Puppy beating sparks look at Iowa's animal cruelty laws

Dec 22, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KWWL-TV Waterloo

In light of a recent incident, in which a Quad Cities man allegedly beat a puppy to death after the dog urinated on the carpet, some people are taking closer look at Iowa's laws on animal cruelty.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
cathrine farr

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

Judged:

I THINK ITS CRUEL AND INHUMAN TO BEAT AN INNOCENT PUPPY FOR URNATING ON THE RUG .THIS INNOCENT PUPPY DIDN'T DESERVE WAT HAPPENED TO HIM .THIS PUPPY WAS LIKE A BABY.IT DOESN'T UNDERSTAND WAT HE DID
PEOPLE WHO HURT ANIMALS ARE EVIL AND COWARDS.
ANIMALS CAN'T FIGHT BACK.ANIMALS CAN'T SPEAK.
ANIMALS ARE SUPPOSE TO BE MANS BEST FRIEND.
EVERYDAY AN ANIMAL IS BEING HURT OR KILLED IN THE HANDS OF AN ABUSER.I SHED A TEAR EVERYTIME I READ ABOUT SOMEONE HURTING AND KILLING ANIMALS.
THIS NEEDS TO STOP!GIVE AN ANIMAL A HAPPY AND LOVING HOME.TREAT AN ANIMAL LIKE YOU WOULD WANT TO BE TREATED.AMEN..........

“Scabies are people too!”

Since: Apr 11

Killing scabies IS MURDER!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

Judged:

$25-$50 fine seems about right. This is more disruptive than illegal parking but less egregious than speeding...which puts humans in danger. Iowa's laws are way too strict imo.

“I'm an East Asian male.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

Judged:

Iowa law wrote:
This chapter defines "animal" as any nonhuman vertebrate. However, it excludes livestock, game, fur-bearing animal, fish, reptile, or amphibian unless a person owns, confines, or controls the game, fur-bearing animal, fish, reptile, or amphibian, and any nongame considered a "nuisance."
According to Iowa's law, when Whites beat to death a chicken, a fish, a deer, a cow, a lobster, etc. for food it does not constitute animal abuse, because Whites eat those animals. However, beating to death a dog or cat is a reprehensible crime in the eyes of Whites, because Whites have deemed those to not be food animals.

All those White devils who foam at the mouth on videos where Asians prepare dogs and cats for food, saying they'd like to nuke all Asians or torture all Asians, don't have a logically consistent foot to stand on. They're hypocrites who would never talk about doing the same kind of thing to Germanic peoples for their love of pork and beef.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Dubuque Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Dubuque People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••