Scene 75 an honest review

Scene 75 an honest review

Posted in the Drexel Forum

My Review

Dayton, OH

#1 Nov 28, 2013
I will give you an honest review of Scene 75. It truly is a great concept and Dayton, Ohio needed a new attraction. The building looks really cool from Interstate 75 and gives the impression of a fun place to visit. I like to call it Dayton's version of Dave and Buster's. The inside looks really cool and there are numerous attractions and a bar & grill. The attractions are fun, but expensive. The food is ok, but again expensive. If you are there with your kids passed 11 pm they will tell you it's time to leave and 18 and up only ? That really ticks you off when your sitting with drinks and your kids are having fun. After fun and drinks I went for food to find the kitchen closed early. The place closes at 1am and that includes the bar ? What kind of bar closes at 1:00 am ? We had relatives in town on a Monday and Tuesday night and they wanted to check out Scene 75. Nope they were closed both days and continue to be closed both of those days. Why ? Some good advice for Scene 75 if it wants to remain in business. 1. Your going to have to be open at least 6 days a week. Take the good nights with the bad. Every other business in that area does 2. Try staying open til 11pm on weekdays and 2am on Friday and Saturday. 3. Lower those prices and get some value packages. People can go to Kings Island cheaper than Scene 75. Good luck
Been there

Dayton, OH

#2 Nov 28, 2013
Yep you hit it right on the head. I tried that place once. Wasn't impressed. To expensive.
William Meech

Monroe, OH

#3 Dec 1, 2013
It was fun one time, but like you all said it was way to expensive for a game room. I dropped less money at Kings Island. The staff was rude too. Never going back again.
Turn yourself around

Englewood, OH

#4 Dec 1, 2013
I like the sound of it but the expense turns me off and I need more hours to fit my schedule.
Professional Drunk Driver

Cantonment, FL

#5 Dec 1, 2013
Don't they launder money for some big meth/coke syndicate?
Rod

Cincinnati, OH

#6 Dec 1, 2013
Professional Drunk Driver wrote:
Don't they launder money for some big meth/coke syndicate?
With a username like that, should we listen to anything you say?
Professional Drunk Driver

Cantonment, FL

#7 Dec 1, 2013
Of course you should, boy!
Rod wrote:
<quoted text>
With a username like that, should we listen to anything you say?
I am a PRO-fesh-un-all.

I get PAID to do what I do, when I do it, HOW I do it.
Rod

Cincinnati, OH

#8 Dec 2, 2013
Professional Drunk Driver wrote:
Of course you should, boy!<quoted text>I am a PRO-fesh-un-all.
I get PAID to do what I do, when I do it, HOW I do it.
Nutcase!
Karen

Dayton, OH

#9 Dec 5, 2013
Been there done that. To much money for video games, hell I could have went to Kings Island two times over.
Jake

Dayton, OH

#10 Dec 5, 2013
Uhh Karen they said an honest review I am preetty sure you posted twice. But U must agree the place is to expensive, not to mention is never open during my days off.
The New Cool Warrior

Tipp City, OH

#11 Dec 6, 2013
It is for the young and dumb [18-34] with disposable incomes. I think that most of them do not want to be around children when they drink. They also want to be around pretty young friendly females who are just old enough not to get them to sent to jail without bail. This may hurt, but no more than my 45 years and $40,000-worth of expensive research. To be fair, I see no reason for me to go there...me no longer being a member of that most desirable big-spending demographic group.
Brad

Dayton, OH

#12 Dec 7, 2013
The New Cool Warrior wrote:
It is for the young and dumb [18-34] with disposable incomes. I think that most of them do not want to be around children when they drink. They also want to be around pretty young friendly females who are just old enough not to get them to sent to jail without bail. This may hurt, but no more than my 45 years and $40,000-worth of expensive research. To be fair, I see no reason for me to go there...me no longer being a member of that most desirable big-spending demographic group.
Yeah the place sucks!!! It had a good start out of the gate and the newness wore off. It's closed the first half of the week and you can't ride the go carts if you even had one beer.
oZo61

Dayton, OH

#13 Oct 8, 2017
I noticed that around 5pm all the slutty moms and their meathead boyfriends were all milling around texting each other. Not a sh!t care for their kids, it seemed. What a sleazy place!
Greywolf74

Dayton, OH

#14 Nov 18, 2017
Im going to post my email that I sent to the company the day after my very short visit since it tells the story of exactly what happened and I dont want to retype it all but lets just say if you want to go somewhere thats got food and lots of games thats waaaaay overpriced, food is subpar, you automatically get an 18% tip added to your bill, and the waitresses insult the customers then this may by the place for you. If youre anything like a me then you'll want to stay as far away from this place as possible.

