Duarte doctor arrested for alleged dr...

Duarte doctor arrested for alleged drug dealing

There are 1170 comments on the Pasadena Star-News story from Feb 10, 2009, titled Duarte doctor arrested for alleged drug dealing. In it, Pasadena Star-News reports that:

Federal drug agents Tuesday arrested a Duarte physician accused in a criminal complaint of essentially using his practice as a drug-dealing operation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pasadena Star-News.

Changed name

Chino Hills, CA

#1081 Jul 11, 2009
Former Patient 46 wrote:
<quoted text>
addicted, i am really struggling with sobriety, i need help. are you willing to talk 1 on 1?
My heart started beating so fast when I read this. i think the advise Addicted is giving you is the right choice. You are both babes on your road to recovery and need someone with lots of experience under their belt. Run don't walk call your nearest support group... Please, read your testimony of your experience of getting off the opiates and call whoever you need to
Addicted Patient

Riverside, CA

#1082 Jul 12, 2009
Changed name wrote:
<quoted text>
My heart started beating so fast when I read this. i think the advise Addicted is giving you is the right choice. You are both babes on your road to recovery and need someone with lots of experience under their belt. Run don't walk call your nearest support group... Please, read your testimony of your experience of getting off the opiates and call whoever you need to
Is there any more info available on other employees possibly being indicted? I know that was mentioned at one point. Any other loose ends you or any other readers out there can comment on at this point?
Changed name

Chino Hills, CA

#1083 Jul 12, 2009
My girlfriend had read somewhere that Alma was indicted but to tell you the truth, I forget about her and since its three separate cases...I forget to ask. I will try to remember and let you know. I believe the other Dr. from Mexico is in for five plus years but again that was in all the papers, which you may have read.
Addicted Patient

Riverside, CA

#1084 Jul 13, 2009
Changed name wrote:
My girlfriend had read somewhere that Alma was indicted but to tell you the truth, I forget about her and since its three separate cases...I forget to ask. I will try to remember and let you know. I believe the other Dr. from Mexico is in for five plus years but again that was in all the papers, which you may have read.
I haven't read anything on Alma, I mostly get my news via internet. What was Alma's last name? I can search the info. Thank you!
Changed name

Chino Hills, CA

#1085 Jul 16, 2009
Former Patient 46 wrote:
<quoted text>
addicted, i am really struggling with sobriety, i need help. are you willing to talk 1 on 1?
How are you doing?
aojadsnldj

Chino Hills, CA

#1087 Sep 27, 2009
Name:HEALY, Daniel, MD
City, State:Arcadia, CA
Date of Arrest:2/10/2009
Date of Conviction:7/6/2009
Judicial Status:Pled Guilty
Conviction:Possession with intent to distribute and dispense a controlled substance
DEA Registration:Currently Under Review
Remarks:
Daniel Healy, MD, age 53, of Arcadia, CA, pled guilty to one count possession with the intent to distribute and dispense a controlled substance.
According to court documents, between February 2008 and February 2009, Healy knowingly and intentionally distributed opycodone and hydrocodone, both of which are controlled substances, to individuals in Los Angeles County. Specifically, on February 9, 2009, Healy knowingly and intentionally distributed approximately 100 pills, each containing a detectable amount of oxycodone to an individual. In distributing the oxycodone, Healy acted outside the usual course of professional practice and without a legitimate medical purpose.
Healy is currently awaiting sentencing.
Addicted Patient

South Pasadena, CA

#1088 Dec 11, 2009
I haven't heard anything on Healy's sentencing... Wasn't this supposed to occur this past Monday or Tuesday?
Bruce

Azusa, CA

#1089 Dec 11, 2009
Dr. Healy is a great doctor and these charges are a ridiculous witch hunt.
aojadsnldj

Wahiawa, HI

#1090 Dec 13, 2009
Addicted Patient wrote:
I haven't heard anything on Healy's sentencing... Wasn't this supposed to occur this past Monday or Tuesday?
Postponed again.... Look for it to happen in February, I think on the 8th. But don't expect true justice the courts seem to have a soft spot for drug dealers with a medical license. I was in court watching his partner in crime soil his pants and begging for mercy and the judge (83 year old Manuel Real) gave him only 8 month in federal prison plus probation. Unbelievable considering he admittedly sold pills to someone in the parking lot of Circuit City on several occasions. And if I heard correctly he also was caught selling pills out the back door. He will start serving his sentence Jan 10th. So one down and now only the mastermind to go. By the way in case some haven't heard Dr. Healy already admitted that he sold drugs for no other reason than to make money. Witch Hunt????? Please get a clue.
Sandy

AOL

#1091 Dec 15, 2009
aojadsnldj, where did you find the info as to the court and date?

