Drexel Chargers request Burke commission vote

Sep 18, 2012 Full story: The Morganton News Herald 6

The Drexel Chargers and its supporters gathered Tuesday at the Burke County Board of Commissioners meeting in the hopes of forcing a vote on allowing the team to play in the county's recreation league.

Full Story
Ace

Simpsonville, SC

#1 Sep 25, 2012
This is a great way to teach our kids if you cry long enough and pitch a big fit,tell some lie's you can get your way! Thank you Mr Taylor for standing your ground and voting for whats right Thank you Mr Hawkins,Mr Smith,Mr Carswell,and Mr Chairman for showing the public just how strong the elected leaders in Burke county are. The way You voted in September. I will vote in November! This not only affects Drexel it affects the whole county.
pissed parent

Simpsonville, SC

#2 Sep 26, 2012
This is not a great way to teach your kids if they cry enought they get what they want. Obviously Ace what you dont know about all this is that Reginas husband KILLED his first wife and they told NO ONE about his charges and when we did all find out about this it was just over looked. Im sorry if this the type of person that you want your children around but I on the other hand DONT think that him or her should be around children because all they are is criminals. To me this shows we care about who our kids are around. So I would like to thank all the people that voted for our kids.
Ace

Simpsonville, SC

#3 Sep 26, 2012
There you go telling lies. If it is fact prove it! Fact is the "town" has bullied, cried, lied and maybe bought their way into county sports.You must be proud. The Rec board told you NO twice. So you put the pressure on poor old Bruce til he gave in.
pissed parent

Simpsonville, SC

#4 Sep 27, 2012
I have no reason to come on here and lie about anything. I think you should ask him for yourself why do you think that they made the new rule that all volunteers had to have a back ground check and they have to tell the board when they get arrested and are not allowed to return until the court case is taken care of. I think that it funny that you say we bullied Bruce Hakwkins into voting for us so I guess we bullied the whole board then because he wasnt the only one that voted for the town. By the way Bruce Hawkins is a grown man and is able to make decisions on his own. But you know what if you want to continue to pay Reginas house payment then by all means you go ahead but I would rather not. Oh and by the way yes, I AM PROUD TO BE A CHARGER!!!!!!!!!
burke county

Kenly, NC

#5 Sep 27, 2012
ALL OF YOU PEOPLE ARE THE LAUGHING STOCK OF THE COUNTY I FEEL SORRY FOR YOUR CHILDREN
Ace

Simpsonville, SC

#6 Sep 27, 2012
No you didn't bully the whole board you had Smith and Carswell on your side Bruce was the swing vote.A week earlier Bruce said a panel would be selected and the issue would be studied then meet back in Oct. Then a Special meeting was called less than a wk later. You know the story. You know the charges against Regina are false.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drexel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jon Broyhill in court 10 min fed_up_with_cluel... 2
total anarchy 1 hr Waco 1954 526
Who Do You Support For President in 2016 3 hr Victor 210
Gas Pump Ripoff 15 hr morganton 5
Who Do You Support For Senate In NC in 2014 16 hr TSF 6,727
a man who goes by Mac 18 hr MattFoley 5
Dating link on Topix 22 hr Honest 5
Drexel Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web