Dubuque, Iowa Officials Admit To Hous...

Dubuque, Iowa Officials Admit To Housing Discrimination Against Blacks

There are 4 comments on the NewsOne story from Apr 15, 2014, titled Dubuque, Iowa Officials Admit To Housing Discrimination Against Blacks. In it, NewsOne reports that:

On Tuesday, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development announced an agreement with the city of Dubuque, Iowa , that effectively settles allegations that the city discriminated against African Americans applying for the Housing Choice Voucher Program.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOne.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#1 Apr 15, 2014
How could they get away with doing this for so long? Makes me wonder what else is happening in other places.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#2 Apr 15, 2014
Despite laws against this, this is a fairly common practice over here. Not just aganst blacks, but against all groups. Even within the same apartment complex, certain groups are routinely assigned to one certain section, whilst the whites are assigned to other sections.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#4 Apr 15, 2014
REAL BRO wrote:
<quoted text>
Its mainly AGAINST BLACK PEOPLE, why don't you keep it REAL & stop trying to sugar coat RACISM.
I don't deny the struggles we face brother..but where I live, it is about 35% mexican. They are routinely having to deal with phoney "laws" to keep them from moving in.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#7 Apr 15, 2014
REAL BRO wrote:
<quoted text>
Its mainly AGAINST BLACK PEOPLE, why don't you keep it REAL & stop trying to sugar coat RACISM.
Co sign.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dubuque Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump vs. Ramos Aug 26 cmchristian53 1
News Donald Trump and Univision's Jorge Ramos engage... Aug 26 Ho Dee Doo 2
News Neighbors of planned Dubuque County shooting ra... Aug 20 FARMER 2
Review: A 1 Allergy Relief Ctr (Sep '09) May '15 Evan L 65
News With gay marriage on hold, Alabama judge OKs le... Mar '15 Shirvell s Shrivel 2
News With gay marriage on hold, Alabama judge OKs le... Mar '15 Shirvell s Shrivel 1
old paths baptist church (Jan '15) Jan '15 curious 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dubuque Mortgages