Thanks
no one

Azusa, CA

#1092 Dec 16, 2009
What about Alma..no sentencing for her??
aojadsnldj

Wahiawa, HI

#1093 Dec 16, 2009
Alma was referred to at the trial by both attorneys as the non-indicted. As far as the sentencing date for the kind-care Dr. I asked, and I also check the judges calendar.
no one

Azusa, CA

#1094 Dec 18, 2009
thank you for you info. aojadsnldj..sorry Alma is no indicted, she is the master mind of all...sorry to hear..
Addicted Patient

South Pasadena, CA

#1095 Dec 19, 2009
no one wrote:
thank you for you info. aojadsnldj..sorry Alma is no indicted, she is the master mind of all...sorry to hear..
Healy was pulling this crap long before Alma was in the picture. This has been going on since the early 1990's AT LEAST. The responsibility goes on EACH individual who took part, I'm an addict, I understand this now as truth.
aojadsnldj

Wahiawa, HI

#1096 Dec 19, 2009
no one wrote:
Well I hate to burst your bubble but sitting in the court room and hearing who was doing what, I'm positive the guy you seem to think is not as guilty is the mastermind. You should try to attend Healys sentencing. You will be amazed of what he was doing. By the way I saw someone taking down the good doctors name of the building today.
personwithtruth

United States

#1097 Jan 4, 2010
aojadsnldj wrote:
<quoted text> Postponed again.... Look for it to happen in February, I think on the 8th. But don't expect true justice the courts seem to have a soft spot for drug dealers with a medical license. I was in court watching his partner in crime soil his pants and begging for mercy and the judge (83 year old Manuel Real) gave him only 8 month in federal prison plus probation. Unbelievable considering he admittedly sold pills to someone in the parking lot of Circuit City on several occasions. And if I heard correctly he also was caught selling pills out the back door. He will start serving his sentence Jan 10th. So one down and now only the mastermind to go. By the way in case some haven't heard Dr. Healy already admitted that he sold drugs for no other reason than to make money. Witch Hunt????? Please get a clue.
Please get your facts straight, he was NOT selling out the back door, that reference was to Dr. Healy in court. Alma was referred to as a "non-indicted co-conspirator". The judge appeared to be frustrated that she was not part of the indictment.
aojadsnldj

Wahiawa, HI

#1098 Jan 4, 2010
I stand corrected!! And I hope that selling drugs out the back door is attributed to Dr. Healy.
RehabNurse

La Jolla, CA

#1099 Jan 5, 2010
I just would like for everyone to take a step back for a moment and reflect on their own choices and decisions in life. Dr.Healy has admitted to his own guilt and will be delt with according to the law and justice system. We all need to remember, he has a family who is hurting and suffering emotionally and they could all use our prayers right now, as do all the patients and family members involved in Dr.Healy's dealings. Any addict in recovery knows that the keys to sobriety rest in their OWN hands,not through a personal vendetta on another human- who has admitted his wrong doings. Thru FEARLESS inventory can we come to realize the degree of our addiction which is a DISEASE. Fearless is the key word here, and we need to be able to hold ourselves accountable for our part in the addiction cycle- and stop blaming others. Dr.Healy has suffered, and I know he will continue to do so for the rest of his life. I really think a possible court ordered in-patient drug treatment program may benefit not only Dr.Healy but those whos lives he has touched. Either way- negativity will only breed if you continue to feed it. Lets move on, one day at a time.
aojadsnldj

Wahiawa, HI

#1100 Jan 5, 2010
No, Dr. Healy has received preferential treatment. If anyone else that is not a doctor had sold the amounts of drugs that the dr sold, he/she would never have been allowed the plea bargain he got, 1 out of 17 counts.. It's about real justice. Are we not all equal under the law. This dr left a tremendous trail of devastation behind him. So are we not supposed to want him to suffer as if it was the common folk. This man because of his greed destroyed life's..families.. relationships. To quote you" We all need to remember that all of the people he damaged had families also who went through hell and back because of his GREED". What about them? or are they not worthy of having love, peace and joy...So should we feel sorry for him or his family. Please.. Thats what I found so comical in Alvaro Rosales pleas to the judge , that he should have mercy on him because he has a young boy and that it would be a tragedy if he was sentenced to prison. He was very lucky. That old fart of a judge removed 16 month of prison for no reason at all.
RehabNurse

La Jolla, CA

#1101 Jan 5, 2010
Aojadsnldj....I am sorry for the pain and suffering you and or your loved ones obviously have endured at the hands of Dr.Healy. Understand, I am not making excuses for his behavior nor am I supporting his actions. I am know countless people have gone through HELL and back...suffering from addiction. When this trial is all said and done, and the anger and resentment run dry...the endless pit of addiction will be left FILLED with need- and those who give in will run to anyone or anywhere to curb its hunger. It WILL be the next Doctor down the street, or kid who stole meds from their parents supply, or eventually the Heroin dealer who can give them the fix for less. Dr.Healy is not a martyr nor is he innocent. He is a man who has made mistakes- as we all have. "Let he whom stand before me blameless cast the first stone". Let Dr.Healy be judged both here and by our higher power. Please, lets focus our energy on recovery and rebuilding the damage.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Duarte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Montebello Budget 6 hr bottom line 7
Taylor coming back to be police chief 8 hr Pucker Time 1
News Girl who came to U.S. illegally can't get loans (May '10) 11 hr Patrick 3,254
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 23 hr Short pharts 32,919
News State to close Chino youth authority facility (Aug '09) Wed Holscad 35
News SoCal Armenians recalling somber events of 1915... Wed montebello bilko 1
Ctime Wed John doe 1

Duarte Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Duarte Mortgages