Family frustrated by lack of charges in Dyersville slaying

Dec 31, 2008 Full story: The Gazette 96

One month later, no charges have been filed against Christopher Leppert, who told authorities he shot 24-year-old David Herman in self-defense Nov.

Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Justice in Iowa

Cascade, IA

#88 Nov 18, 2009
I can only assume that the person from Eldridge, IA is directly related to Mr. Hermann. From reading the Aggressive and rude comments throughout this blog, I can only assume that this is a "family trait". It would be hard to persuade a community on the Sincerity of Mr. Hermann when each comment shows hostility. Mr. Leppert must have encountered a "Hostile area" also prior to performing his professional services.

It is hard to sell a Loving, caring person when each discussion ends up with a rude remark. It also reflects a willingness to "attack" a writer for submitting comments instead of discussing them logically. Actually this blog reflects the escalation of "verbal violence", which could easily be perceived as to what happened at a physical level on that day.

I would recommend some time to grieve for the loss of a family member and stop taking this out on the community. Mr. Hermann should be remembered (as his children should) for how he lived, not how he died.

Sometimes when people have their backs against a wall, they REACT and do things that are not consistant with their normal life. It seems that Ms. Fauver/Mr. Hermann we are that point in their lives. I only question, where were the parents of these troubled people? At a time when they needed guidance and help, they were left to defend for themselves. It seems bad choices were made and now RESPONSIBILITY is being shifted.
cocerned friend

Guttenberg, IA

#89 Nov 18, 2009
Justice in Iowa wrote:
I can only assume that the person from Eldridge, IA is directly related to Mr. Hermann. From reading the Aggressive and rude comments throughout this blog, I can only assume that this is a "family trait". It would be hard to persuade a community on the Sincerity of Mr. Hermann when each comment shows hostility. Mr. Leppert must have encountered a "Hostile area" also prior to performing his professional services.
It is hard to sell a Loving, caring person when each discussion ends up with a rude remark. It also reflects a willingness to "attack" a writer for submitting comments instead of discussing them logically. Actually this blog reflects the escalation of "verbal violence", which could easily be perceived as to what happened at a physical level on that day.
I would recommend some time to grieve for the loss of a family member and stop taking this out on the community. Mr. Hermann should be remembered (as his children should) for how he lived, not how he died.
Sometimes when people have their backs against a wall, they REACT and do things that are not consistant with their normal life. It seems that Ms. Fauver/Mr. Hermann we are that point in their lives. I only question, where were the parents of these troubled people? At a time when they needed guidance and help, they were left to defend for themselves. It seems bad choices were made and now RESPONSIBILITY is being shifted.
i am not a family member but a angry friend of both david and jen's.sweet old eldridge,where the hell is it even????you think you are so smart don't ya?anyone would be outraged if they had there friends shot at!think about it!mind your business about the parents,they were grown as- people,they did not need their parents.you must still rely on your parents though,to think that your parents are always there to bail ya out of trouble,must be nice to be pampered.
Justice in Iowa

Cascade, IA

#90 Nov 18, 2009
cocerned friend.. You must think this article and comments section is your "personal" chat. This idea "Mind your own Business" should have woke you up to the idea that the COMMUNITY is discussing this issue (and not to you). Somehow you feel each comment needs your stamp of approval or validation, in which it does not.

When parents are ready to step up after the death of a child to demand answers, it does beg the question where were they BEFORE the child got that far into trouble. The NEGLIGENCE of Guardians (even after adulthood) reflects on the individual and how they acted within the community.

Your rude comments reflect the fact that you have no RESPECT for anybody that disagrees with your ideas. Then you try to justify it with clumsy remarks like "anyone would be outraged if they had there friends shot at". It doesn't take a "smart" person to figure that out. When you have a conversation with no respect it can only get worse.

A "friend" helps his deceased friend by HONORING his memory, not trashing the people in the community because they don't agree with him. It only serves to make Mr. Hermann look more like a thug, especially when his "friends" are being THUGS on blog sites.
cocerned friend

Guttenberg, IA

#91 Nov 18, 2009
Justice in Iowa wrote:
cocerned friend.. You must think this article and comments section is your "personal" chat. This idea "Mind your own Business" should have woke you up to the idea that the COMMUNITY is discussing this issue (and not to you). Somehow you feel each comment needs your stamp of approval or validation, in which it does not.
When parents are ready to step up after the death of a child to demand answers, it does beg the question where were they BEFORE the child got that far into trouble. The NEGLIGENCE of Guardians (even after adulthood) reflects on the individual and how they acted within the community.
Your rude comments reflect the fact that you have no RESPECT for anybody that disagrees with your ideas. Then you try to justify it with clumsy remarks like "anyone would be outraged if they had there friends shot at". It doesn't take a "smart" person to figure that out. When you have a conversation with no respect it can only get worse.
A "friend" helps his deceased friend by HONORING his memory, not trashing the people in the community because they don't agree with him. It only serves to make Mr. Hermann look more like a thug, especially when his "friends" are being THUGS on blog sites.
you are right about one thing...i have no respect for any of you parasites on this site.i am above you,david was also above you,and i will honor david anyway I PLEASE.SO GO SUCK A C@CK,is that stamped for your approval as+hole!LEPPERT IS A P%SSY!
looser

