County canines earn first sniff of do...

County canines earn first sniff of dog park

There are 16 comments on the DelcoTimes story from Jul 24, 2008, titled County canines earn first sniff of dog park. In it, DelcoTimes reports that:

Every dog will soon have its day when a new dog park, playground and fishing area officially opens at Kent Park under Lindbergh Bridge Aug.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at DelcoTimes.

owner of Callie and Sam

Havertown, PA

#1 Aug 1, 2008
I went to the new dog park yesterday after filling out and paying for the membership. Looks like a great place but while there a pit bull attacked a smaller dog and it took 4 men to get the pit off. We won't be back
Drexel Hill Dog Owner

Harleysville, PA

#2 Aug 3, 2008
That's a shame. It of course begs the question, "What idiot brings an aggressive pit bull to a dog park?"

Hopefully this dog owner will be banned from the park after such an incident.
Doctor Dave01

Egg Harbor Township, NJ

#3 Aug 6, 2008
Too Bad!! I see pit bulls being walked around the park area with increasing frequency. Actually, this is no surprise considering how stupid & arrogant some of these pit bull owners are! They are very proud of being macho & are most likely to be involved in drugs as well. I'm sure some of these dog owners are tatooed & body pierced from head to toe. If these attacks continue our dogs will be the biggest losers!
maggie

Clementon, NJ

#4 Aug 7, 2008
WE HAVE OUR KEY TO THE NEW DOG PARK AND THINK IT'S GREAT TO HAVE A PLACE TO TAKE OUR DOG. I REALLY THING PIT BULLS SHOULD BE BANNED FROM THE PARK THEY ARE A NASTY BREED. I JUST THANK GOD I WASN'T THER TO SEE WHAT HAPPENED. I'M SURE THAT THE KINKS OF THE PARK WILL BE WORKED OUT. ALL NEW THINGS TAKE SOME TIME TO GET RIGHT. HAVE SOME FAITH IN THE POWERS THAT BE.
Carla Welsh

Hillsborough, NJ

#5 Aug 10, 2008
Pits (APBT, ASBT, ST) are not dangerous if handled appropriately. As a proud owner, I would never take my staffy to a place where too many owners do not know how to properly control their dogs. These dogs are not for first time owners. Because of incidents like this, the more powerful dog will always win and get the bad rap. Shame on all irresponsible owners! If you need a little life saving lesson, read my comments I posted here:
http://www.topix.com/city/upper-darby-pa/2008...
Michelle

Pottstown, PA

#6 Aug 13, 2008
I am interested in bringing my boxer puppy to this park. She has had all of her shots now.
Please tell me the procedure to register and the location as I am not familiar with the Lindberg bridge.
Thank you,
Michelle
createvisions@comcast.net
Jaime

Penns Grove, NJ

#7 Aug 18, 2008
that dog park is the gayest thing i've ever seen
woo a dog park dumb as shit for no reason
Hoffmeister

United States

#8 Aug 19, 2008
This may be good for those living near by,I live across the street from a mini-park,with a sighn for dogs about keeping them on a leash,and picking up after them.Few do either.This is about 3 miles from that dog park,these dog owners here won't take theirs,too lazy.so,we that live across the street have to smell the leftovers,flies,knats,mosquito s are abundant,they lay eggs in that stuff.The animal warden was called,the state was contacted.Little can be done,we're told.The authorities are understaffed.hey,if you want a pet,fine,but their is responsibility that goes with it.Instead,the majority of dog walkers here don't want to clean up,just leave it there for us to deal with.Why should we,it's not our pets.I have a cat and it stays indoors and I clean the litter box everyday.I could just let my pet crap outside and let it be someone else's problem.I don't because I chose to have this pet,therefore I take care of evrything involved with pet ownership.I don't dump on someone else.No one here goes to that park.I wish they would.
50 year resident

Allentown, PA

#9 Sep 17, 2008
Upper Darby is now a section 8 dog-park.
40 year resident

Egg Harbor Township, NJ

#10 Oct 6, 2008
For all the money that was spent renovating that park IT SUCKS ! It's like a caged up mini poop park. The graffitti on the bridge is nothing but an eyesore and a constant reminder of how bad Upper Darby,Drexel Hill, and yes Clifton, and every other surrounding town really are getting.
deedee Drexel Hill

Allentown, PA

#11 Apr 6, 2009
Kent dog park in Upper Darby is wonderful. I have been going since it opened and have worked with township and county officials to make it better.It is now all resurfaced with mulch and cemented under the pavilion.For all you people complaining here please come out to the dog park meetings. Signs are posted on the gates as to time and location. As for pitbulls,I am personally offended that people are so ignorant in this day and age. I have a pit bull boxer mix that is a darling she never starts anything at the park. Of course when the labs or any of the other "friendly" breeds start something it is just "dogs will be dogs". I truly wish people would get educated about the breed. I also have a greyhound and a cat all get along. If any of you complainers see me at the park with my grey and pit please feel free to talk to me or show up at the dog park meetings.

