Police say $100,000 taken in robberies

When police finally caught up to Richard G. Boyle this month, they said he had already become a prolific bank robber, netting more than $100,000 in an eight-bank, four-county spree. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
tigger

United States

#1 Feb 29, 2008
Oh the poor bank robber. Lets just feel sorry for him and let him go. Sure... yeah right..lol
All that work

Fogelsville, PA

#2 Feb 29, 2008
He robbed all those banks and that's all the money he got? Wasn't worth it. Well, at least they caught him. Now he can sit in jail.Must have had a drug habit.

“Here's looking at ya!”

Since: Jul 07

AOL

#3 Feb 29, 2008
With all the bank robberies, it must be a new career choice.
The benefits it's tax free money... the down side is if you get caught you go to the state Country club...
But once again you don't have to pay for meals and lodging.
rick

United States

#4 Feb 29, 2008
$100,000.over 6 months to feed his family. They must of been eating as good as a certain lehigh valley mayor who gave himself a raise to feed "his" family. Safer to be a legal crook.
slk

Quakertown, PA

#5 Feb 29, 2008
Feed his family my *ss. He was driving away in a luxury BMW registered to his name. Sell your car to feed your family.
Tony

Johnson City, TN

#6 Feb 29, 2008
Aren't you supposed to have an escape route to get home after robbing a bank? He got lost? What a maroon!
yes

Mount Aetna, PA

#7 Feb 29, 2008
With that much money, I guess he was putting lobster tails on his family's dinner tables.
yes

Mount Aetna, PA

#8 Feb 29, 2008
Tarnished Sheba wrote:
With all the bank robberies, it must be a new career choice.
The benefits it's tax free money... the down side is if you get caught you go to the state Country club...
But once again you don't have to pay for meals and lodging.
First of all, kill the cat. Secondly, bank robbers do federal time.
ONCE AGAIN

Houston, TX

#9 Feb 29, 2008
When you get used to a 'way of life' you have to maintain it somehow. Sooner or later you will get caught. It's to bad, this is the way things are getting in our country. You will be seeing more of this with people getting laidoff from their jobs.
Mike

Williamstown, NJ

#10 Feb 29, 2008
As the economy tanks even further, I wonder how many more acts of desperation will take place?
comments

Liverpool, PA

#12 Feb 29, 2008
there is another one, who said he has mental problems that is the problems with this people, they robed and killed and so on and when they get caught they want to go to a mental hospital instead of going to jail for there crime. i wonder what race he is? Must be White. They are the one when they get caught the play mental problems.
Empty headed morons

Allentown, PA

#13 Feb 29, 2008
UBEE wrote:
I SEE NOTHING WRONG WITH HIM ROBBING BANKS..THIS GOVERNMENT TAKES, TAKES AND TAKES FROM US..
DID HE HURT ANYONE DOING IT? NO!!
DID HE ROB YOU AT YOUR HOME? NO!!
DID HE SELL YOUR KIDS DRUGS? NO!!
DID HE STEAL YOUR CAR OR RAPE YOUR WIFE? NO!!!!!
SO WHAT DID HE DO?? HE RIPPED OF A
FEDERAL INSURED BANK.. SO WHAT..
GOOD FOR HIM..
HE TOOK BACK THE MONEY THAT WAS TAKEN FROM HIM BY THE I.R.S. AND THIS MONEY GRABBING GOVERNMENT..
ANYTIME SOMEONE FU@KS THIS GOVERNMENT TO GET HIS MONEY BACK IS OK BY ME..
Hum you poor man. You really need help for thinking this way. You may think he took money from just the government but you see my money is in one of those banks and so is everyone elses money. So he took from us also. Yeah the banks are insured and the money is put back you say.
Well when that happens the banks find other ways to pay for the insured money and they pass it off onto us. So that makes this man stealing from us again.