Milton, FL

#92 Nov 18, 2009
you have no respect because you are a looser
how it is

Cedar Rapids, IA

#93 Nov 18, 2009
Justice in Iowa wrote:
I can only assume that the person from Eldridge, IA is directly related to Mr. Hermann. From reading the Aggressive and rude comments throughout this blog, I can only assume that this is a "family trait". It would be hard to persuade a community on the Sincerity of Mr. Hermann when each comment shows hostility. Mr. Leppert must have encountered a "Hostile area" also prior to performing his professional services.
It is hard to sell a Loving, caring person when each discussion ends up with a rude remark. It also reflects a willingness to "attack" a writer for submitting comments instead of discussing them logically. Actually this blog reflects the escalation of "verbal violence", which could easily be perceived as to what happened at a physical level on that day.
I would recommend some time to grieve for the loss of a family member and stop taking this out on the community. Mr. Hermann should be remembered (as his children should) for how he lived, not how he died.
Sometimes when people have their backs against a wall, they REACT and do things that are not consistant with their normal life. It seems that Ms. Fauver/Mr. Hermann we are that point in their lives. I only question, where were the parents of these troubled people? At a time when they needed guidance and help, they were left to defend for themselves. It seems bad choices were made and now RESPONSIBILITY is being shifted.
I totally understand what you are saying, you are not on my end at all!! This man shot and killed my baby brother. For you to sit here and talk about where his parents were at this time, or why did he get into this situation to begin with? Our father is deseased. Please do not go there about paretns being there. He ws taking care of his family, just like all of us do. Bad choices doesnt mean that david had to die. Getting on here, seeing what people are saying about my brother? its all wrong!!!! Im going to be on here defending him all the way, he would do the same for me, It may b immature, but Im angry, that people could even say the things that there saying about him?? why? David didnt go to this lepperts car, he didnt attack this dude, he didnt start it, he did go to pay his rent and the bit-- turned it down, he didnt use drugs, he wasnt a crackhead. He was a great father, a great brother, and a son, ect. hes my bestfriend that I cannot talk to anymore, he was a great uncle to my kids. and they no longer can see or talk to him at all!!! Thanks to that jerk!!
cocerned friend

Guttenberg, IA

#94 Nov 19, 2009
looser wrote:
you have no respect because you are a looser
grow up child!!!
concerned friend

Milton, FL

#95 Nov 20, 2009
thats funny how you say grow up child, when it is you on here slinging all the foul mouthed crap, you looser
cocerned friend

Guttenberg, IA

#96 Nov 21, 2009
still here huh loser?
how it is

Milton, FL

#98 Dec 4, 2009
yea but he was a nice guy, just defending his family! it was ok for him and his swamp thing girlfriend to take out their problems on an innocent victim, because he was a nice guy
eldridge looser

Milton, FL

#99 Dec 4, 2009
ok now you can come on here, call me a child molester, tell me to go bang my mother, go suck c@@ck, or whatever childish rants you may have. BUT THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE, and so the grand jurry has determined that the locksmith was justified, so come on now lets hear how the police, judge,lawyers, and people on the grand jurry are all friends of the locksmith. start making up your excuses about how the legal system is corrupt, and everybody is at fault EXCEPT DAVID HERMAN and yes i am still here you looser, justice has been served
the elridge loser

Guttenberg, IA

#100 Dec 5, 2009
eldridge looser wrote:
ok now you can come on here, call me a child molester, tell me to go bang my mother, go suck c@@ck, or whatever childish rants you may have. BUT THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE, and so the grand jurry has determined that the locksmith was justified, so come on now lets hear how the police, judge,lawyers, and people on the grand jurry are all friends of the locksmith. start making up your excuses about how the legal system is corrupt, and everybody is at fault EXCEPT DAVID HERMAN and yes i am still here you looser, justice has been served
i still believe you are of those things...and leppert is still very much guilty in my eyes.your conspiracy theory is pretty descent too.so like i said before you chomo,go f_ck your mother and suck a c*ck.....hope your happy you got away with it,murderer.
Justice

Mishawaka, IN

#101 Jan 21, 2011
justice was served
what is justice

United States

#103 Jul 19, 2011
justice will never b served,until what goes around comes around,i am sure he's got something coming to him,murdering sob!David will always b alive in all of us who loved him,never will b forgotten....NEVER!!!!!
what is justice

Clinton, IA

#104 Aug 7, 2011
I HAVE A QUESTION, IF WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND WOULDNT THAT MEAN DAVID GOT HIS, I WOULD HAVE TO SAY YEP
look at u

United States

#105 Sep 11, 2011
look it's the loser of the site!Still on here pretending everything that happened that day was davids fault?I knew if i said anything on here u losers couldn't leave it b.u still got whats coming old man...like i said.PATHETIC LOSER!!!!!!!!!!LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dubuque Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Jail House Cycles Tue mrcycle 1
ABRA Auto Body & Glass Adds Muscatine, IA Franc... (Feb '10) Nov 19 Zach 5
Sanders eyes 'political revolution' in Iowa Sep '14 Swedenforever 4
Review: Splattering Ink Tattoo And Body Piercing (Nov '12) May '14 Abby 3
Dubuque, Iowa Officials Admit To Housing Discri... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Shalimarr 4
79-year-old player joins Dubuque elementary band (Apr '14) Apr '14 Paris Hilton 4
Judge: Married women can't divorce in Alabama (Mar '14) Mar '14 Sen Rick Saintpornum 6
Dubuque Dating
Find my Match

Dubuque People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Dubuque News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Dubuque

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:35 pm PST

ESPN 2:35PM
Cardinals' Bush: No 'fair shake' with Bears
NBC Sports 3:46 PM
Improving Packers D gets test with Gronkowski - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 3:55 PM
Will Lions bad offense or Bears bad defense step up?
Bleacher Report 5:56 PM
Breaking Down Lions' Game Plan vs. Bears
NBC Sports 9:17 PM
Week 13 skill-position injury report — Wednesday