Whts ur thoughts on this place?..
Angi

Kingsport, TN

#2 Nov 10, 2011
Fried and fattening
A Fan

United States

#3 Nov 10, 2011
I love the food there! They have specials daily. The only thing I don't like is Friday because it is fish special!! They have great food but a little over priced to eat there everyday for lunch! Great milkshakes and other unique desserts! Nutterbutter milkshakes and deepfried oreos rock!
cheryldurham

Akron, OH

#4 Nov 13, 2011
wonderful food iet there alot
raidersfan

Hendersonville, NC

#5 Nov 15, 2011
Food is great. I'd travel down every day from Norton just to hear the cute, southern talking blonde call me darling. My brothers and I frequent the place. I highly recommended.
joker

Hendersonville, NC

#6 Nov 15, 2011
Yeah She's the deliver at joy for day shift. Makes paying $6.00 a day for lunch easier. Corn dogs are awesome!!!!!!!!!
raidersfan

Hendersonville, NC

#7 Nov 15, 2011
Yep. I believe you're right, that's her. My brothers Jeff and john would haul her away in a heart beat. I couldn't turn down that sexy southern accent when she talks she has me hypnotized.
Good girl too, works her ass off
Her and her friend run the joint from what I hear.
sam

Charlotte, NC

#8 Nov 21, 2011
Dear raidersfan.........you have had it when you come back! Darling! I'll remember the post when its time for your hunters discount! Jeff...:)
custard stand lover

Rockwell, NC

#13 Jan 27, 2012
I love this place! Thanks girls!
BuLlCrAp

United States

#14 Jan 27, 2012
Recon all this is written by the same person? I'll tell you one thing as HIGH as the prices are the food could be BETTER! The last time my family ate there (2 wks ago) the food was burnt and it took forever to get it! The price was SOOOOO NOT WORTH IT! Maybe thats why no one has commented in months!!!!
Sam

United States

#15 Jan 28, 2012
BuLlCrAp wrote:
Recon all this is written by the same person? I'll tell you one thing as HIGH as the prices are the food could be BETTER! The last time my family ate there (2 wks ago) the food was burnt and it took forever to get it! The price was SOOOOO NOT WORTH IT! Maybe thats why no one has commented in months!!!!
i apologize your food wasnt satisfactory. if you would of called back it would have been fixed. as for the prices they havent changed so im guessing you havent ate there in 2 years. Unfortunately food cost and taxes are outrageous therefore we must charge what we do. The food has also been cooked to order for the past two years. i do apologize but if you come and see myself or marsha it will be rectified. we work mon-fri 9-8 you can call anytime.
BuLlCrAp

Brooklyn, NY

#16 Jan 29, 2012
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
i apologize your food wasnt satisfactory. if you would of called back it would have been fixed. as for the prices they havent changed so im guessing you havent ate there in 2 years. Unfortunately food cost and taxes are outrageous therefore we must charge what we do. The food has also been cooked to order for the past two years. i do apologize but if you come and see myself or marsha it will be rectified. we work mon-fri 9-8 you can call anytime.
First of all not only are your prices to high so are gas prices. Who could afford to buy a FAMILY meal there and then after getting home turn back around and come back? Maybe I just needed to be dressed in camouflage, be a male, and swell your head a little by flirting and my food will be cooked right and I'll get the, what did you call it, "hunters discount"!!!!!
Sam

United States

#17 Jan 30, 2012
Im really sorry you feel that way. the next time you are in duffield....please stop and we will replace the food. As for the hunters discount, its for men, women and children and we also have done that for the past two years from Oct-Dec. You seem very bitter....and i have apologized numerous times so.i guess now all i can say is bless your heart and ill pray that the lord blesses your family beyond measure. i hope you have a great day....and dont forget we owe you a meal.
another DCS lover

Duffield, VA

#18 Feb 25, 2012
Just can't satisfy some people Sam, so forget them. I've been getting food there regularly and have never had a bad meal...NEVER! Wish I could say the same for some higher-priced restaurants in the area. Besides that, I know my money is staying in the community and the county, so I have an extra incentive to frequent DCS. And if I had a bad meal, I would have the decency to talk to you about it instead of whining about it like a 2 year old on topix! Sounds like an ulterior motive to me....
Real Talk

Gate City, VA

#19 Mar 8, 2012
Best food in town. Love the chicken with fries and slaw. cant beat that

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#20 Mar 11, 2012
Try getting a decent hamburger, fries & drink at hardees for les than 7.00 if you can.....their monster burgers are smothered in mustard and catsup so much that you can't taste burger....maybe thats the point...lol. I paid 7.08 the other day at hardees. I threw over half of it away. Wish the custard stand had been open. Keep it up in the silver bullet.
Why closed weekends

Powhatan, VA

#21 May 20, 2012
Why would any food establishment be closed on weekends? Not saying anything bad since I don't know the new owners and haven't been by there since they took over but I will give them this bit of advice,you've got to be open on weekends to make the money!
Sam

United States

#22 May 20, 2012
Why closed weekends wrote:
Why would any food establishment be closed on weekends? Not saying anything bad since I don't know the new owners and haven't been by there since they took over but I will give them this bit of advice,you've got to be open on weekends to make the money!
We are closed on Saturdays because we havent went back to Summer and plus due to the inability to find honest, hard working , drug free employees we are unable to open....unfortunately the 4 of us that work there cannot work 9am-9pm; 6 days a week. As for Sundays, thats the Lords Day, we are all Christians and go to church so we will not be open then at all! But, Lords willing we should be opening Saturdays soon! Sorry for the inconvenience!
honest

United States

#23 May 23, 2012
How would a person go about applying? Do you have a fb page?
Sam

United States

#24 May 23, 2012
Just come by the stand and ask for myself or Marsha. One of us is there 9-9 Mon thru Friday.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Duffield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
gate city vs richlands Thu Study Hall 8
Church (Jun '12) Thu I know 152
Are Churchs the devils playground (Nov '13) Wed Important Info 19
Pregnant after getting your tubes tied? (Mar '11) Wed Important Info 125
Obama hates black people! Wed I know 10
People who exploit their children on facebook Wed I disagree 5
Otis Jessee Jr Wed Curious 1
Duffield Dating
Find my Match

Duffield People Search