STFU and go take your meds you jerk
Who the hell does anyone think they are when they steal from the public. They are low life scum that either don't work or are drug addicts.
Now go back to bed moron

Glad he got caught, but now the taxpayers will have to pay to keep him. They should send him to an island all alone. See if he can rob the monkeys
Empty headed morons

Allentown, PA

#14 Feb 29, 2008
comments wrote:
there is another one, who said he has mental problems that is the problems with this people, they robed and killed and so on and when they get caught they want to go to a mental hospital instead of going to jail for there crime. i wonder what race he is? Must be White. They are the one when they get caught the play mental problems.
I see your point, but unnecessary to use the race card. There are a great deal of mixed mental A.H.'s in this world
Be a Cop

Springtown, PA

#17 Feb 29, 2008
Empty headed morons wrote:
<quoted text>
Hum you poor man. You really need help for thinking this way. You may think he took money from just the government but you see my money is in one of those banks and so is everyone elses money. So he took from us also. Yeah the banks are insured and the money is put back you say.
Well when that happens the banks find other ways to pay for the insured money and they pass it off onto us. So that makes this man stealing from us again.
STFU and go take your meds you jerk
Who the hell does anyone think they are when they steal from the public. They are low life scum that either don't work or are drug addicts.
Now go back to bed moron
Glad he got caught, but now the taxpayers will have to pay to keep him. They should send him to an island all alone. See if he can rob the monkeys
For every one dollar that is stolen by bank robber, 13 dollars is stolen by bank employee insiders, which is not reported.
WOW

Princeton, NJ

#18 Feb 29, 2008
Hey no problem, right? The teller from Harleysville bank who stole over $600,000 from the inside [By the way I wonder what her bail was set at? His seems awfully high.] was just sentenced to 14-48 months. Since this is 1/6 the amount stolen shouldn't he only be looking at 2-8 months? Plus, this guy was "extremely" mentally ill. Let's see the same justice scale used in both cases...
Old enough to know better

Philadelphia, PA

#19 Feb 29, 2008
Be a Cop wrote:
<quoted text>
For every one dollar that is stolen by bank robber, 13 dollars is stolen by bank employee insiders, which is not reported.
Employees are the number one loss of money or shrink to a company and any company at that. What a shame.
Do not feel sorry PA

Warrington, PA

#20 Feb 29, 2008
How can anybody feel sorry for this schmuck. Desperation does not justify over 8 Robberies and threats to the employess. If he put his energy to finding a job, like the rest of us, there would be no story. Mental illness? I think not! What's his history? Where is "Bonnie?" He won't be 250lbs for long. Bubba will like to spoon him.
rukidding

Newark, DE

#21 Feb 29, 2008
Certainly you don't provide for your family by becoming a total criminal. Don't use that excuse. This con artist is only kidding himself. His attorney certainly doesn't think the public will believe this lame story. I wonder where the wife thought this amount of cash was coming from??? The MAC machine??? How many other people has he stiffed? Just try getting a job like the rest of us. What about the criminal charges of being a con artist in Cambria County? What happened to that? I feel sorry for the poor slobs working at the banks who were terrorized by him. I hope they aren't forgotten.

“Here's looking at ya!”

Since: Jul 07

AOL

#22 Mar 1, 2008
yes wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, kill the cat. Secondly, bank robbers do federal time.
Ahhhhh, she's my baby!
TheBlogger

Bangor, PA

#24 Mar 1, 2008
Nice Grab!

Its only illegal if you get caught...Just look at Local or Federal Government. The Shadiest of characters all hold the highest positions. Who really cares? Money is just a few keystrokes anyway? Let him be. 100k isn't a life changing amount of money anyhow..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dublin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Write in Lisa Gaier for Republican State Rep on... Oct 14 RichlandResident 6
Do you approve of Diane M. Ellis-Marseglia as C... (May '12) Oct 7 Bucks resident 2
Doctor charged with giving drug prescriptions f... (Oct '10) Oct 3 Jewell 12
Middle School Band Teacher Bridgett Szychulski ... Sep 27 todd 2
Gay-bashing suspects out on bail Sep 26 Gremlin 3
Man gets millions in suit against Grand View Ho... (Apr '07) Sep '14 pioed 20
Debate: Marijuana - Chalfont, PA (Sep '10) Sep '14 Nicole 5

Dublin News Video

Dublin Dating
Find my Match

Dublin Jobs

Dublin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Dublin News, Events & Info