JLB

Grayson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2008

Anyone know of anything good or bad about this place? Thinking of sending our son there.
Best Friend

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

JLB wrote:
Anyone know of anything good or bad about this place? Thinking of sending our son there.
I have a friend who's son was their and it really did him some good. They have approx. 70 young men in there. Some are Mayors, Farmers and Lawyers sons. Also I know the Security person. He was a resident and they change him and latter offer him a job.
A loyal fan

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

JLB wrote:
I don't know anything about that, but HAVEN OF REST in South Carolina is about the best you can do.
Teddy Kennedy

Soperton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

Is this the place that's "run" by Brother Kea?
waiting

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

to teddy kennedy, Yes he runs it. It is a christian based rehab.
Teddy Kennedy

Soperton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

Apparently it has changed since the health dept. checked up on it a couple of years ago.
Coffee Drinker

Soperton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

waiting wrote:
to teddy kennedy, Yes he runs it. It is a christian based rehab.
Yes, it is supposedly run on "Christian Based Rehab" by "Brother Kea." Located on the interstate with 2 beer stores just across the bridge. There were health department issues a while back. The place was shut down due to the lack of proper septic tanks.

Do some serious checking into that place. I would ask the local Sheriff's departments in Laurens and Treutlen about it.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2008

Teddy Kennedy wrote:
Is this the place that's "run" by Brother Kea?
He's the pastor there.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2008

Rev. Kea is the pastor there.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2008

Thanks, I will check into the Treutlen Health Dept. about it as well as the Sheriff's Dept.'s about it.
Teddy Kennedy

Soperton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2008

Coffee Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it is supposedly run on "Christian Based Rehab" by "Brother Kea." Located on the interstate with 2 beer stores just across the bridge. There were health department issues a while back. The place was shut down due to the lack of proper septic tanks.
Do some serious checking into that place. I would ask the local Sheriff's departments in Laurens and Treutlen about it.
You're right. It had no septic tank, and the waste matter from the residents was running into a pond. FYI: They also had weekly fish fries!
waiting

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2008

The septic tank problem was corrected. It was reproted and Mr. Kea was fined a large amount per day until it was corrected. It is my understanding it had been corrected. You can contact the Magistrate Court and speak to Judge Hudson . That is the court where the health department filed papers.
Teddy Kennedy

Soperton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2008

I would certainly check before sending a loved one there.
Reality

Soperton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2008

If this is for a substance abuse/alcohol problem, the best long-term treatment in Southeastern U.S. is TROSA in North Carolina.

http://www.trosainc.org
D Gaskins

Orange Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2008

Judged:

I happen to know first hand about The Christian Family Center. Rev. Roert Kea is my mother's brother. He has the heart for people who's lives have been ruined by alcohol, drugs and multiple problems. They make no money off of it. They just try to help those who need it.
As far as places that sell beer near there does anyone really think the Family Christian Center has control over that? Really.......
I live in Jacksonille Florida, I've seen and heard much worse.
If my son needed help that is the FIRST place Iwould take him. By the way some of the people that are in the program had a choice from some of the Judges in the local system. Christian Family Center or Jail. Where would you want your son to go to?
Teddy Kennedy

Soperton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2008

If he makes no money off of it, then how does he make a living?
D Gaskins

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2008

Judged:

If you really want to know that answer just check on how much they charge for someone to enter the program and stay there.I know what those #'s are. He started Pastoring before I was born and I am now a grandmother. He NEVER wasted money ..period. What is it that you have against him? I know him personally. Just curious, can you say that?
Christian Family Center

Grayson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2008

How about any of the others that run the place? How are they?
How are the facilities?
Coffee Drinker

Soperton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2008

Judged:

D Gaskins wrote:
I happen to know first hand about The Christian Family Center. Rev. Roert Kea is my mother's brother. He has the heart for people who's lives have been ruined by alcohol, drugs and multiple problems. They make no money off of it. They just try to help those who need it.
As far as places that sell beer near there does anyone really think the Family Christian Center has control over that? Really.......
If my son needed help that is the FIRST place Iwould take him. By the way some of the people that are in the program had a choice from some of the Judges in the local system. Christian Family Center or Jail. Where would you want your son to go to?
It is common knowledge around this area that the CFC is NOT a workable option instead of jail. Most local people view it as a farce.
Mountain man

Soperton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2008

Judged:

D Gaskins wrote:
I heard that.........its not a place most people would want their loved ones to go when in need of addiction treatment. There are much better places to go..........

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of148
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Dublin Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Dublin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••