President to pardon Indiana-raised tu...

President to pardon Indiana-raised turkeys

There are 54 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Nov 20, 2007, titled President to pardon Indiana-raised turkeys. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Two Indiana turkeys are in Washington anticipating a presidential pardon from Thanksgiving dinner.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
MAD

Indianapolis, IN

#46 Nov 20, 2007
LET US ALL BE THANKFUL THIS HOLIDAY FOR OUR TROOPS THAT ARE FIGHTING FOR OUR FREEDOM TO BITCH ABOUT PARDONING A TURKEY
T Joe Ferbe

Indianapolis, IN

#47 Nov 20, 2007
Grumpy Old Fart wrote:
I didn't know Bart Peterson was going to Washington D.C. over the holidays?
On our TAX dollars.

That turkey will be on G.Bush's table.
actually

Indianapolis, IN

#48 Nov 20, 2007
Truth Be Told wrote:
You people will find anything to complain about. This is a tradition that dates back to President Lincoln. Enjoy the tradition for what it is. I suppose none of you had a problem with this when Clinton pardoned his turkeys (pun intended). Have a very happy Thanksgiving and Christmas.
It says the tradition started with Truman. Get your facts straight if you want to criticise the critics.
nope

Indianapolis, IN

#49 Nov 20, 2007
Burton what wrote:
Burton was pardoned for what!
Nope, that turkey didn't get a presidential pardon. He's just getting the (voters) boot.
WRONG

Indianapolis, IN

#50 Nov 20, 2007
Truth Be Told wrote:
You people will find anything to complain about. This is a tradition that dates back to President Lincoln. Enjoy the tradition for what it is. I suppose none of you had a problem with this when Clinton pardoned his turkeys (pun intended). Have a very happy Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Actually, it's a tradition that dates back to President Truman, not Lincoln.
Truth Be Told

Greenfield, IN

#51 Nov 20, 2007
Truman made it an official act of the presidencey but Lincoln started the tradition and it has been carried out ever since. Nevertheless, it is still just a fun tradition so lighten up pinheads!!
respect wrote:
I wish some of you would read this article a little better. The tradition started with President Truman, not Lincoln or the first Bush.
Also, I would rather be reading about a turkey than a murder or rape. If you aren't complaining that someone isn't getting enough jail time you're complaining that there isn't anything else more exciting in the news.
Be thankful.
...and also, learn how to read.
Truth Be Told

Greenfield, IN

#52 Nov 20, 2007
Just like a liberal to believe the newspapers. Check your facts. Truman made it an official act of the presidency but Lincoln started the tradition.
actually wrote:
<quoted text>
It says the tradition started with Truman. Get your facts straight if you want to criticise the critics.
Gobble Gobble

Indianapolis, IN

#53 Nov 20, 2007
Hoosier Turkey wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohhhh ... lighten up. It's nice to see Indiana get some positive press.
About turkeys leading a parade?????? No wonder other states make fun of us.
blackhawk

Redmond, WA

#55 Nov 20, 2007
Red Vulcan wrote:
OK... let's say you're correct. Bottom line is that it was Truman that made this stupid tradition a requirement for all latter presidents to follow. I wish Bush would have had Cheney shoot the damn things and dress them out for Thanksgiving dinner!!!! <quoted text>
i can enjoy the whole fun of the 'pardon'. what steams me is the over the top money spent on this. instead of getting some local turkey for the photo op-- they used the secret service to get one from a big donor? than they fly it to disneyworld?
sorry-- that stinks. it goes against what a good republican should be-- fiscally conservative. how about doing it the old way and putting the rest against the national debt?????
how many billion dollars will we pay in INTEREST on that this year?
straight out of all of our pockets.
blackhawk

Redmond, WA

#56 Nov 20, 2007
Jon wrote:
What's the turkey's name? Julia Carson
two turkeys with pardons....
scooter and tricky dick
Truth BE Told

Warren, OH

#57 Nov 20, 2007
Red Vulcan wrote:
OK... let's say you're correct. Bottom line is that it was Truman that made this stupid tradition a requirement for all latter presidents to follow. I wish Bush would have had Cheney shoot the damn things and dress them out for Thanksgiving dinner!!!! <quoted text>
Let's say you're all turkeys for advocating the killing of animals for human consumption. Useless killing is a numbskull thing to do. This Thanksgiving maybe you all can try to separate yourselves from all animal flesh and secretions. Read a book titled The World Peace Diet. Instead of dressing out poultry or whatever animal flesh you eat, dress out your consciousness.
Dennis_Daviess Co

United States

#58 Nov 21, 2007
I just hope the next president doesn't do the stupid thing of pardoning Bush & Chaney when they go to prison for all of the criminal thing they did while in office.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#60 Jan 26, 2008
Greg wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, that's the best thing I've read all morning!!
I could just see a turkey standing on a box, hood over it's head and electrodes hooked to it Abu Gharaib style!!
With a gaggle of congressmen standing by ringing their hands.
jack

India

#61 Jul 14, 2008
Bush must not do this type of things.He really should not do like that.it is very unfare

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dubois Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Happened to Dr. Love Jun 21 wildcat77 1
Anybody find a dog. Reward........ Jun 21 Brandon 1
News Time-zone letters may be forged (Aug '07) Apr '15 Natashxx 113
Jimmy and angel (Sep '14) Sep '14 wow 1
News Former local Boy Scouts executive charged in ch... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Patriot 3
Debate: Health Care - Dubois, IN (Sep '12) Oct '12 not support 4
Looking for old friend (Jan '11) Jan '12 officer Barney Fife 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dubois Mortgages