Biden: Romney will 'put y'all back in chains'

Aug 14, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KMBC-TV

Vice President Joe Biden leveled a heavy charge at Mitt Romney on Tuesday, arguing the presumptive GOP nominee's proposed policies on Wall Street reform would be detrimental for Americans.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of1,193
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Aug 12

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

"back in chains"

Interesting, considering the fact that the Republican Party was formed solely for the purpose of defeating the Democratic Party - which at the time had millions of American slaves in literal "chains".

Joe Biden should learn all 57 of the states before he begins lecturing us about the DNC's stance on slavery.
AMUSED

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

This guy is a riot!!! I'm wondering if Obama wants him as VP to help him look better!
I really hope everyone will wake up to see his politics are not working for our country. We have lost so much in the past 3 1/2 years!
Telmark

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

It's nothing less than pathetic to hear the party of slavery talk about "putting y'all back in chains."

Hearing this lobotomized career DC politician use the term "y'all" while he spews such ugly and indefensible propaganda says much about him and his mental state.

Meanwhile, can you imagine the mainstream liberal media outrage if Palin, or any other non-Democrat, had uttered the same line?

We'd being hearing about how "racist" the comment was all the way through October.
slingshot

Bristol, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

Telmark wrote:
It's nothing less than pathetic to hear the party of slavery talk about "putting y'all back in chains."
Hearing this lobotomized career DC politician use the term "y'all" while he spews such ugly and indefensible propaganda says much about him and his mental state.
Meanwhile, can you imagine the mainstream liberal media outrage if Palin, or any other non-Democrat, had uttered the same line?
We'd being hearing about how "racist" the comment was all the way through October.
Oh, but the same comment was made by a republican, and the reason you do not know about it, is because there was not a big stink raised about it by the democrats. Do just a little bit of checking and you will find out, then stand up and put a correction in this topic. What I'm suggesting is, be an independant and not be chained to any political party.
Graydog

Martinsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

AMUSED wrote:
This guy is a riot!!! I'm wondering if Obama wants him as VP to help him look better!
I really hope everyone will wake up to see his politics are not working for our country. We have lost so much in the past 3 1/2 years!
I am "AMUSED" you forgot what we lost in the previous 8 years. Guess you don't have any money in the stock market.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

Well, isn't that funny the republicans getting all upset over Biden using the words "shackles" and "chains" when he was mimicking the words used by the republicans. It's OK for the repugs to use the words, but it's considered racial by repugs when democrats use it.
LMT

Hudson, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

This is not racist in the least. Rome used shackles on their prisoners. So did the Vikings, Celts, Tudors, French, Spanish, Portugese, and the "Holy" Catholic church.

“Shoot for the stars”

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

LMT wrote:
This is not racist in the least. Rome used shackles on their prisoners. So did the Vikings, Celts, Tudors, French, Spanish, Portugese, and the "Holy" Catholic church.
Exactly! The banking institutions don't give a rat's patuti who's what when it comes to screwing people out of money when unleashed from regulations by repugs.
Ex Tobacco Buyer

Manhattan, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

Some points to consider:

1. Today's Republican party is NOT the party of Lincoln, Theodore Roosevelt, and Eisenhower, or even Reagan for that matter. It has been hijacked by Libertarians who adhere to the sociopolitical and economic philosophy of Ludwig von Mises and Murray N. Rothbard.

2. Although Libertarians oppose chattel slavery, they would be perfectly happy with a system of indentured servitude or peonage.

3. Their view is something akin to that of George Fitzhugh, the pre-Civil War defender of slavery and author of CANNIBALS ALL! who advocated that poor white laborers be enslaved.
Earl

Dillwyn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

Graydog wrote:
<quoted text> I am "AMUSED" you forgot what we lost in the previous 8 years. Guess you don't have any money in the stock market.
Don't need it in the stock market. You and others like you are spending and making me happy doing it. Only the greedy use the S/Mkt. Invest your money local and watch it grow. You are probably on welfare. Use your next check for a new screen door to keep the flies out.
Earl