Since: Apr 09

CLIFTON HEIGHTS

#12 Apr 7, 2009
KENT DOG PARK.MANY PEOPLE WALK AROUND AND COMPLAIN BUT THERE BACK EVERYDAY. STOP BITCHING PEOPLE AND START DOING SOMETHING TO HELP MAKE PARK BETTER.DON'T LEAVE IT UP TO A FEW TO GET THINGS DONE.3/28 PARK REOPENED AFTER A LOT OF WORK IN GETTING DELCO TO RESURFACE PARK THE MULCH IS WORKING GREAT AFTER RAIN ON MONDAY 4/6 THAT EVENING PARK WAS USABLE WITH NO PROBLEMS.
ADDRESSING THE PITBILL ISSUE WE HAVE A LEAST 8 TO 12 PITBULLS & MIXES THAT USE THE PARK ON A DAILY BASIS AND THERE IS NO PROBLEM WITH THESE DOGS. JUST REMEBER THERE IS NO BAD DOGS ONLY BAD OWNERS
ANYBODY WHO HAD A BAD EXPERENCE WITH DOG PARK TRY IT AGAIN AS OWNERS ARE WONDERFUL PEOPLE AND MOST PART ARE POLICING THE PARK THEMSELVES.
deedee Drexel Hill

Allentown, PA

#13 Apr 7, 2009
Couldn't agree more with #12. With more people comming in spring and summer Hopefully more support for the park.

“Don't Hate Me 'Cause I'm Right”

Since: Dec 08

Upper Darby

#14 Apr 7, 2009
Well it's great to see the county spend half a mil on a f.u.c.k.ing park for dogs. More Delco taxpayers' money well spent. They had to upgrade it once all ready in a year. Keep counting the upgrades, Delco, and you can count your dollars being flushed down the toilet. I'd also like to know who owns/works at the company doing the park renovations, and who they're related to. Hmmmmm...could it be someone in the Judge family? How about McNichol? Miccozie? Who knows? The list of nepotistic family names could go on for pages, and pages in this county. And especially in this town.
deedee Drexel Hill

Allentown, PA

#15 Apr 8, 2009
Oh SeanK get over it and watch your language.
The dog park only improves Upper Darby.
You are nominated for the Idiot of the year award.
Pittie Lover

King Of Prussia, PA

#18 Apr 28, 2009
Doctor Dave01 wrote:
Too Bad!! I see pit bulls being walked around the park area with increasing frequency. Actually, this is no surprise considering how stupid & arrogant some of these pit bull owners are! They are very proud of being macho & are most likely to be involved in drugs as well. I'm sure some of these dog owners are tatooed & body pierced from head to toe. If these attacks continue our dogs will be the biggest losers!
Please remember that it is the fault of the owner/trainer of these dogs.. not the breed. Any dog is capable of attacking another if not socialized correctly. Just because pits are muscular dogs does not mean they are all vicious. Yes, in the wrong hands, they can be dangerous, but so can other smaller, "prettier" breeds, which I will no mention for the sake of the breeds. Please do some research.

By the way, not everyone with tattoos and body peicings and pits are drug addicts. I am a 5'3 125 lb female.

Dontbullyhmybreed.org

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drexel Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Upper Darby schools to Wolf: We need help Sun SJDevenney 1
McDonalds At Bond Shopping Center Drexel Hill (Nov '11) May 25 Holotta Wytrache 25
News Police: 4 charged after N. Phila. vigil turns v... May 23 Eno Otu 2
Upper Darby to vote on name change to "Pale Hell" (Jan '12) May 4 Nancy 21
Why is there so much hate on this forum? Apr '15 badmoonrising 19
News Man Clogs Toilet With Potatoes Apr '15 DILF 13
News An Upper Darby must Bona Cucina Restaurant (Feb '14) Apr '15 Chris Toal 5
More from around the web

Drexel Hill People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]