President to pardon Indiana-raised tu...

President to pardon Indiana-raised turkeys

There are 54 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Nov 20, 2007, titled President to pardon Indiana-raised turkeys. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Two Indiana turkeys are in Washington anticipating a presidential pardon from Thanksgiving dinner.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
good job

United States

#2 Nov 20, 2007
Time and money well spent by our government leaders while thousands will go without a meal on thanksgiving.
UGH

Carmel, IN

#3 Nov 20, 2007
Indiana raised turkeys../
The President is pardoning Bling Bling Anderson and Mayor Fart???
nice

Circleville, OH

#4 Nov 20, 2007
i wish i could afford to have a contest for my turkey and then have two or more gaurds pickup my turkeys from accross the country then deliver them under the highest securtity. I would say this is an example of the way my (taxes) paycheck is spent
poor puppy

Newark, OH

#5 Nov 20, 2007
that turkey is a republican or it aint fit to eat. Must be the last one to support him.
c fitz

Richmond, IN

#6 Nov 20, 2007
One turkey pardoning 2 others. Now these 2 turkeys have something in common with Scooter Libby....
Cornholio

Fishers, IN

#7 Nov 20, 2007
Yeah, he's taking Monroe with him.
Grumpy Old Fart wrote:
I didn't know Bart Peterson was going to Washington D.C. over the holidays?
Hoosier Turkey

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Nov 20, 2007
good job wrote:
Time and money well spent by our government leaders while thousands will go without a meal on thanksgiving.
Ohhhh ... lighten up. It's nice to see Indiana get some positive press.
Ran dy

Phoenix, AZ

#9 Nov 20, 2007
Nice use of taxpayer money!!! Way to go Bush!!!!
Stumblebum

Indianapolis, IN

#10 Nov 20, 2007
The turkeys are lucky they didn't get a Bush waterboarding. After the Patriot Act's passage, turkeys now have more rights than humans in America.
5717xds

Sellersburg, IN

#11 Nov 20, 2007
pardon the border guards
politicalpiss-on

Connersville, IN

#12 Nov 20, 2007
Why does it matter whether or not these turkies get a "Presidential Pardon". Just find two nice sized gobblers and send them off to the parade. There are plenty of turkeys out there that aren't going to be eaten for Thanksgiving and I don't see them getting a special sign-off from the president.
politicalpiss-on

Connersville, IN

#13 Nov 20, 2007
nice wrote:
i wish i could afford to have a contest for my turkey and then have two or more gaurds pickup my turkeys from accross the country then deliver them under the highest securtity. I would say this is an example of the way my (taxes) paycheck is spent
I wish i had the money too. I guess the government can't find a better way to spend a paycheck
Expensive Turkey

West Manchester, OH

#14 Nov 20, 2007
Why don't you search and see how much the Seger family has donated to Republican candidates. After my calculations, pound for pound that bird is the bird that lays golden eggs. www.politicalmoneyline.com
search Seger, Farbest, Wabash Valley Produce, and/or 47546.

“Equality for ALL”

Since: May 07

Indianapolis/Muncie

#15 Nov 20, 2007
what a boring news day to publish something like this
plainfield

Indianapolis, IN

#16 Nov 20, 2007
good job wrote:
no one will go without on thankgiving .ever time you pick up the paper .you read where they are serving free lunches that day .
ever one on food stamps buy turkey and ham .what can you afford ?
jeffw

Indianapolis, IN

#18 Nov 20, 2007
I think we should pardon the president and put the turkey in charge. We couldnt be much worse off...
Truth Be Told

Greenfield, IN

#19 Nov 20, 2007
You people will find anything to complain about. This is a tradition that dates back to President Lincoln. Enjoy the tradition for what it is. I suppose none of you had a problem with this when Clinton pardoned his turkeys (pun intended). Have a very happy Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Ad Lib

Indianapolis, IN

#20 Nov 20, 2007
They were pardoned from Iraq service,
not the dinner table.
Jon

Arcadia, IN

#21 Nov 20, 2007
What's the turkey's name? Julia Carson
Mrs Sippee

Indianapolis, IN

#22 Nov 20, 2007
c fitz wrote:
One turkey pardoning 2 others. Now these 2 turkeys have something in common with Scooter Libby....
Now that's funny AND TRUE!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dubois Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
French Lick Resort Confirms Payment System Breach (Jan '15) 5 hr Curious George 15
Eddie rasche (Sep '14) 7 hr Ishouldhavebeenfa... 14
If you think Trump is a Racist 7 hr Ishouldhavebeenfa... 6
Angel Allen (Jan '16) Aug 27 Jaded4 6
The guy on 3rds at Circle A Aug 26 Bawahaha 7
What Happened to Dr. Love Aug 24 Hello is Not YOUR... 5
Man at Jasper in Aug 21 Jaded4 3

Dubois Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dubois Mortgages