Will the Four Corners area have a whi...

Will the Four Corners area have a white Xmas?

There are 12 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Dec 22, 2010, titled Will the Four Corners area have a white Xmas?. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

Some people think snow must cover the ground to qualify as a white Christmas, said Tim Shy, senior forecaster for the National Weather Service.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

GEOMAX

Phoenix, AZ

#1 Dec 22, 2010
HEADLINE: Please use "CHRISTMAS" INSTEAD OF xmas!
Fity

Dumas, TX

#2 Dec 23, 2010
Please use 'Holiday' rather than Xmas.
upoiui

Phoenix, AZ

#3 Dec 23, 2010
Yes! Christmas not Xmas or just say "Holiday" if your offended by writing "Christ"...come on now!
bottom ash

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Dec 23, 2010
The two powerplants scare the snow clouds away. All the snow clouds went to Durango.
SNOW CLOUD coming from the west saw APS and PNM. Turn toward the Colorado side. Happy Snow Cloud dropped his snow on Durango, like a B52 bomber dropping bombs.
Snow Cloud did'nt want to be melted by APS and PNM steam clouds. No Acid in my cloud.
Happy Snow Cloud went toward Wolf Creek Pass.
X Times

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Dec 23, 2010
It's a shame a reporter would take Christ out of Christmas and the paper would allow it.
What would you think if we called your paper X Times because we were ashamed to say Daily?
Reader

Colorado Springs, CO

#6 Dec 23, 2010
The use of Xmas in the headline wasn’t meant to offend, nor was it part of some dark conspiracy to secularize Christmas. In this case, it probably was the best fit for the space. According to Dennis Bratcher of the Christian Resource Institute, folks who throw a hissie-fit when they see the word "Xmas" simply don’t know their Christian history.
The abbreviation “Xmas” has been around since the days of the Gutenberg Bible, when setting type by hand was tedious and time consuming. Further back,“X” is part of the Greek New Testament monogram of Christ, the chi (X) rho (P). The same X is found in the Greek word "ichthus," the origin of the fish symbol we see on some modern car bumpers. The letters of i-ch(X)-t-h-u-s stand for “Jesus Christ Son of God Savior.” The X represents Christ, and the Cross. As such it has a long and honorable history in Xianity.
Happy Xmas, Xians.
Connie

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Dec 23, 2010
Reader wrote:
The use of Xmas in the headline wasn’t meant to offend, nor was it part of some dark conspiracy to secularize Christmas. In this case, it probably was the best fit for the space. According to Dennis Bratcher of the Christian Resource Institute, folks who throw a hissie-fit when they see the word "Xmas" simply don’t know their Christian history.
The abbreviation “Xmas” has been around since the days of the Gutenberg Bible, when setting type by hand was tedious and time consuming. Further back,“X” is part of the Greek New Testament monogram of Christ, the chi (X) rho (P). The same X is found in the Greek word "ichthus," the origin of the fish symbol we see on some modern car bumpers. The letters of i-ch(X)-t-h-u-s stand for “Jesus Christ Son of God Savior.” The X represents Christ, and the Cross. As such it has a long and honorable history in Xianity.
Happy Xmas, Xians.
Thank you, Reader, for clarifying this. I was getting ready to write this exact explanation, but you saved me the trouble. Merry Christmas!
BillW

Phoenix, AZ

#8 Dec 23, 2010
Because everything is geared so PC, the term "White" could be deemed offensive to PC namesayers. Does PC then allow for a "Brown" Christmas according to the Obama agenda?

Since: Oct 10

Rio Rancho, NM

#9 Dec 23, 2010
OMFGOSH!!

Can't say ANYTHING without offending SOMEONE!!
AmICrazy

Albuquerque, NM

#10 Dec 23, 2010
To All My Democrat Friends

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2011 but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere . Also, this wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee.

To My Republican Friends:
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Red neck gal

Las Cruces, NM

#11 Dec 23, 2010
BillW wrote:
Because everything is geared so PC, the term "White" could be deemed offensive to PC namesayers. Does PC then allow for a "Brown" Christmas according to the Obama agenda?
I don't know but with the power plants' pollution I wouldn't be surprised if we had a brown snowfall for Christmas.
Mrs A

Las Cruces, NM

#12 Dec 23, 2010
AmICrazy wrote:
To All My Democrat Friends
Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2011 but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere . Also, this wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee.
To My Republican Friends:
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Oh so funny, I love it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dulce Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
truth about dulce (May '13) Oct '16 iowa boy 3
Blanco nm water leak (May '16) May '16 Chihuahuaboy_18 1
News Veterans organization suspends local chapter ov... (Aug '15) Aug '15 iareheroic 1
News Book: Extraterrestrials create Hell Underground... (Dec '11) May '15 New Perspective 6
Dulce to be featured on Wednesday, March 25 His... (Mar '09) May '15 Wiki 2
News Jicarilla jingle dress (Feb '06) May '15 Wanda 2
Dulce to be site of an unusual conference in Ma... (Jan '09) May '15 DUMBs 3

Dulce Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dulce Mortgages