Feds propose 5 counties jump time zones

Feds propose 5 counties jump time zones

There are 179 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jul 17, 2007, titled Feds propose 5 counties jump time zones. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Five southwestern Indiana counties that switched to Central time last year would be allowed to move back to Eastern time under a proposed rule announced today by the U.S. Department of Transportation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
IndyTom

Palo Alto, CA

#1 Jul 17, 2007
Interesting that these are the same counties that wanted Troy Woodruff out for having the vision that the counties belonged on Eastern time with the rest of Indiana.
Aim High

Palo Alto, CA

#2 Jul 17, 2007
Hmmmm... what about "Bad Rug" Bauer's comments about how everyone in Indiana want to be on Central Time.
right stuff

Bridgeport, WV

#3 Jul 17, 2007
What they were upset about was moving to DST, particularly since Woodruff had said he would vote against that.

“"THIS IS NOT A TEST!"”

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Jul 17, 2007
As long as I still have 24 hours in a day, I'm cool... I'm sorry for all the idiots that don't know how to tell local time.
Hoosiers Love Everyone

Milford, CT

#5 Jul 17, 2007
IndyTom wrote:
Interesting that these are the same counties that wanted Troy Woodruff out for having the vision that the counties belonged on Eastern time with the rest of Indiana.
It is interesting. Hopefully the Democrats are going to remember this as they try to whip people into a frenzy over DST, which truthfully has caused little to no hardship for anyone who matters.
Eastern it is

Montgomery, IN

#6 Jul 17, 2007
Woo Hoo!!! It's about time (pun intended). I live and work in these counties and almost everyone I speak with wants Eastern Time. If Rep. Dave Crooks would have actually listened to the people of this area and not have tried to make things go his way then we would have never been in this big mess to start with. Thanks Dave for all of the wasted tax dollars spent on trying to get this area back on Eastern time where it belongs.
indysince50

Kansas City, MO

#7 Jul 17, 2007
I grew up in Indiana and was a teenager in the '50's. I remember all too well the battle between drive-in theater owners and farmers, with the former wanting it to get dark earlier and the latter wanting as much daylight as possible.

Roll the clock forward 50 years and what progress has been made?

Absolutely none! Come on Indiana. Try using some common sense.
Dan

Berwyn, IL

#8 Jul 17, 2007
Does anybody really know what time it is? Does anybody really care? If so, I can't imagine why--we all have time enough to die.....

Dan
East Side
Eric D

Plainfield, IN

#9 Jul 17, 2007
Can they even read a clock down there? Obviousily they could not read the impact studies before!

Since: Jul 07

Arcanum, OH

#10 Jul 17, 2007
the entire state should be on central. I wish Mitch would have left it as it was. now no one knows what time we are on!
yep

Plainfield, IN

#11 Jul 17, 2007
What time is it?

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

South Bend, IN

#12 Jul 17, 2007
Let's just lease all our clocks to the Black Forest clockmakers in Germany and get rid of this problem once and for all.

They specialize in cuckoos, so it would seem to be a perfect fit.
Welcome Back to Reality

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Jul 17, 2007
Think of the cows and other animals who will be confused with all the extra daylight; Think of the corn, beans and other fields that will probably be burned up by the extra sunlight.
renbutler

Milroy, IN

#14 Jul 17, 2007
This is where some mental midget typically spouts off about how the entire state belongs on the same time.

Since: Mar 07

Carmel

#15 Jul 17, 2007
Doesn't The extra hour of daylight burn the crops, and that is why the farmers are against it?

My uncle said that the cows still haven't adjusted to DST, and still don't know when to give milk.
Clepsydra

Indianapolis, IN

#16 Jul 17, 2007
Bauer is a blowhard and gives Democrats in Indiana the bad reputation. Joining the rest of the country and going to DST was what needed to be done.
It was my understanding

United States

#17 Jul 17, 2007
That these counties went to Central assuming that the Governor would live up to his campaign promise of putting Indiana on Central time. Of course, thanks to the golf lobby and others, Indiana remains in the same time zone as New York and Washington DC as oppose to say, Chicago. Oh well.
urban dweller

United States

#18 Jul 17, 2007
IndyTom wrote:
In case you haven't noticed, folks from that area aren't too bright.
Duh

Palo Alto, CA

#19 Jul 17, 2007
Mad SouthSider wrote:
the entire state should be on central. I wish Mitch would have left it as it was. now no one knows what time we are on!
Clue: If you live on the southside of Indianapolis, you are in the Eastern Time Zone.

Rewind your sundial. PS: Your parents should have used birth control.
Eastern TIme

AOL

#21 Jul 17, 2007
I love the extra hour in the evenings.

90% of people do. The exceptions might be parents with young children who perhaps think they stay up too long and Drive Inn Theatres of which there are like 2 left.

I hope we never go back to Central Time

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dubois Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ashley Uppencamp (Nov '15) 7 hr Mommy 2
French Lick Resort Confirms Payment System Breach (Jan '15) May 20 F_ _K Joe V He So... 12
crystal boyee (Apr '15) May 20 Useless 2
The guy on 3rds at Circle A May 20 Thinkin bout it 1
Perkins Logistics and specialized transportatio... (Dec '10) May 14 Jethrobodine 52
News Time-zone letters may be forged (Aug '07) Apr '15 Natashxx 113
Jimmy and angel (Sep '14) Sep '14 wow 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dubois Mortgages