Water fluoridation offers important benefits in Dubuque

Mar 29, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Telegraph Herald

Fluoride added to Dubuque's water system is governed by prudent public health practices that dictate the use of only the amount necessary to achieve the desired effects, as set forth by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the Safe Drinking Water Act.

Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated May 27, 2013
nyscof

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2010

Over 2,700 professionals (including over 260 dentists) urge the US Congress to stop water fluoridation until Congressional hearings are conducted, citing scientific evidence that fluoridation, long promoted to fight tooth decay, is ineffective and has serious health risks. See statement: http://www.fluorideaction.org/statement.augus...

Much of the fluoridation chemicals are purchased from China according to Kip Duchon, Fluoridation Engineer for the Centers for Disease Control.(a) Amesbury, MA water engineers found the Chinese fluoride chemicals clogged up their system.( c)

Also, eleven Environmental Protection Agency employee unions representing over 7000 environmental and public health professionals called for a moratorium on drinking water fluoridation programs across the country, and have asked EPA management to recognize fluoride as posing a serious risk of causing cancer in people.(b)

Approximately, 80 US communities rejected fluoridation in 2008 & 2009
Healthy

Mishawaka, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2011

It if a proven fact that fluoride is essential to oral health
GetReal1982

Clearlake, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2011

Hitler was the first to use Fluoride in water which he then used on the Jews in the Nazi concentration camps...essential for your health!? BS! Yes, the reason why fluoride is put in your drinking water is very hard to handle, but guess if you are docile and stupid you are easy to take advantage of. Their is a conspiracy to keep the masses as stupid sheeple, and it is working wonderfully since only a few people are smart enough and open minded enough to actually look at the facts for what they actually are, opposed to translating them into what you were TOLD they were. Wake up. Fluoride is poison. It doesn't even make sense because only a fraction of the water is used for human consumption, like only 5%...do you really think any buisness would pay extra to do something that is unneccesary to begin with since EVERY brand of toothpaste sold at all the major stores like Walmart, Target, etc have fluoride in them! If you don't brush your teeth your teeth are fucked anyway, so the fluoride is pointless for those people. I could go on and on and on about the pointlessness of fluoride but I won't cause either you are smart enough to look into the issue for yourself or you're too brainwashed to accept this to be true.
Bethany

Dubuque, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

I believe you. I had pediatric acute lymphoblastic leukemia of the bone marrow when I was 3 years old and when I heard that is one of the many health problems sodium fluoride (a derivative of hydrofluoric acid) can cause, I was convinced and began drinking bottled water purified through reverse osmosis or steam distillation only. In the last 7 months since beginning to do so I have noticed a major difference in clarity of thought and feeling of bodily health to say the least.
Daniel

Dubuque, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

How to Decalcify Your Pineal Gland

Everyone needs to know this. How to decalcify your pineal gland.

http://www.naturalcuresnotmedicine.com/2013/0...

GET INVOLVED! Help remove fluoride in your town.
http://www.fluoridealert.org/take-action/
jwillie6

Lafayette, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Do you wonder why only 5% of the world fluoridates drinking water or why
the many states with the longest fluoridation record have the worse teeth?
They have examined the science and the many studies showing that fluoridation is ineffective.

For example,
Florida is 77.7% fluoridated with 16.7% complete tooth loss,
Illinois (98.9% fluoridated with 19.1% tooth loss),
Kentucky (99.8%, 23.7%),
Maine (79.6%, 31.9%),
New York (72.9%, 17.0%),
West Virginia (91.7%, 37.8%),
etc., etc.

Compare those to Hawaii, which is only 8.4% fluoridated with only 9.6% complete tooth loss.  It shows just how INEFFECTIVE fluoridation is. 

You can check the data for any state at the following CDC site:
http://apps.nccd.cdc.gov/nohss/ByState.asp...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Dubuque Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Dubuque Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Dubuque People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE