What Was Michael Baker Like?

What Was Michael Baker Like?

Posted in the Dry Ridge Forum

Just Wondering

Louisville, KY

#1 Aug 11, 2011
It's hard to believe that someone was MURDERED in Dry Ridge. I was wondering about the victim. I grew up in the area and I don't know him or remember him. The news outlets aren't releasing any information about the suspects - the horrible people who did this to him and took a 30 year old man from his wife and his children.

So, what do you know about him (Michael Baker), and what do you know about the guys who did this to him. I've already heard one name on here - but didn't have any idea of who the guy was. His name was John Carrara? Something like that. I heard there were 2 suspects - don't have a name of the other one.

Anyone have any idea why this horrible thing happened to this poor man and his (I'm sure) devastated family? Was it a robbery? Jealousy? What was their motive? Anyone know anything? Like I said, the news isn't saying ANYTHING. I saw on Jailtracker that J. Carrara is currently being held at the Grant County Detention Center - but it wasn't for anything even close to murder - not even assault... If it was him - thank God he's off the street.

I'm praying for the family, I didn't know Mr. Baker, but I'm so sorry for the loss that his family has suffered. Keeping them in my thoughts and prayers. I still have lots of family in Dry Ridge. It is so hard to even imagine something like this happening there. I hope they put these guys away forever! I can't imagine how it would feel to have your husband and father MURDERED in cold blood.
countrygal

Columbus, OH

#2 Aug 11, 2011
nobody know the truth accept the 2 suspects jeremy jones and john carrara, there are many diff stories as to why mike baker is no longer alive, the one that is the most popular is that he was being robbed by the two they had heard from john sister that he had a large lmp sum of money on him... most likely put up a fight to get away... was beaten to death then threw into a ditch to suffer and die or maybe he was already dead?? however hwy 22 is the same road jeremy jones resides on that could possibly be put into play also. but the only ppl who know the truth are john jeremy and the woman they told what they did, who later reported it to the police. hopefully after the autopsy and some interigation to the suspects the answer will come.
CountyGirl

Louisville, KY

#3 Aug 11, 2011
According to the paper one of the lies they told was they came to Locust Ridge to buy 10 dollar pills. Everyone knows anyone there would charge 12.
Angiewfromcovky

United States

#4 Aug 14, 2011
I knew mike he was a great person,loved by meny,wonderful father,son,brother,grandson,co usin and friend.he came from a very loving family some that would gladly meet the people in hell that did this to mike all I can say is jail is the safest place for All involved cause someones going to get even ;)
justsomeonethatk newhim

Cincinnati, OH

#5 Aug 14, 2011
I know mike a bit. Not too well, but well enough. He was a good guy that did all he did to provide for his family. The papers have run articles calling him this and that, and some of which may be true. But it was all in order to do what he had to, to take care of his. His children never went without. He was a real friendly person. Always making it a point to say hello or strike a conversation, didnt matter who with, just to talk. And he was funny. Always teasing. Sometimes you had to give it a minute to see if he was serious or not. Stories have flipped back and forth between people that were around him that night as to what happened. When the time comes for a trial, I believe at least one of them will flip their facts one more time, causing them to be found guilty. The stories about the money, Im sure he had a large sum. But with him he only took enough to get a pack of cigarettes from what i understand. This man was killed for $5???? really?? Mike was a good guy and i liked him a lot. It troubles me a lot that this happened and I wish it hadn't. Mike didnt deserve this. Shannon didnt deserve this... but most of all.... zavier and kylie didnt deserve this. And i believe that breaks my heart the most. But you asked about Mike, and i've told you what i know. And i do know, He will be terribly missed by many people, I included. Whether a friend or an aquaintance... people will feel this loss.
The truth

Louisville, KY

#6 Aug 18, 2011
Mike was a drug dealer. Plain and simple but that is no excuse for him to be murdered. He let drug addicts live with him and rip people off and the people that were ripped of anted their money back and decided that the only way to get it back was to take it from him. He was one of those guys that like to count and show off wads of money in front of people. It's one of those things that happen out of revenge. Unfortuneately it was the wrong guy. He was a little guy that was terrified of taking a hit so it seems so wrong to pick this kid out. He had extremelylow self-esteem and like to throw around money and drugs to attract friends (the wrong kind). He was a wife beater and child abuser but still does not justify why his murder will be classified as another drug dealer off the street. He took a prostitute off the streets and married her to have another child abuser be his childrens mother. He raised not knowing any better. He was just a kid who was not taught the importance of going to work and earning a paycheck. Now a hooker will end up with his autistic child and everything he owns (even though he had an epo against her including the children. Oh well someone had to take over the drug dealing business. It's just a shame no one will take the kids and ive them a good family and Mike lived a life that people will remember him as a drug dealing thief. VARY SAD!!!!
truth hurts