I was with a group of people yesterday in your establishment and was automatically charged an 18% tip on my bill. This is something that I do not tolerate as no one will tell me when, if, or how much to tip. When I told the waitress to take the tip off my bill because I was going to leave my own she ignored my request and rang it up anyway. Needless to say I was upset at this and when I confronted her about it we argued for a minute back and forth about it and then she finally told me that if I didnt want to pay it then (and I quote) "I shouldnt have sat my fat ass down at the table". Needless to say that this made me very mad because I have never been talked to by a waitress in my life. I went to speak to the manager that was on site and he was pretty rude also. Not as rude as the waitress but rude none the less. I didnt even get to tell him the whole story because as soon as I started talking about the mandatory tip on my bill he automatically got defensive and started interrupting me with bullshit explanations about how theres a sign and your policies concerning groups of people blah blah blah. He didnt care about my problem and didnt even let me finish my story about the incident with the waitress. So because no one wanted to refund a measly $2 so I could leave my own tip (which would have been more than $2, at least before I was insulted) and because of your waitresses uncaring meanness the waitress not only lost out on a bigger tip but your establishment also lost out on the $90 I had brought with me to blow on go carts and video games, something which I told the manager was going to happen if he didnt make the situation right. Ive never been treated so poorly by a business in all my life and you should be ashamed to call yourself an entertainment company. Oh and on a side note your food isnt even worth the money I paid for it. Shit is overpriced if you ask me. I dont give a damn if you actually do anything about it or not because Im never coming back there and neither will my company that I came with but I thought you might want to know in case youre actually interested in not running off what few customers you even had in the place. Oh, and I also plan on filing a complaint with my credit card company seeing as how your waitress was not authorized to charge my credit card and did so anyway against my wishes. As far as Im concerned you might as well have stolen money out of my wallet. You guys have the nerve to call yourself a respectable business. I call bullshit.
AlrightAlrightAl right

United States

#15 Nov 21, 2017
Greywolf74 wrote:
Im going to post my email that I sent to the company the day after my very short visit since it tells the story of exactly what happened and I dont want to retype it all but lets just say if you want to go somewhere thats got food and lots of games thats waaaaay overpriced, food is subpar, you automatically get an 18% tip added to your bill, and the waitresses insult the customers then this may by the place for you. If youre anything like a me then you'll want to stay as far away from this place as possible.

I was with a group of people yesterday in your establishment and was automatically charged an 18% tip on my bill. This is something that I do not tolerate as no one will tell me when, if, or how much to tip. When I told the waitress to take the tip off my bill because I was going to leave my own she ignored my request and rang it up anyway. Needless to say I was upset at this and when I confronted her about it we argued for a minute back and forth about it and then she finally told me that if I didnt want to pay it then (and I quote) "I shouldnt have sat my fat ass down at the table". Needless to say that this made me very mad because I have never been talked to by a waitress in my life. I went to speak to the manager that was on site and he was pretty rude also. Not as rude as the waitress but rude none the less. I didnt even get to tell him the whole story because as soon as I started talking about the mandatory tip on my bill he automatically got defensive and started interrupting me with bullshit explanations about how theres a sign and your policies concerning groups of people blah blah blah. He didnt care about my problem and didnt even let me finish my story about the incident with the waitress. So because no one wanted to refund a measly $2 so I could leave my own tip (which would have been more than $2, at least before I was insulted) and because of your waitresses uncaring meanness the waitress not only lost out on a bigger tip but your establishment also lost out on the $90 I had brought with me to blow on go carts and video games, something which I told the manager was going to happen if he didnt make the situation right. Ive never been treated so poorly by a business in all my life and you should be ashamed to call yourself an entertainment company. Oh and on a side note your food isnt even worth the money I paid for it. Shit is overpriced if you ask me. I dont give a damn if you actually do anything about it or not because Im never coming back there and neither will my company that I came with but I thought you might want to know in case youre actually interested in not running off what few customers you even had in the place. Oh, and I also plan on filing a complaint with my credit card company seeing as how your waitress was not authorized to charge my credit card and did so anyway against my wishes. As far as Im concerned you might as well have stolen money out of my wallet. You guys have the nerve to call yourself a respectable business. I call bullshit.
feel better?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drexel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 24 min Linden Nj 22,294
child murders 1980 (Jul '08) 2 hr April Wynn 19
Adult movie theaters (Sep '12) Jul 9 fcmehmmm 15
Wayne Township elementary 1969-1970 (Jun '10) Jul 8 Beth Natali 4
News Dayton company lands $20M contract to make wate... Jul 7 404 not found 18
Down2mycore (Dec '17) Jul 6 Momma1991 36
News Local flag and banner retailer continues to gro... Jul 5 Anonymous 1

Drexel Jobs

Personal Finance

Drexel Mortgages