created by: disappointed | Aug 30, 2010

Soperton, GA

211 votes

Urine test to get food stamps and other government funded aid?

Click on an option to vote

• Yes
  • No
Comments
1 - 20 of 38 Comments Last updated Feb 1, 2014
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dissapointed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2010

Judged:

Like most folks in this country, I have a job, I work, they pay me, and i pay my taxes. The government then distributes the funds as it see's fit. In order to receive a paycheck, in my case, i am required to pass a urine test (which i have no problem). What i do have a problem with is the distribution of my tax dollars to someone who does not have to pass a drug screen in order to receive a paycheck, hand out, assistance, or whatever it is they call it these days. Here is my question, Shouldn't one have to pass a drug screen in order to receive a welfare check since i had to pass one in order to earn it for them? PLEASE understand that i have no problem helping people who find themselves on hard times, I've been there and government assistance is a wonderful thing. I do on the other hand have a problem with someone having 5 or more children by 5 or more different men, sitting on there ass doing drugs all day, or just to lazy to work. Imagine all the extra tax dollars that would be saved every month if a urine test be provided before each check was distributed. Please excuse my spelling in some cases, I am not a perfect human being.
saakk

Mcgaheysville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2011

Judged:

drug screen to get help? really? thats a invasion of privacy. come on now grow up. im sure a lot of people will lose their food stamps because of drug screens but what people don't understand is.. their children arnt doing drugs so why make them suffer?? all it leads to is more starving children in the world. and get the heck over it u have to take a test to work and get MONEY!! duh. some people need to grow the hell up.
dayday

Mcgaheysville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2011

Judged:

yes i agree with the last post. i think it is stupid to drug test someone so their children can eat. some people have problems with drugs which means more and more people will lose their stamps which means kids will not eat. totally agreed
treu

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2011

Judged:

So its ok for the parents to spend the money they get on drug and let the kids still starve??? If they fail the test they lose the kids to the state and then some one more capable can see about the welfare of the kids and maybe end the cycle of drugs and people wanting something for nothing. Helping people that need real help is what every person should do, I volunteer many time a year and if someone needs something then I will do all I can to help. If you are hungry and on the street I will take you to eat and buy whatever you want but I will not just hand my money out to people.
dissapointed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2011

Judged:

That was my point, kentucky just passed a law that requires a urine test to receive assistance, and I hope the rest of the states follow suit. The tax dollars wasted would be reduced by the millions. If someone needs help and are willing to help themselves, then right on, help them.
GOOD TOPIC

Jesup, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2011

Judged:

I totally agree with you disappointed so well stated. For the parents that have children and work and still isn't able to make ends meet then they wouldn't mind a urine test. Then I and serval others wouldn't mind sharing OUR tax dollars to see that they are taking care of (atleast they try) but, for the ones that lay around and do nothing but live off government funds (OUR tax dollars) need to be tested b/c 50% of them either sell sell/trade them for cash or drugs, they don't use them to buy groceries for the children. Thats what makes me angry with the whole situation. There is people like me that work everyday to make ends meet and doesn't get a lick of help but yet we still have to pay OUR tax dollars to help people like them
dissapointed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2011

Judged:

That's exactly how I feel, I take one everyone I go to a shut down and between federal and state taxes, they take between 25 to 40 percent of my check for taxes, I don't mind but what I do mind is watching someone get out of a brand new car, go in piglet and buy groceries and then see them use a food stamp card to pay for it, wic is different, it's more closely regulated and is strictly for a baby or pregnant woman, our government is a joke, watching the drug dealers and there permiscuous women live like kings and queens with there ten children while I have to bust my ass to pay for it, it's just crazy. I always heard if you don't work, you don't eat
GOOD TOPIC

Jesup, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2011

Judged:

the state could save alot of money if they did
believer

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2011

if you start drug testing for f/s who will pay for that? The government, your tax dollars, who is going to monitor it? the good has to suffer with the bad, there is nothing in this ole world today that is the way it was intended to be. there are people that lie to get what they want, but the government has made it so easy for people to lie, this don't ask don't tell applys to f/s etc. the best thing going is child support enforcement going after these dead beat dads that fathers all these babies and does not take responsibility, I know of one in soperton that has 2 girls preg at the same time, yea a convicted drug felon is barred from f/s for life, but the innocent until proven guilty rule i guess would apply to this case, but if you see hungry or abused children in the street report it don't just fuss about it if you are not willing to step up and complain to the right ones
GOOD TOPIC

Jesup, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2011

Judged:

I DONT THINK IT SHOULD BE DONE EVERY MONTH OR ANYTHING BUT TO PULL RANDOM URINE TEST (WHEN THEY LEAST EXPECT IT AND NOT GIVE THEM A DAY OR 2 TO CLEAN THEIR SYSTEMS). I BELEIVE THAT IT WOULD STRAIGHTEN ALOT OF PPL UP IF THEY WERE TO THAT BC IF THEY LOVE THEIR CHILDREN THEY WOULD QUIT TO SEE THAT THEIR CHILD/CHILDREN WERE GETTING THE NEEDS THEY NEED. DONT WANNA HARM THE KIDS BUT WOULD LIKE TO SEE EVERYONES HARD WORKING TAX DOLLARS BE PUT TO GOOD USE. (SOME GET HELP AND DONT EVEN NEED IT IS WHAT IM GETTING TO) THEY CAN WORK JUST LIKE ANYONE ELSE BUT CHOOSE TO LIVE OFF GOVERNMENT FUNDS BC THEY ARE TOO LAZY WORK. I SEE IT DONE EVERYDAY. THIS MAKES IT HARDER FOR THE ELDERLY TO GET HELP BC THE YOUNGER ONES ARE GETTING IT ALL
ohoopee

Soperton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2011

WIC is abused too. Our govt has become a support system. It was designed to give order, provide freedom, and protect rights. Now it's the enabler. Heaven forbid anyone feel uncomfortable or do without.
Jeffrey Warenyk

Ormond Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2011

It's all good drug testing and I do agree with it but in the same since we are getting ready to waste more money on drug testing at $25.00 each test and how many are going to be positive that were just going to be throwing the money down the drain.
Atlanta Housewife

Temple, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2011

Where i live they sell there food stamp card for drugs. Now how are they feeding their kids.
But

Soperton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2011

Jeffrey Warenyk wrote:
It's all good drug testing and I do agree with it but in the same since we are getting ready to waste more money on drug testing at $25.00 each test and how many are going to be positive that were just going to be throwing the money down the drain.
You are right,but if it were done and enforced it would save millions because a lot are gonna be positive.
starsun

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2011

Judged:

I work as a cashier in a grocery store and believe me when you see a guy with his girl, and putty things he wants and no kids now that's wrong. Then at the end of the order you see a 24pk of beer and has money for his beer oh lets not forget the cigarettes, now that's a wast of government money.
just answering

Rebecca, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2011

Atlanta Housewife, I agree with you. If people are doing drugs, kids get left out all the way around. These people sell their stamps to buy the drugs, cigarettes and alcohol of their choice. I realize the kids are not responsible for what their parents do, but they would be better house, fed, educated and clothed elsewhere if their parents don't care for seeing about them.
Charles Walker

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2011

The only people against drug testing for welfare, are the people who have something to hide.
yep i agree

Athens, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2011

I agree with urine test. IF you have nothing to hide why be ashamed of a urine test. I would rather our tax dollars go to urine test than to help a drug head. I no ppl need help but they don't deserve it if all they do is drugs. If the parents do drugs all they do is sell thier food stamps to get money and the wellfair check goes to drugs, so the kids loose any way. If they fail a test take the kids for a certain length of time and the govt help they are getting, Latter pop another test on them and if they pass give them another chance.
polly

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2011

dayday wrote:
yes i agree with the last post. i think it is stupid to drug test someone so their children can eat. some people have problems with drugs which means more and more people will lose their stamps which means kids will not eat. totally agreed
if one spends money on durgs they donmt need food stamps
polly

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2011

if one spends money on drugs , thats alot of money spent just like cigeretts thats like rolling the 38.00 a week thats 152.00 a month, and take a lighter and watch it burn, how stupid is that , how much food you could be buying with that, insted of getting food stamps. i truley dont know how much more but i know its got to be twice the a mount at least for durgs. thats at least 300 .00 you could be spending on food why should the govermaent pay you 300. to 500.00 on food stamps and you take yopur money and buy drugs thats the govement is enabling you to keep you on drugs . oh right you work for that or stole that to sell that someone else worked hard to get for , you dont care as long as you get what you want. ha
yes do the test and pay for the test or at least half of it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dublin Discussions

Search the Dublin Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 7 min General Robert E Lee 50,221
prostitute from florida?? Jul 28 Jess1975 8
Robyn jones Jul 28 Veronica Jones 2
the grass on sides of the road is 6ft tall Jul 25 JackSlack 2
Glenn Littleton Jul 25 I want that 6
Teen Challenge Exposed! (Jun '07) Jul 21 Garrett 43
Bi str8 curious gay down low Jul 20 Tys 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Dublin Jobs

•••