Dry Prong Police Chief
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
lovelycitizen

Alexandria, LA

#21 Feb 22, 2012
Sounds like you both should slow down!(my opinion).
lovelycitizen

Alexandria, LA

#22 Feb 22, 2012
sounds like you both need to slow down (opinion) or you will both continue to get speeding citations (fact).
lovelycitizen

Alexandria, LA

#23 Feb 22, 2012
don't know where that post has been for the last hour but it just decided to show up now. good luck with your law degree and your baby on the way.
Inside Dry Prong

United States

#24 Feb 22, 2012
tired_of_DP wrote:
For all you lovely citizens of Dry Prong: I am forced to drive through town occasionally when I am traveling and I would like to know when the town of DP will get a "police chief" that's not such a fat, disgusting, incompetent, lazy slob :) DP is nothing but a speed trap. I got ticketed a while back for BARELY speeding and my ticket was over $200. Every time I drive through there is the same guy sitting in the same place for hours on end. DP is notorious for tickets...of which mostly do not get reported to the state. Where is all of this money going? It certainly isn't going to the development of Dry Prong. If tickets are that expensive I AT LEAST expect there to be no pot holes and bumps when I drive through or the town not to look like some run down ghetto. What a total manipulation of the system. The officer also wrote the wrong citation on my ticket...thus proving his absolute stupidity. I would feel bad if a REAL crime happened in DP and was left to your over-weight slob of a police chief.
Look I dont know you and you dont know me. I DO however think before I speak, because unlike you I know words can hurt and upset people and once they are said CANNOT be taken back. So before you
get on the internet for all the world to see and do a little rant.
THINK
Because this man has a family who has read your hate and despite what you said about him He IS a good person. So no matter how educated you are there were some foul and ugly words that came from your heart.
So please for the benefit of us all Think before you speak.
LA Tech Student

Austin, TX

#25 Mar 13, 2012
Hi everybody! Bryan here from way out in Austin, Texas! I got a ticket in Dry Prong (aptly named) way back in 1982 when I was a student of Louisiana Tech and worked summers in New Orleans. I have no memory of your sleepy little town except the following: as I passed through town, the sign at the north end of town said 55 with nothing but farmland on the horizon, so I accellerated up to 55 over the next 100 feet or so, but your nice police officer was parked behind some bushes and trees and pulled out and gave me a ticket because I was doing 55 in a 45 "before you got to the sign". He said I could pay now in cash at the station (no out of town checks accepted)or see the judge in the morning and be their guest at the jail that night. Guess which option I chose? So FU Dry Prong and FU Louisiana. I make $120,000/yr. and pay my taxes to the great state of TEXAS, and you helped make my choice of where to live a lot easier, you bunch of backward-ass theives!!!!
jesse

Pineville, LA

#26 Mar 13, 2012
LA Tech Student wrote:
Hi everybody! Bryan here from way out in Austin, Texas! I got a ticket in Dry Prong (aptly named) way back in 1982 when I was a student of Louisiana Tech and worked summers in New Orleans. I have no memory of your sleepy little town except the following: as I passed through town, the sign at the north end of town said 55 with nothing but farmland on the horizon, so I accellerated up to 55 over the next 100 feet or so, but your nice police officer was parked behind some bushes and trees and pulled out and gave me a ticket because I was doing 55 in a 45 "before you got to the sign". He said I could pay now in cash at the station (no out of town checks accepted)or see the judge in the morning and be their guest at the jail that night. Guess which option I chose? So FU Dry Prong and FU Louisiana. I make $120,000/yr. and pay my taxes to the great state of TEXAS, and you helped make my choice of where to live a lot easier, you bunch of backward-ass theives!!!!
Hi Bryan!!!I don't know what town you were in but I can promise you that you did not see farmland on the horizon from Dry Prong!! National Forest, yes, farmland no. It was more than likely a different officer in 1982, just guessing since that was 30 yrs ago. And it's so nice to see that a former Tech student (degree or just attended?) learned such wonderful vocabulary in college. Sounds to me like Louisiana won on this deal.
LA Tech Student

