Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Jun 10, 2012
Christopher, IL

#1 Jun 9, 2012
A newspaper ad appeared in this week's DuQuoin Evening Call (Tuesday, June 5). The oh-so-sad story of a man whose father's supposed deathbed wish was for a certain diamond ring to be passed on to his grandson. It was lost at the DuQuoin flea market, and this poor man just wants it back to fulfill his dying father's wish of passing it on to the right person.(Cue the violin here.)

Real story: Several years ago, the man (long before he was ill), let's call him Lec, said the ring was to go to his great-grandson. After the funeral, Lec's son, let's call him Jim Foutch, brought the ring directly to that great grandson. Jim's jealous brother, let's call him Charles, declared the ring was supposed to be his, took it from his young grandson's home, and yes...has worn it everywhere for years. It was never Lec's intention for his son, Charles to wear the ring at all. He specifically said it should bypass Charles and go to the great-grandson. But, to some narcissistic, self-centered, emotionally stunted people, THINGS are so much more important than people or feelings. To some people, WHAT they will get when someone dies is far more important than building relationships with the living. It's really a very sad outlook on life. For that reason, the family did not fight Charles for the ring...they just let him enjoy the shallow rewards of flashing a diamond ring that was not rightfully his. We ALL hope that he enjoyed it while he had it.

Now he lost it at a flea market...karma, God's will, what goes around comes around...take your pick, because they all fit this situation! Even if it is returned to him, the family all hopes it brings him as much happiness as he deserves, and that he gets as much in return as he has given. Things have a way of working out evenly in the end, don't they?
dare

United States

#2 Jun 9, 2012
My first thought when i read the story was that its probably a bs story, i figured it would have been some hopeless mans wedding ring thats now divorced.. but i was at least correct on the story being false.
Not Shocked

United States

#3 Jun 10, 2012
I have always been told stories about the son doing bad things. I know when I was around Lec (good guy), He always said his son needed his nose broke. I hope if the ring is ever found, that it is returned to the correct person.
Connie

Christopher, IL

#4 Jun 10, 2012
I know the guy who lost the ring. Not surprised at all by this. Real piece of work!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Du Quoin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Travis 15 min Kisses 1
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 49 min Jonah1 49,460
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) Sun Corrupt Democrats 1,908
Laura Aug 29 Yoo 2
Danielle Vanzandt Aug 28 Shari 3
Any haunting history in Royalton? (Oct '13) Aug 28 novaman 4
lilly henderson Aug 26 courious parent 1
•••
•••
•••

Du Quoin Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••