Day of the dolphins

Day of the dolphins

There are 3 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Apr 13, 2008, titled Day of the dolphins. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

When my husband and I interacted with dolphins at Hawks Cay Resort, we marveled at the playful flirts.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Tyresiah Rheyes Cornellia

Orlando, FL

#1 Apr 13, 2008
What grade is Tina in?
Bittersweet

Winter Springs, FL

#2 Apr 13, 2008
I did this program twice at Hawk's Cay. The first time was nearly 15 years ago, and it was absolutely amazing! It was before you couldn't do the whole swimming portion anymore, and it was so wonderful! The second time I did this program was back in 2002, and it was still great! With smaller groups than those at Discovery Cove, it made it so much more personal even if you couldn't swim in the deeper water with them. The one thing I do remember that may have changed according to your article was being in a group of 4 instead of five. This is how it's done at the Dolphin Research Center, too.

One last thing, back when I did this program the first time, they also offered a sea lion swim as well.
Eva C

AOL

#3 Apr 17, 2008
It was great to hear a first hand account of the experience. I didn't know about this place before reading the article. It inspires me to tell about these dolphins to my children and grandchildren.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Duck Key Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why do you hate gringos. (Apr '12) Jul 24 Justin 20
News Sea tunes on tap at Florida Keys Underwater Mus... Jul 10 susan rich 1
Lookin for pat patterson Jul 5 Pat 2
fruit tree show Jun '15 rdenim15 1
News Did you live through Hurricane Andrew? Tell us (Jul '12) May '15 Beatawhoredown 2
Lookin for friends May '15 Beatawhoredown 1
Friends May '15 Susie 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Duck Key Mortgages