Louisville, KY

#7 Aug 20, 2011
drug dealing wife beater. That hot ass bitch of his with all the meth scars is the only thing worth hookinf up 3ith. just turn off thr lights and dont feel around, great head thou. Pour dude had no idea what he was getting his self into. Just shoot the bitch up andshel be ur wife to.
family n freind

United States

#8 Aug 24, 2011
Look u some of you wouldn't know the truth if it smacked u in the face no he wasn't an angle n yeah he made mistakes but u tell me tht none of u out there hasn't ever did something you were not suppose to do but did it anyway so what wait till u r Gone off this eArth an strat talking sh** bout u all god forgave him and his in heaven but you all better strat asking now for it cause u r talking about shit you don't know and as far as his wife n him beating them kids I know they didn't I seen them everyday an social workers were in their home cause zaxier real mom was trying to come back in his life and tht woman shouldn't even raise an dog. But ur going to talk about 2 people I know tht loves him in so many ways n showed it to him
friend

Middlesboro, KY

#10 Jan 17, 2012
i grew up with michael from the age of 7 years old untill we were 12 years old in bromley ky. we were great friends at this time. i havent seen or heard from him since we were 15 years old. this is very sad and i just cant beleive that someone could do this to him. my thoughts and prayers are with his mother mary and his wife and kids!
Really

Lexington, KY

#11 May 20, 2012
The "hooker" you're talking about is Shannon who, mind you, is not a fucking hooker. Shannon has her issues, just as we all do. Selling ass wasn't one of them. Her scars aren't from Meth and when it comes to those kids, they are Shannon's everything. She is the only Mom Zav has ever know and every time he progressed she was a proud mama. She has done everything in her power to make sure Zav had every opportunity that she could give him. When Mike passed, Shannon deserved her children. Do you have any idea what it would've done to Zav to take him from his Mom??? Blood doesn't make family, love does and nobody loves that boy as much as his mommy does. I know Shannon,personally know her and anyone on here running there mouth knows this is the only way you can do it so she don't snatch you up.
KYCountryGirl

Louisville, KY

#12 May 20, 2012
Really wrote:
The "hooker" you're talking about is Shannon who, mind you, is not a fucking hooker. Shannon has her issues, just as we all do. Selling ass wasn't one of them. Her scars aren't from Meth and when it comes to those kids, they are Shannon's everything. She is the only Mom Zav has ever know and every time he progressed she was a proud mama. She has done everything in her power to make sure Zav had every opportunity that she could give him. When Mike passed, Shannon deserved her children. Do you have any idea what it would've done to Zav to take him from his Mom??? Blood doesn't make family, love does and nobody loves that boy as much as his mommy does. I know Shannon,personally know her and anyone on here running there mouth knows this is the only way you can do it so she don't snatch you up.
Sad hope they get what they deserve for doing this. I have heard a lot of bad stuff about Shannon. I don't know her so it's not for me to say. I know how this town likes to talk mad shit, and besides the people talking shit don't have no right to judge ANYONE. Only God can judge us. Shannon can do whatever she wants, she's a damn grown woman so get out of her business people. I really hope she wouldn't be mean to those kids.
mitchell labare

Cincinnati, OH

#13 Sep 29, 2012
i grew up with mike me and him were pretty good friends had lots of good times but as most people do we just grew apart he was a good man had his demons but who doesnt he was a great dad and shouldnt of die this way i just hope his kids are ok and they know there dad loved them ....
curious

Hamilton, OH

#14 Sep 29, 2012
so what ever happened to the guys who did this to him? did they get charged or what?
Family

Louisville, KY

#15 Dec 9, 2012
nothing happen to the 3 people who did this To mike,I pray they will get what they deserve.Mike was a awesome father an great friend.He will forever be in our hearts an always on our mind. Mike an I have a beautiful daughter an thanks to the ones responsable for his death they have really messed with her feelings an her mind...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dry Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hillary Clinton to visit Northern Kentucky on S... May 21 Jennifer 4
dana (Jul '15) May 17 Sorry 5
fake bitch May 17 amanda 14
Fort Mitchell Music Thread (Jun '12) May 14 Musikologist 15
Anyone know Vickie Cheeks or Donnie Hamilton (Jun '10) May 14 not scared vic 7
Guardian Management May 13 Wessels Development 1
Who? May 10 Confused 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dry Ridge Mortgages