Time-zone letters may be forged

Time-zone letters may be forged

There are 113 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Aug 28, 2007, titled Time-zone letters may be forged. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Comments submitted to the federal agency considering whether to move six southwestern Indiana counties back to the Eastern Time Zone include two letters against the move listing hundreds of apparently forged ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Ohio resident

Maineville, OH

#103 Aug 28, 2007
IndyCop wrote:
<quoted text>
I personally think that you are waaay out of your mind. DST is no problem, but if you think MOST people would be please with Central time, you're way off of your rocker.
You do not seem like a very nice person. I thought there was a thing called freedom of speech.
Marion County Resident

Redwood City, CA

#104 Aug 28, 2007
Night owl wrote:
<quoted text>
I simply replied to a football type comment, 1 and 30, comparing DST passing the legislature to football. People like you give talkback a bad name, being judgemental and jumping to conclusions to people you do not even know. This is an opinion column and you have no damned business judging other people.
It apparently went over your head on what I was trying to say. People are sick and tired of the time being brought up every year. The person I replied to said 1 in 30, that implies 30 years.
I know this person's reply was not nice, but I would not let him get to you. Just let it go, its not worth getting mad over sarcastic remarks from a reply. I agree with you that time issue gets brought up too much.
IndyCop

Lexington, KY

#105 Aug 29, 2007
To the one poster, yes, I am from the east....the East side of Indy. Still live and work there.

And c'mon Night owl.....people like me don't give talkback a bad name. I just hit on your post because it's idiotic to have Indiana on Central time. No, your comment didn't go over my head, I just chose to ignore the substance of it, because it was dumb. Have a nice day folks.

Time to go say good morning to all the folks heading to work on Super 70.:D
Marion County Resident

Indianapolis, IN

#106 Aug 29, 2007
IndyCop wrote:
To the one poster, yes, I am from the east....the East side of Indy. Still live and work there.
And c'mon Night owl.....people like me don't give talkback a bad name. I just hit on your post because it's idiotic to have Indiana on Central time. No, your comment didn't go over my head, I just chose to ignore the substance of it, because it was dumb. Have a nice day folks.
I can see why you do not like Central Time since you live in Jasper, you went through the time zone fiasco when the boundaries were changed. Anyway, as far as astronomy, all of Indiana should be on Central Time. It would be best; however, to put all of Indiana in one time zone, Eastern or Central, it makes no difference.

Indianapolis has been on Eastern with DST for two years now and I am used to it. Therefore, Eastern with DST is fine with me if the time is just left alone once your area returns to Eastern time in the fall. Once your change in your area back to Eastern, lets leave the clocks alone with all of Indiana on DST.
Night owl

Indianapolis, IN

#107 Aug 29, 2007
IndyCop wrote:
I was just ready to go to work and saw your remark.
FYI
Actually the post I replied to seemed silly (posting number 23 renbutler) so I purposely provided an absurd reply in a joking manner. Therefore, the reply was supposed to be absurd, a joke. That is why I said it went over your head since it was supposed to be a joke and you took it as serious remark that made no sense. When things are written as a joke, it can appear dumb.
IndyCop

Lexington, KY

#108 Aug 29, 2007
Understand. I know that things written as a joke, can appear dumb. I wasn't meaning to sound "harsh" towards you. And to Marion County Resident, I don't live in Jasper. I have no idea why it puts that under my name when I post things on here. I actually live in Indy on the East side of town.
Bryan

Panama City, FL

#109 Aug 29, 2007
IndyCop wrote:
Understand. I know that things written as a joke, can appear dumb. I wasn't meaning to sound "harsh" towards you. And to Marion County Resident, I don't live in Jasper. I have no idea why it puts that under my name when I post things on here. I actually live in Indy on the East side of town.
That is just your IP location. Mine says I am in CT even though I have spent my entire life in Indiana.
Night owl

Redwood City, CA

#110 Aug 29, 2007
IndyCop wrote:
I may have seemed harsh on my response the first time on posting # 100, but it appeared that I was being attacked. I am not normally do not give harsh responses, so I did not mean to be harsh.
Alan

AOL

#111 Sep 7, 2007
It just seems commonsense to put as many counties as possible on official state time.The point by 'CTers' that people will be inconvenienced equally where ever the line is drawn is completely false. The more people on CT the more people are divided off from the state as a whole and the more people will have to cross a time border to travel within Indiana.The biggest point is that CT divides the state. Just be logical.
I agree

United States

#112 Sep 8, 2007
Alan wrote:
It just seems commonsense to put as many counties as possible on official state time.The point by 'CTers' that people will be inconvenienced equally where ever the line is drawn is completely false. The more people on CT the more people are divided off from the state as a whole and the more people will have to cross a time border to travel within Indiana.The biggest point is that CT divides the state. Just be logical.
We need to try to get all of the state in one time zone or as much as possible. I prefer Central Time with DST, but I agree with you that Eastern seems to be the time most people want so lets work towards putting as much of Indiana on Eastern as possible. I am not sure you agree on the DST portion, but think Indiana needs to be on DST and be in one time zone if possible.
Bryan

Panama City, FL

#113 Sep 8, 2007
I agree wrote:
<quoted text>
We need to try to get all of the state in one time zone or as much as possible. I prefer Central Time with DST, but I agree with you that Eastern seems to be the time most people want so lets work towards putting as much of Indiana on Eastern as possible. I am not sure you agree on the DST portion, but think Indiana needs to be on DST and be in one time zone if possible.
It will never happen. And most Indiana is already on one time zone so what is your argument?
I agree

United States

#114 Sep 8, 2007
Bryan wrote:
<quoted text>
It will never happen. And most Indiana is already on one time zone so what is your argument?
There was no argument, just that I let this person that I was in concurrence with his or her view. SW Indiana saw it as a problem, why did they want to move back to Eastern? Again, I just was making a point.

The time seems to be a sensative issue for some strange reason. I guess every state has its perks, with Indiana, its the time.
Natashxx

Rochester, NY

#115 Apr 29, 2015

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dubois Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
If you think Trump is a Racist 44 min Ishouldhavebeenfa... 4
Angel Allen (Jan '16) Sat Jaded4 6
Eddie rasche (Sep '14) Aug 26 Jasper Sux Big Time 13
The guy on 3rds at Circle A Aug 26 Bawahaha 7
What Happened to Dr. Love Aug 24 Hello is Not YOUR... 5
Man at Jasper in Aug 21 Jaded4 3
looking (Jan '16) Aug 20 Friend 8

Dubois Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance