Dry Prong Police Chief
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
tired_of_DP

Baton Rouge, LA

#1 Feb 15, 2012
For all you lovely citizens of Dry Prong: I am forced to drive through town occasionally when I am traveling and I would like to know when the town of DP will get a "police chief" that's not such a fat, disgusting, incompetent, lazy slob :) DP is nothing but a speed trap. I got ticketed a while back for BARELY speeding and my ticket was over $200. Every time I drive through there is the same guy sitting in the same place for hours on end. DP is notorious for tickets...of which mostly do not get reported to the state. Where is all of this money going? It certainly isn't going to the development of Dry Prong. If tickets are that expensive I AT LEAST expect there to be no pot holes and bumps when I drive through or the town not to look like some run down ghetto. What a total manipulation of the system. The officer also wrote the wrong citation on my ticket...thus proving his absolute stupidity. I would feel bad if a REAL crime happened in DP and was left to your over-weight slob of a police chief.
lovelycitizen

Alexandria, LA

#2 Feb 16, 2012
Well lets start with the fact that you were speeding. You say "barely" speeding, thats like saying you are "a lttle pregnant". You either are or you aren't. you were speeding, you got a ticket. You say he's always sitting in the same spot and yet you STILL sped and you call him stupid?!It's a state highway so the state sets the speed limits and it is posted very plainly. Once again it is a state highway so the state is responsible for the upkeep. The four lane is coming so the buildings are being torn down for the new highway. Our chief is an honest and fair man. While he may be overweight he can lose weight, but you will probably always be ignorant, but thank you for showing us both of your I.Q.'s!
eggfarmer

Alexandria, LA

#3 Feb 18, 2012
@ tired .. Find another route or slow down dipsh_t!! Im not from Dry Prong but their cheif is a great individual.
AnonMouse

Haughton, LA

#4 Feb 19, 2012
tired_of_DP wrote:
For all you lovely citizens of Dry Prong: I am forced to drive through town occasionally when I am traveling and I would like to know when the town of DP will get a "police chief" that's not such a fat, disgusting, incompetent, lazy slob :) DP is nothing but a speed trap. I got ticketed a while back for BARELY speeding and my ticket was over $200. Every time I drive through there is the same guy sitting in the same place for hours on end. DP is notorious for tickets...of which mostly do not get reported to the state. Where is all of this money going? It certainly isn't going to the development of Dry Prong. If tickets are that expensive I AT LEAST expect there to be no pot holes and bumps when I drive through or the town not to look like some run down ghetto. What a total manipulation of the system. The officer also wrote the wrong citation on my ticket...thus proving his absolute stupidity. I would feel bad if a REAL crime happened in DP and was left to your over-weight slob of a police chief.
Ahhh, another one of those "Do you know who I am?" lawbreakers. Obviously the Chief didn't know he was supposed to bow down, kiss your ring, and apologize for having stopped you.

Your ass got schooled. You aren't as 'special' as you think you are.
BOHICA

Alexandria, LA

#5 Feb 19, 2012
I love it to no end. LMFAO
Tim bladell

United States

#6 Feb 19, 2012
BOHICA wrote:
I love it to no end. LMFAO
Pop hataway, pop pills, pop yo mama, I live in dp, it's a shithole and I was married to my cousin but the law is the law, slow down bitch or u will get a ticket. We still have our sign hanging, ask the pollock inmates what it says bout the tnigs
Colfax Police Chief

Pineville, LA

#7 Feb 19, 2012
I heard he is doing well over there. We need to bring him to DP.
Inside Dry Prong

United States

#8 Feb 19, 2012
Colfax Police Chief wrote:
I heard he is doing well over there. We need to bring him to DP.
Who is doing well? and why do we need him?
sotrue_stayinthe south

Baton Rouge, LA

#9 Feb 20, 2012
AHAHAHAHA! Dry Prong...what a JOKE! Small town cops are usually like that. What else are they going to do? You can only go through McDonald's so many times and usually they don't even have one of those anyway. Dodson, La is the same way. You can literally be going 5 miles over the limit on a dead road with nothing around you and get slammed with a $200+ ticket. You can go well over the speed limit in the city and get a ticket less than $150. It's not about safety...it's all about money which is just exploitation of the legal system. Also, I wouldn't worry about what the surrounding citizens think about it. They don't speed because they've got nowhere to go and if they did run into "tha chief" I'm sure they're all related via cousins and would have nothing to worry about. You're just gonna get "cussed" by people unable to spell and treated as though you're the only one in the world who has ever went over a speed limit.
lovelycitizen

Alexandria, LA

#10 Feb 20, 2012
Tim bladell wrote:
<quoted text>
Pop hataway, pop pills, pop yo mama, I live in dp, it's a shithole and I was married to my cousin but the law is the law, slow down bitch or u will get a ticket. We still have our sign hanging, ask the pollock inmates what it says bout the tnigs
If you are going to post completely stupid stuff claiming to be someone else you could at least have the decency to spell the man's name correctly.
BOHICA

Alexandria, LA

#11 Feb 20, 2012
Tim bladell wrote:
<quoted text>
Pop hataway, pop pills, pop yo mama, I live in dp, it's a shithole and I was married to my cousin but the law is the law, slow down bitch or u will get a ticket. We still have our sign hanging, ask the pollock inmates what it says bout the tnigs
You are at the height of your carrer of being illiterate. You should move out of Dry Prong, I am sure the I.Q level there would rise then. FYI I like what happened in Dry Prong. You are SNAFU
Inside Dry Prong

United States

#12 Feb 20, 2012
The Chief of Dry Prong does a good job, despite the best efforts of every ignorant fool that comes to and through the town. Maybe just maybe you (speaking to tired of DP) should get off of his back and realize you are in the wrong. I know for a fact that he gives ten miles over the speed limit for your BARELY over was what 56 in a 45mph
that deserves a ticket. When and if you ever travel through the lovely Village of Dry Prong perchance you should pull your head out of your A__
long enough to read the speed limit sign.
tired_of_DP

Baton Rouge, LA

#13 Feb 21, 2012
Inside Dry Prong wrote:
The Chief of Dry Prong does a good job, despite the best efforts of every ignorant fool that comes to and through the town. Maybe just maybe you (speaking to tired of DP) should get off of his back and realize you are in the wrong. I know for a fact that he gives ten miles over the speed limit for your BARELY over was what 56 in a 45mph
that deserves a ticket. When and if you ever travel through the lovely Village of Dry Prong perchance you should pull your head out of your A__
long enough to read the speed limit sign.
-Wow...I was really not expecting to get that many comments from my little vent but I will address this one and move on. FYI...I was in a 35 zone clocked at 45. It was late and extremely dark. I honestly believed I was still in a 45 zone. It was quite a while back on a holiday weekend and I honestly did believe I was abiding by your limit. Your chief actually pulled me over in the 45 zone but he clocked me in the 35 which if I can add and I believe I can is 10 miles over the limit. Let me add I FULLY believed I was obeying the speed limit. I tried to explain that to him and I was extremely RESPECTFUL but of course being DP I still got the ticket...I can handle a ticket but the cost of my ticket was over $200.00, you are entitled to your opinion but that is OUTRAGEOUS! I have NEVER seen such ridiculous fines in my life. Had it been LESS I probably wouldn't have gotten so angered. I work very hard and have a child on the way and life in my neck of the woods (Baton Rouge) is quite expensive so I really don't appreciate having to pay that amount of money to your town for an honest mistake. I'm not an "ignorant fool" but actually a very highly educated hard working person that spends my time contributing to society. But thank you for judging my situation anyway assuming that I must be Hell on wheels burning through your little town. That's just not the case. And also if I had been going 56 in a 45 thats only 11 miles over the limit which according to YOU he gives 10 miles but 11 miles, oh no, that deserves a ticket. That makes no sense. Think before you type. And to the rest of you...clean up your language and learn how present a valid argument without making empty assumptions.
lovelycitizen

Alexandria, LA

#14 Feb 21, 2012
Tired of DP, next time you want to have a "little vent" you should think before YOU type. Your "valid argument" is the one that started out with name calling and assumptions. We all have facets of our jobs that we don't necessarily enjoy, just bear in mind these officers that you berate for doing that part of their job are the very individuals who would risk their life for you or your family if you were to have to call 911. We also work very hard (most of us anyways) and raise our children here in our neck of the woods, which is one of the reasons for enforcing the laws (including speeding) whether it be accidental or intentional. The signs say "SPEED LIMIT 35" not "SPEED SUGGESTION 35ish" and not just because it won't fit.Call all the other small towns and find out what the fines are and you'll find it is not so outrageous. When the four lane is complete the speed limits will go up, but I am quite certain will still be enforced. I would expect no less from our chief.
tired_of_DP

Baton Rouge, LA

#15 Feb 22, 2012
lovelycitizen, I am currently persuing higher education in law as I already have completed all of my undergraduate studies and I am very familiar with fines around the state. You would practically have to drag race in some parts of this state to recieve a fine that high...believe me it is outrageous. You think speeding through a small town for less than 5 minutes (that's about what it takes to get through DP or possibly less) deserves a higher fine than speeding through a city where there are other cars and people and life all around you? Former state troopers (along with other authority figures) have told me personally to never even waste my time with any court dates or try reasoning with anyone in Dry Prong because tickets are their agenda. This is common knowledge. Everyone knows Dry Prong is a speed trap...has been for YEARS! Please understand I DO live in a place where officers risk their lives and fight to uphold law and protect people on a daily basis. Two of them live in my neighborhood and attend the same gym and and they are outstanding officers. Your chief sits on the side of the road in a huge SUV usually EATING or pulled over at the Dollar Store chit chatting with someone with the sole job of writing as many tickets as he can. The man probably couldn't out run a child if he had to due to being so overweight. Again your own CHIEF wrote the WRONG section/title number on my ticket. You think they're trying to protect you and your children? HA! They get a very large volume of tickets (although they have been steadily decreasing as DP's reputation is growing) and they don't report those to the state. Have you ever considered why that might be? Of course you haven't...I'm sure you have NEVER disobeyed a speed limit but I hope if you ever do (esp UNintentionally) that you have an officer as brillant and understanding as the DP police chief :)
lovelycitizen

Alexandria, LA

#16 Feb 22, 2012
Tired, WONDERFUL!!! We have been needing another lawyer who thinks the laws pertain to everyone else and not himself! I've had my share of tickets, I just choose not to whine about them or try to find a loophole. Its about taking responsibility for YOUR actions. YOU WERE GOING 10mph OVER THE POSTED SPEED LIMIT!! If having a posted speed limit WITH signs warning you there is a speed zone ahead constitues a speedtrap then the whole country is a speedtrap. You say he couldn't outrun a child, you'd be surprised after all he did run your ass down!!
tired_of_DP

Baton Rouge, LA

#17 Feb 22, 2012
He ran me down going 45mph? Oh yes! That is just brillant! You guys are talked about all over and even listed on national speed trap exchanges...that is what Dry Prong is known for...end of story. It's just another money game made to manipulate the system. You are not a beautiful little Southern town. You are a little bump in the road speed trap with an overweight most likely ill-trained chief. I believe I did take responsibily for my actions when I paid my ONE ticket a decent while back but that's not going to keep me from sharing my opinion.
lovelycitizen

Pineville, LA

#18 Feb 22, 2012
In the matter of the Town of DP versus ,tired of DP, i find the defendant , tired of dp......GUILTY AS CHARGED. good luck with that whole 'law' thing you are doing. you are off to a rocky start.
observer

Vidalia, LA

#19 Feb 22, 2012
I do believe the town of DP uses the same fine schedule as the state police and am quite certain that a portion of the money collected from fines is sent to the state as mandated by law. Also, the town must show, in audit, all tickets written (in sequence) and that money reconciled. You probably haven't studied that part yet. Yes, and if you listen to everyone who was stopped because they were speeding...DP is a speedtrap....It's the same old song sung by everyone who gets stopped in any town. I think a student of law would not be so quick to judge a man's ability to do his job by his size or his looks. That's is purely an assumption on your part and not a fact (truth)...which is supposed to be at the core of your job.
tired_of_DP

Baton Rouge, LA

#20 Feb 22, 2012
observer wrote:
I do believe the town of DP uses the same fine schedule as the state police and am quite certain that a portion of the money collected from fines is sent to the state as mandated by law. Also, the town must show, in audit, all tickets written (in sequence) and that money reconciled. You probably haven't studied that part yet. Yes, and if you listen to everyone who was stopped because they were speeding...DP is a speedtrap....It's the same old song sung by everyone who gets stopped in any town. I think a student of law would not be so quick to judge a man's ability to do his job by his size or his looks. That's is purely an assumption on your part and not a fact (truth)...which is supposed to be at the core of your job.
This is an opinion forum...not a law debate. My ticket, fine, and situation are fact but the statements about the police chief, town, and practices are strictly OPINION. Thats why they are given here and not in a court room. I have already inquired about the ticket fines for the state police and they are much less. My husband just got a ticket a short time ago given by a state trooper going 15 over the limit and it was much less than mine. Fines vary by court. But you can feel free to go to http://brgov.com/dept/citycourt/pdf/trafficfi... if you would like. Technically I wasn't even cited for speeding since he did list the wrong section number on the ticket. And when I comment about not reporting to the state (which was told to me by the dept secretary) I mean in terms of state traffic records which I assume is not done bc it was would be a constant influx of reports. I know their revenue is on the books and I'm sure they are flourishing quite nicely but thanks anyway.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dry Prong Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
USP Pollock Lockdown (Sep '15) Dec 2 Donna 1,267
Kay Carnahan? Nov 25 Fast 2
News Rapides narcotics agents say meth ring had ties... (Apr '10) Oct '16 Painter 37
Cheating wives Oct '16 Taco 8
7-Eleven in Alexandria? (Nov '15) Mar '16 thepizzaman 6
Choctaw Casino Jobs (Sep '15) Sep '15 JoJo 1
Grant High School JROTC Gold and Maroon Knights... (Jan '10) Jan '15 Damieka 14

Dry Prong Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dry Prong Mortgages