Dillwyn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

Earth Child 1 wrote:
Well, isn't that funny the republicans getting all upset over Biden using the words "shackles" and "chains" when he was mimicking the words used by the republicans. It's OK for the repugs to use the words, but it's considered racial by repugs when democrats use it.
Did you return from the dead?I see your name is earth child. Maybe you have returned to get names off the tombstones for the democrats to use in the up coming election.
Earl

Dillwyn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

Ex Tobacco Buyer wrote:
Some points to consider:
1. Today's Republican party is NOT the party of Lincoln, Theodore Roosevelt, and Eisenhower, or even Reagan for that matter. It has been hijacked by Libertarians who adhere to the sociopolitical and economic philosophy of Ludwig von Mises and Murray N. Rothbard.
2. Although Libertarians oppose chattel slavery, they would be perfectly happy with a system of indentured servitude or peonage.
3. Their view is something akin to that of George Fitzhugh, the pre-Civil War defender of slavery and author of CANNIBALS ALL! who advocated that poor white laborers be enslaved.
Where did you get that tobacco? I feel you are smoking somenthing special after reading your comment. Aren't the democrats the ones who avocated slavery? Robert Byred from Wv. was one of the Gran Pubas of the KKK and he was in Congress for over 50 yrs.
Earl

Dillwyn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

LMT wrote:
Where do you get all that credible information? I would say this was Bushs fault.
Earl

Dillwyn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly! The banking institutions don't give a rat's patuti who's what when it comes to screwing people out of money when unleashed from regulations by repugs.
Thank you for commenting. You helped me make up my mind to vote Romney. You make a typical comment without proof. I guess you would rather continue giving money away without it providing jobs.
Telmark

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

slingshot wrote:
<quoted text> Oh, but the same comment was made by a republican, and the reason you do not know about it, is because there was not a big stink raised about it by the democrats. Do just a little bit of checking and you will find out, then stand up and put a correction in this topic. What I'm suggesting is, be an independent and not be chained to any political party.
I am, and always have been, independent enough to vote for both Dems and Reps throughout my 35 year voting record.

As for your "correction" comment; the Republicans did not start a war in an effort to keep slaves in chains or shackles like the Democrats did.

Since: Aug 12

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

Someone marked my initial comment as being "SPAM" which obviously it isn't.

Not surprised... Goes right in line with liberal's attempt to silence any and everyone who may have a differing opinion. The left is a joke!
Graydog

Martinsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Earl wrote:
<quoted text> Don't need it in the stock market. You and others like you are spending and making me happy doing it. Only the greedy use the S/Mkt. Invest your money local and watch it grow. You are probably on welfare. Use your next check for a new screen door to keep the flies out.
Earl are you the financier of the new snow cone business in Wytheville?
Da Truth

Altavista, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

I think comparing a political party...either political party to what it was...OH, 200 years ago...is just about the silliest, more inept arguement for your stance. I think we can all safely agree both the Dems and GOP have altered a bit in that time. WOW!
realist

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

What is even more deceptive propaganda is the justification and explanation by Obama of Biden's comments. Biden's comments were directed toward what is acknowledged as primarly a BLACK audience. Chains and enslavement in Obama's under educated mind of Amercian history applies to every one that every lived in the U.S.
Of course Biden's comments were directed toward BLACKS and it is an insult to all Americans for Obama to state otherwise.

“Shoot for the stars”

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

Earl wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you for commenting. You helped me make up my mind to vote Romney. You make a typical comment without proof. I guess you would rather continue giving money away without it providing jobs.
Well, if it ain't Earl the unevolved and neo-Nazi from Va and its sock puppets. As if you had anything credible worth reading on anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of1,193
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dry Fork Discussions

Search the Dry Fork Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) Apr 19 abe 1,350
VA Missing Va. Girl Alive, Man In Custody (Dec '10) Apr 14 Jim 1,434
In southwest Virginia, coyote sightings causing... (Sep '07) Mar '14 amy 75
Looking for anyone with the last name coward (Dec '12) Mar '14 Michelle 2
what do you know about him Mar '14 whoa 2
He wont rent to black people. (Sep '12) Mar '14 Landlord Dallas 16
Brenda Lewis (Apr '09) Mar '14 little sister 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Dry Fork Jobs

•••