the environment, including access to safe water.[1] Simple techniques for treating water at home, such as chlorination, filters, and solar disinfection, and storing it in safe containers could save a huge number of lives each year.[2]
Parden pard

Bethlehem, PA

#6 Feb 9, 2010
THANKS,,,I did not know that...!...( hmmmmrrrr),,,
podunk

Corydon, IA

#7 Feb 9, 2010
Stephany McDowell wrote:
Pity evokes a tender or sometimes slightly contemptuous sorrow or empathy for people, a person, or an animal in misery, pain, or distress. In regard to humans, a protective or quasi-paternal feeling of pity may be felt towards marginalized or impoverished people such as homeless families; orphans; people with disabilities or terminal illness, and victims of rape and torture. People who have previously experienced the pain or misfortune in question may feel greater pity. Because pity will often result in the pitier aiding the pitied, some people equate pity with sympathy and assume, therefore, that pity is naturally a positive thing. However, the philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche believed that pity causes an otherwise normal person to feel his or her own suffering in an inappropriately intense, alienated way. "Pity makes suffering contagious,"[citation needed] he says in The Antichrist, meaning that it is important for the pitier not to allow him/herself to feel superior to the pitied, lest such a power imbalance result in the pitied retaliating against the help being offered.
Huh????
podunk

Corydon, IA

#8 Feb 9, 2010
Why didn't the Australian sheppard rescue dog rescue him...???? probbably nookied a colorado mountain goat...

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#9 Feb 9, 2010
podunk wrote:
Why didn't the Australian sheppard rescue dog rescue him...???? probbably nookied a colorado mountain goat...
just got here thinking old couple, what two weeks ago..
and was wondering about.."Colorado resort town of Aspen to deliver an Australian Shepherd rescue dog when he got stuck."

now did he get stuck or run out of gas? dog stayed there and died? how did he know he walked 7 mi?
and last but not least an Australian sheep dog in Aspen ....
podunk

Corydon, IA

#10 Feb 9, 2010
Stephany McDowell wrote:
THE BENEFITS OF DRINKING PRECIPITATION
Water purification is the process of removing undesirable chemicals, materials, and biological contaminants from raw water. The goal is to produce water fit for a specific purpose. Most water is purified for human consumption (drinking water) but water purification may also be designed for a variety of other purposes, including meeting the requirements of medical, pharmacology, chemical and industrial applications. In general the methods used include physical process such as filtration and sedimentation, biological processes such as slow sand filters or activated sludge, chemical process such as flocculation and chlorination and the use of electromagnetic radiation such as ultraviolet light.
The purification process of water may reduce the concentration of particulate matter including suspended particles, parasites, bacteria, algae, viruses, fungi; and a range of dissolved and particulate material derived from the surfaces that water may have made contact with after falling as rain.
The standards for drinking water quality are typically set by governments or by international standards. These standards will typically set minimum and maximum concentrations of contaminants for the use that is to be made of the water.
It is not possible to tell whether water is of an appropriate quality by visual examination. Simple procedures such as boiling or the use of a household activated carbon filter are not sufficient for treating all the possible contaminants that may be present in water from an unknown source. Even natural spring water considered safe for all practical purposes in the 1800s must now be tested before determining what kind of treatment, if any, is needed. Chemical analysis, while expensive, is the only way to obtain the information necessary for deciding on the appropriate method of purification.
According to a 2007 World Health Organization report, 1.1 billion people lack access to an improved drinking water supply, 88% of the 4 billion annual cases of diarrheal disease are attributed to unsafe water and inadequate sanitation and hygiene, and 1.8 million people die from diarrheal diseases each year. The WHO estimates that 94% of these diarrheal cases are preventable through modifications to the environment, including access to safe water.[1] Simple techniques for treating water at home, such as chlorination, filters, and solar disinfection, and storing it in safe containers could save a huge number of lives each year.[2]
This amazzes me, and to think that I drink out of a cow track all the time...never did get sick from it either...

“Pompous pontificator”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#11 Feb 9, 2010
And then his teeth fell-out.

“Political partisanship is....”

Since: Jun 08

"deplorable"...on both sides..

#12 Feb 9, 2010
Mountain Dew is killer stuff...

Since: Aug 09

Schaumburg, IL

#13 Feb 9, 2010
It was a case of Dew or die.
Arminius

Buffalo, NY

#14 Feb 10, 2010
Mountain Dew, Mountain Dew, I love YEW!!!
podunk

Corydon, IA

#15 Feb 10, 2010
I'll shut up my mug , if you fill up jug , with that good ole mountain dew...

“Ave Satanas”

Since: Dec 06

Bratislava, Slovakia

#16 Feb 10, 2010
Mountain Dew aka teeth rot

“Ave Satanas”

Since: Dec 06

Bratislava, Slovakia

#17 Feb 10, 2010
Old Sam wrote:
Mountain Dew is killer stuff...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Tt6C6P3bJq8XX
Looked like that would hurt a little
I would do that for morning coffee
;)

“Everybody Dies...”

Since: Jan 10

...But not Everybody Lives.

#18 Feb 10, 2010
corrective_unconscious wrote:
It was a case of Dew or die.
Classic

“Everybody Dies...”

Since: Jan 10

...But not Everybody Lives.

#19 Feb 10, 2010
Sounds like their next extreme commercial. This guy should sell the rights to em.

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#20 Feb 10, 2010
Drunken Masta wrote:
<quoted text>
Classic
I agree sounds like he was on "coke' with that story

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dulce Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Blanco man charged with molesting 13-year-old r... (Jun '15) Oct '16 Julias daughter 13
truth about dulce (May '13) Oct '16 iowa boy 3
Blanco nm water leak (May '16) May '16 Chihuahuaboy_18 1
News Veterans organization suspends local chapter ov... (Aug '15) Aug '15 iareheroic 1
News Book: Extraterrestrials create Hell Underground... (Dec '11) May '15 New Perspective 6
Dulce to be featured on Wednesday, March 25 His... (Mar '09) May '15 Wiki 2
News Jicarilla jingle dress (Feb '06) May '15 Wanda 2

Dulce Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dulce Mortgages