Parents of incoming Dubuque college s...

Parents of incoming Dubuque college student decline $14,000 sch...

There are 12 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Apr 1, 2010, titled Parents of incoming Dubuque college student decline $14,000 sch.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Administrators at Loras College say they recently received a very surprising call from the parents of a student who plans to attend the Dubuque school this fall.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

TUG

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Apr 1, 2010
Bravo!
me in st paul

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Apr 1, 2010
What kind people!!
JLB

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Apr 1, 2010
It's nice to know there are still a few classy people around.

Since: Sep 09

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Apr 1, 2010
Glad to see someone is doing the right thing.
NdN

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Apr 1, 2010
It is so wonderful to see there are families out there that can do that. Thank you for you generosity in these trying times.
JJJ13

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Apr 1, 2010
That is so nice of them. Putting others first - don't see that very often these days.
Amy

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Apr 1, 2010
WOW! I didn't think people like this existed in America anymore. My best to you!
Amused

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Apr 1, 2010
I think that is awesome! Wish there were more people like this out there!
sure to sue2

Blue Earth, MN

#9 Apr 1, 2010
they probably did not want to release all the personal information that is asked for with the scholarship application form.
Sarah D

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Apr 1, 2010
sure to sue2 wrote:
they probably did not want to release all the personal information that is asked for with the scholarship application form.
The kid had already been awarded the scholarship. What's the matter with you? Here's a story about people being classy instead of greedy and you have to post something like this.
sure to sue2

Blue Earth, MN

#11 Apr 1, 2010
Sarah D wrote:
<quoted text>
The kid had already been awarded the scholarship. What's the matter with you? Here's a story about people being classy instead of greedy and you have to post something like this.
YOU do realize that when a scholarship is awarded there is no personal information needed. But there is always follow on paperwork. And the schools always want more personal information.
Amazed

United States

#12 Jan 21, 2011
Wow. Good for them

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dubuque Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Long lost wallet returned to Dubuque woman afte... Jun 23 M_Dousharm 1
party May '16 visitor 1
News Man Arrested for Punching Dubuque Police Officer Apr '16 redbear 2
Debate: Marijuana - Dubuque, IA (Sep '10) Apr '16 Christina 23
Cross burning!. Apr '16 Sammy 1
old paths baptist church (Jan '15) Mar '16 assured 2
News Charges filed against Dubuque woman whose son s... Feb '16 Redhawk 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dubuque Mortgages