Deadly Rollover Crash

Deadly Rollover Crash

There are 17 comments on the WTOM-TV Traverse City story from Oct 6, 2009, titled Deadly Rollover Crash. In it, WTOM-TV Traverse City reports that:

The Michigan State Police are investigating a one vehicle crash that left one person dead in Chippewa County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTOM-TV Traverse City.

joan walker

Marquette, MI

#1 Oct 7, 2009
Well thats too bad that these grown men and women were out drinking and driving and its unfortunate they took a life of a young man.. I sure hope they learned their lesson..I do not feel sorry for them..
anonymous

United States

#2 Oct 7, 2009
How dare you accuse someone of driking and driving and you don't know the facts. How heartless can you be? The gentleman who passed away was a father, husband, brother, son...it's a tragedy. Stuff it you old fart!
joan runner

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 Oct 7, 2009
Joan - pretty interesting take on not feeling sorry. First, being in Mancelona how do you know if there was drinking at 6:23am? Obviously you stay couped up in your trailer sending out rediculous e-mail opinions. If you socialized in this world you might realize not many people start drinking at 6am or are still drinking from the night before. Bottom line is I know the victim. Good husband, father and friend.

All I can say is it must be nice to sit at home at 3pm and send your opinions via e-mail.

Joan - stay real, stay secluded. Nice work kid.
A Neighbor

Tucson, AZ

#5 Oct 7, 2009
How dare you Joan! Keep your comments to yourself! The victim was a good person who didn't deserve to die. You on the otherhand, not so sure!
islander

Drummond Island, MI

#6 Oct 7, 2009
My husband and had the honor of meeting this young man the night before the accident, found him to be a very nice and respectable young man and we believe he will be truly missed in this world. And I cannot believe that some people can be so heartless to pass judgment. Heartfelt condolences to the family for such a terrible loss.
A Neighbor

Tucson, AZ

#7 Oct 7, 2009
Islander - It definitely WOULD be an honor to meet him. He was a great man! He was kind to all who knew him and all who didn't know him as well!
joan runner

Pittsburgh, PA

#8 Oct 8, 2009
What's the problem Joan Walker? Looks like we hit the nail on the head as far as your concerned. It's not your fault you are just the poster child of what's wrong in this country. You sit back, get little pcs. of a topic and past judgement before knowing the facts. You more than likely haven't acheived much in your life because you didn't get an opporutnty or "the man" kept you down. I'm sure you had a take a third mortgage out on your trailer to afford the WalMart computer your using.
I'm going to give you some free advise. You might want to just shut your mouth / opinion if you really don't know what the facts are. Again, I know the victim and I would have taken a bullet for the man. I'm sure you don't know too many people you could say that about. I would say keep things simple for yourself. Continue to fetch beers for your old man and have dinner ready when he returns from the bar.
friend of deceased

Three Rivers, MI

#9 Oct 9, 2009
To Joan Walker:

I don't know you and you obviously don't know all the facts of what happened to the one involved in the accident. This is a tragic event, the loss of the young man in the accident has torn a community apart. You may not feel sorry for them because you assume they were "drinking and driving" but maybe you need to feel sorry for his wife and two young kids who he has left behind along with a host of friends and family members. This young man was an extrordinary person who would give you the shirt off his back or the last dollar in his pocket. So next time you choose to judge a situation please sit back and think about what you want to say and who it may hurt.
Greg in GR

Grand Rapids, MI

#10 Oct 10, 2009
I was on the ferry that morning when they were working on the man in the ambulance, the only other person. Just my 13yr old son and I. Now that I have heard what happen it makes a very sobering 7 min ride even more so. My parayers go out to his family and I hope none of us ever pass judgement on anyone without knowing the facts. That could have been me and my son on that ambulance. I wasnt drinking at 6am I was heading home from a great weekend with my son. It could have been a deer he swerved for or any number of things. I agree with you condolences!
wife

Warren, MI

#11 Oct 11, 2009
I was searching for articles about this accident for whatever reason not sure, maybe a bit of closure, trying to move forward, more clarity on what happened up on Drummond Island and I came upon these "comments". I just want to say thank you for all the kind words written. He was the best husband and father. So, thank you.
drummond island maddog

Royal Oak, MI

#12 Oct 13, 2009
drinking was involved..he was not driving ...sad situation for all here on the island
A Neighbor

Orem, UT

#13 Oct 14, 2009
He was a great man, father and neighbor. He will be missed greatly by everyone. To his wife and family our prayers go our to you.
Interested

Montverde, FL

#14 Oct 14, 2009
Has anyone been charged in this accident yet, or is it still under investigation?
This is very sad, sure feel sorry for this man's wife and children.
brother in law

Portage, MI

#15 Oct 15, 2009
The man that was taken so suddenly form our lives was one of tremendous character. He was a truly loving father and husband who cherished each and every day. To those of you that have commented on the tremendous loss our family has suffered I say THANK YOU. To those of you who have commented on the situation and have passed judgement I hope you will find peace in your life and someday meet a person as great as my brother in law. He lived to please others and will always live in our heart and souls. His wife and children are loved more then anyone will ever know. I miss him.
Glenda

Marquette, MI

#16 Oct 18, 2009
drummond island maddog wrote:
drinking was involved..he was not driving ...sad situation for all here on the island
I know drinking was involved, I know a person that was in the accident and she was badly hurt.. they were taking her home, it happened right down the road from her house! we are all sad someone had to lose their life over this..
Neighbor

Orem, UT

#17 Oct 22, 2009
drummond island maddog wrote:
Is there any more information on who was involved or how they lost control? There has not been any news on this at all. Thoughts and prayers go out you all involved.
Brother

Syracuse, NY

#18 Nov 21, 2009
Joan Walker- I'm sorry that you are so small minded and heartless to not have feelings! The man that died on that island was a loving, caring husband, father, son, brother,and friend! He brought joy to everyone that he had contact with. It must be hard living in your world, where you do no wrong and can pass judgement on everyone else! It is a shame that alcohol, once again, has taken a person that was making this world a better place!
To everyone that has passed along your kind words, I too would like to say "Thank You!", my brother was a great guy, and is and will forever be dearly missed!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drummond Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Get out of the way! Icebreakers are on the move... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Barry 1
News Two suspects arrested for abuse of mobility imp... (Aug '14) Aug '14 honoroneanother 2
News Numerous power outages in Sault Michigan area (Jun '14) Jun '14 michele price 1
Talk about Drummond Island (Dec '12) Dec '12 gerry 1
Debate: Election Poll, June 2012 - Drummond Island, MI (Sep '12) Sep '12 Patsy Newell 1
News mv 'Manistee' of Lower Lakes Shpg. Co. (Jun '06) Feb '12 Richard Johnson 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Michigan (... (Oct '10) Nov '11 Sandynutsisgay 37

Drummond Island Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Drummond Island Mortgages