Austin, TX

#27 Mar 21, 2012
jesse wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Bryan!!!I don't know what town you were in but I can promise you that you did not see farmland on the horizon from Dry Prong!! National Forest, yes, farmland no. It was more than likely a different officer in 1982, just guessing since that was 30 yrs ago. And it's so nice to see that a former Tech student (degree or just attended?) learned such wonderful vocabulary in college. Sounds to me like Louisiana won on this deal.
jesse - You must be an educator to be so interested in proper grammar, when the topic of this forum is clearly the abuse of power that the sheriff's office of Dry Prong (sorry, I chuckle every time I type the name of the city) has been exercising for well over 30 years now. Check out speed trap sites online and you'll see what I mean. I did get a Bachelors degree in Architecture by the way, but that's not all that relevant either with the topic at hand, is it? I was just a poor student passing thru town trying to earn my way thru college. Was my grammar okay with you this time around?
observer

Vidalia, LA

#28 Mar 21, 2012
LA Tech Student...I believe you may have missed the part where Jesse was saying that you did not remember everything correctly about the day you were stopped for speeding. There is no farmland to the north or south of Dry Prong...never has been. Soooo... maybe you don't remember other things about that day as well. BTW...there was no 'station'...judge...or jail in DP in 1982...still isn't.
LA Tech Student

Austin, TX

#29 Mar 21, 2012
observer wrote:
LA Tech Student...I believe you may have missed the part where Jesse was saying that you did not remember everything correctly about the day you were stopped for speeding. There is no farmland to the north or south of Dry Prong...never has been. Soooo... maybe you don't remember other things about that day as well. BTW...there was no 'station'...judge...or jail in DP in 1982...still isn't.
Farmland vs. trees, station vs. wherever it was they took my money. Neither of you seem to be too interested in the fact that Dry Prong is known for one thing and one thing only? I guess not and you're welcome to it. Bye.
jesse

Pineville, LA

#30 Mar 21, 2012
LA tech student, I am going to type this slowly for you this time so maybe you can keep up. I commented on your vocabulary not your grammar. You are evidently approx 48-50 yrs old and yet you have the VOCABULARY of a high school kid trying to say Fu every chance he gets.
As far as checking out the speedtrap online, that's nothing but a bunch of whining people like yourself that broke the law, got caught and is still crying about it 30 yrs. later. Police officers are in a no win situation, if they write the speeders they are criticized and if they don't write them they are criticized for not doing their jobs.
There is no "abuse of power" by the police dept of Dry Prong. There is a man doing the job he is paid to do. So stay in Texas, the great state of LOUISIANA is far better off without you.
LA Tech Student

Austin, TX

#31 Mar 22, 2012
jesse -

Signs that you are an unsuccessful internet troll:
*Your victim identifying you as a troll.
*You are someone with nothing worthwhile to add to a certain conversation or change the subject to personal attacks.
*Your efforts being ignored.

You just scored 3/3. You are an internet troll. Bye bye dear.
Betty Lou Martin- Jones

Pineville, LA

#32 Apr 13, 2012
I was driving in DP and got stopped by police. I am a state official who checks daycares. I was on my way to Winnfield to check a new daycare. He was very nice to me and I did not get a ticket. He stopped me becasue my right tail light stayed on. I really appreciated that.
working foster mother

Pineville, LA

#33 Apr 14, 2012
Colfax Police Chief wrote:
I heard he is doing well over there. We need to bring him to DP.
Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP)
CCAP helps low-income families pay for child care while working or attending school or training. Monthly payments are based on the number of hours the parents work or attend school, as well as the amount charged by the child care provider, family size and household income. Parents can select any Class A child care center
school-based before and after school program, licensed child care center determined by the department of defense, registered family child day care home or in-home provider active in the CCAP provider directory. Call 1-888-524-3578 or local Class A daycare in your area.
Nodameen

AOL

#34 Apr 18, 2012
The bottom line is that Dry Prong depends on speeding fines to exist. No speeders...somebody gets laid off. That in itself explains why a mph or two over the speed limit is treated like some horrible crime.
Hard working folk lose a week's pay for a couple of mph over an unreasonably low speed limit.
Is that offense worthy of a $200 fine? I think not.
Speed traps like Dry Prong and Woodworth aren't interested in public safety. They're all about dollars in their coffers. They might as well hold you at gunpoint while you pay your fine. It's robbery, plain and simple.
They ain't cops....they're ticket agents.
IMO

Nodameen?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dry Prong Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Visiting USP Pollock Sat Joan 1
Usp pollock Sat Bella 51
Where is the justice in Grant Parish? (Jan '10) May 23 Concerned citizen 21
USP Pollock Lockdown (Sep '15) May 20 Oklahoma 1,408
Anthony Menicocci May 10 Votto3990 2
News Major Drug Bust-Pineville (Jul '06) May 4 MyMichael85 16
Jacob Collins Apr '17 Curious 1

Dry Prong Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance