Grant High School JROTC Gold and Maro...

Grant High School JROTC Gold and Maroon Knights Drill Team

Posted in the Dry Prong Forum

David Bailey

Pollock, LA

#1 Jan 27, 2010
I wanted to give a huge kudos to your high school JROTC drill teams. I was at the competition at LA Tech in Ruston this last weekend and your school's team took about half the awards there.

You have a great teaching staff there and some great kids! An excellent program! You should be very proud.
Pineville Mom

Clovis, NM

#2 Feb 9, 2010
They also won the state drill meet at NSU on Feb 6th. They're an amazing group of kids to watch. My son wants to go there just for that program.. I've never seen that much discipline on any sports team or another JROTC program in my life... They're very entertaining to watch.
Rodney McManus - parent

United States

#3 Feb 19, 2010
Thanks so much for (others')recognizing their hard work and dedication. They do not get enough of this from their own school or School Board.
Grant ROTC

Clovis, NM

#4 Feb 20, 2010
Well my grandson is in the program in Tioga and I have a nephew in the Pineville ROTC. I will tell you that if given the chance they both would be on that team at Grant High School.. The ROTC program's here don't receive the recognition they deserve either. But the one your speaking of in Dry Prong is something else... We saw them at NSU a well and it was something to watch them compete and perform... I was partial to the young ladies though I will admit when they marched... Precision upon, precision. I'm surprised that they're not asked to perform around Cenla so others can enjoy.. Unlike sports they should have sponsors and help to keep that program growing. Good job and God's Speed... We need more young adults like those.
Rick Slayter parent

Pineville, LA

#5 Mar 1, 2011
I have a son in this program. It is the best thing that he could have gotten into. They do not get the help from there School Board that other sports do,but they are better known in the state than any other sport at GRANT. It is very rewarding for these kids to get acknowledgement from other people and schools.
Michelle Lemoine

Hattiesburg, MS

#6 Mar 1, 2011
The Grant High School JROTC Gold and Maroon Knights Drill Team has always been a true source of pride for Grant High School as well as the Grant Parish School Board. What a fantastic group and what an admirable leader Sgt. Tadayeski has been, this group has always represented Grant High in the most honorable way. Time and time again it has been stated how very proud the entire school system is of the accomplishments of this outstanding organization. This topic seems to have been started by someone that wanted to praise this fine group’s accomplishments and hard work, to commend them on being outstanding examples of what all our young people should strive to be. However, it is sad that two men on this thread use this means as an opportunity to "bash" the Grant Parish School Board. Gentlemen you are certainly entitled to your opinions; however is this really the place to voice those negative comments? Why such negativity when someone was just trying to say some positive comments about a fantastic group of young people and praise them for the wonderful accomplishments they have worked so very hard to achieve. If you have a problem with the GP School Board or Grant High School take those matters up in a private manner with those two entities. To Sgt. Tadayeski & Grant High School JROTC Gold and Maroon Knights Drill Team continue to excel, continue to show your dedication and hard work ~ Grant Parish is proud of you and commends each of you~ you are recognized and appreciated for the POSITIVE OUTSTANDING job you are all doing. And by the way, by all the Newspaper articles I have read both in our local paper and The Town Talk ~~ seems not only GP knows your goup ~~ many, many surrounding areas "take notice" when your group shows up!! The pictures that accompany those articles show GHJROTC to be a fantastic looking bunch of young people ~~ KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!
Bastrop High School

Vidalia, LA

#7 Nov 4, 2011
yeah on our way to the compitition an yess were gonna be there to take home all the First Place trophies........lol glad grant anit performing....thank the lord they to good!!!!!!lol sike...
Grant Softball Gurl

Pineville, LA

#8 Nov 6, 2011
Well they're the winningest team in our school They practice all the time and way to much for me. But in order to be good you have to practice.
Student at grant

Rayville, LA

#9 Mar 19, 2012
To the one who posted on Nov 4th from Bastrop:

First of all before you post comments, make sure you know how to spell because "aint" is not a word.
Second, Look who took home the State trophy, I do believe it was GRANT HIGH SCHOOL,
and last, but certainly not least, we took home 6, yes, let me repeat (6) first place trophies, so next time you talk noise, you should know where you stand, and that is LAST!
Grandson in Jr High

Pineville, LA

#10 Mar 24, 2012
My grandson is in the Jr HIgh and plays football and baseball. He has his sights set on being on the JROTC Drill Team when he goes over to the high school. He would practice over there now if they had 8th grade program. It's a team that works very hard, but their hard work pays off.
ROTC Drill Team

Pineville, LA

#11 Sep 8, 2012
I saw these youngsters for the first time when I went to Sheriff McCain's swearing in ceremony. i applaud the community for inviting them there and displaying their talents. Our school board should be very proud of these students and the hard work they put in to compete and win like they do. We all take a lesson from the standards they've set for themselves. Keep up the hard work.
Michelle

Houston, TX

#12 Oct 3, 2012
Can anyone share information on the jrotc garage sale?
Parent

Pineville, LA

#13 Oct 17, 2012
I just want to say that my daughter is a new member this year of Maroon and Lady Golden Knights. I have always known that this program is tops, but after seeing them perfom last week in Natchitoches I am blown away!! These kids work hard and are awesome. Nice to have something at GHS to win!!! You need to come see these kids perform if you ever have a chance!!
Damieka

Frisco, TX

#14 Jan 13, 2015
How do I get a schedule of the drill meets? My son is on the drill team!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dry Prong Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
USP Pollock Lockdown (Sep '15) Tue HisLove 1,286
Pollock la federal prison lockdown? (May '13) Jan 6 Miss looking 261
News Major Drug Bust-Pineville (Jul '06) Jan 3 Real 14
Cheating wives Dec 20 Taco 10
Jason mcdowell Dec 20 name 3
News Rapides narcotics agents say meth ring had ties... (Apr '10) Dec '16 last one to think 38
Kay Carnahan? Nov '16 Fast 2

Dry Prong Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dry Prong Mortgages