Weakley County Sheriff's Department i...

Weakley County Sheriff's Department investigates homicide

There are 37 comments on the Jacksonsun.com story from Oct 20, 2011, titled Weakley County Sheriff's Department investigates homicide. In it, Jacksonsun.com reports that:

The Weakley County Sheriff's Department is investigating the death of 51-year-old Janice Reasons as a homicide.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Jacksonsun.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Family

Halls, TN

#21 Oct 25, 2011
Please stop putting Randy on a pedestal. For those of us who lost Janice by his hands, it isn't easy to read. Please simply post your condolences. We are all confused and hurting right now. There are no sides to take, only loved ones who need your support, your respect, and your prayers.
really

Murray, KY

#22 Oct 25, 2011
randys is at 4-7 wed nite at ronk funeral home in alamo and at 1 thurs at the 1st united methodist church in alamo.
yes "lanieblue"its so hard to understand and yes we just need to remember the fun, most precious times that someone has given us
Family

Halls, TN

#23 Oct 25, 2011
really wrote:
randys is at 4-7 wed nite at ronk funeral home in alamo and at 1 thurs at the 1st united methodist church in alamo.
yes "lanieblue"its so hard to understand and yes we just need to remember the fun, most precious times that someone has given us
It is necessary to remember the good times, but for many of us we can never forget the barbaric last act Randy committed against not only Janice, but against everyone who loved him. There are many-many victims here. We are all left picking up the pieces. Part of me wants to forget, but part of me never wants to forget, because it is forever a part of Janice's legacy.

Randy chose how he would be remembered, but Janice didn't have voice in the matter. This murder is the most selfish act I have ever been personally affected by. We love & miss you Janice.
really

Murray, KY

#24 Oct 25, 2011
"family" i wasn't saying anything good or bad in the msg you were referring too. I was just saying to remember the fun, most precious times that "someone" has given us. I knew both janice and randy and havent said not one neg thing. You need to talk to those who have. Randy and Janice will both be missed! Whos starting the "drama" now? You are hun. You should appreciate that people arent slamming them like most people do on topix. Yes, it is a very selfish act, which we can't change so we need to move on, remember the good times about both of them. Your entire has been in our prayers, even tho I don't know you, even you and will continue to be in our prayers. Sorry about your individual loss but everyone lost here that knew them both. I have very much enjoyed topix for a change, with most of the comments on them.
everyone needs to wait

Monterey, TN

#25 Oct 25, 2011
Has the investigation been completed and all the evidence in? Maybe when it is there will be more questions answered and things will make better sense.
Family

Halls, TN

#26 Oct 25, 2011
everyone needs to wait wrote:
Has the investigation been completed and all the evidence in? Maybe when it is there will be more questions answered and things will make better sense.
Yes the investigation is completed, and no it doesn't help it make sense. It was a senseless tragedy, that's why we are all still numb. Everyone who knew them both can't imagine it came to this.
friend of a friend

Monterey, TN

#27 Oct 25, 2011
everyone needs to wait wrote:
Thank you for a pleasant answer. I agree once everything is brought to light it may help with the healing. Both were good people and everyone writting mostly positive statements has helped.
truly

United States

#28 Oct 25, 2011
Hearts are so broken over this. The person you least expect to do something like this. These comments help start the healing process. Randy was nicest person and so thoughtful of other people. We know he would have never done this in the right frame of mind. Prayers to his children and all families and friends. May god bless you.
The Ugly Truth

Newbern, TN

#29 Oct 25, 2011
Bryan wrote:
I told myself I would not post on this. Most of the topix just serves to spread rumors that are untrue and kick those that are already hurting. Tho I'm amazed that the majority of these posts are positive in nature. I would like to correct one. His wife did not take everything he had and leave him with nothing. In fact it was the exact opposite. He walked away and abandoned Everything. I don't expect any of you to understand why because we don't even understand it. I would just like you all to please consider that there are many of us that are hurting very bad right now. If you see people on here posting like they know what happened or why it happened then They are full of shit. The ones that know What exactly happened are extremly hurt and will not be posting our lives on this site. Nobody on the planet understands WHY it happened. Please if you must post on this - PLEASE keep it positive and done cause anymore pain.
I know, I've posted on topics such as this and was told to have some respect. I am always respectful, especially under these circumstances. I did not hear about this until yesterday, when my sister in Texas texted me and asked if I had the obituary. I told her I hadn't checked my email notifications but would get back to her. I had a hard time finding out any details, especially since this happened last week. I guess I live in a cocoon or something, but as a general rule, I just do not watch the news.

I appreciate everyone who helped me find out about my sisters' friend, and for these respectful posts on this forum. 2 of my sisters went to school with Janice, and were just devastated by this event... and the sister who knew Randy had only nice things to say about him.

I hate that this happened, and to both families, you have my most sincere condolences... and may God be with you always.
no name

Lexington, TN

#30 Oct 26, 2011
He was at my undisclosed friends house that night, all day as a matter of fact. They had relations and when I arrived home he jetted out like his ass was on fire and his head was catching!Then there was an ignorant call to 911...look it up.I know the truth, but I am the jilted lover. That's all I will say.
really

Murray, KY

#32 Oct 27, 2011
Well what does it matter if he had relations? Lets not bring out the dirty laundry "no name" have respect for the family. I won't go there with stuff I know "as a matter of fact" lets just continue to pray for family and friends and keep the drama down on this topix posting.
Facts

Cookeville, TN

#33 Oct 27, 2011
If any of you have information, that can be verified, call the Sheriff's Office and speak to them. Alot of what is put on here is B.S. They know about the friend. Any information should be passed on.
Family

Maury City, TN

#34 Oct 27, 2011
The easiest thing to do is lash out at some people on here. Airing dirty laundry or being brutally honest can only cause more pain. There has been enough pain here to last a lifetime. Please don't be the one to cause more pain. Pain is a part of the problem, so please let's not be the one responsible for causing anyone more pain.

Nothing that we do now, or think, can change what has happened. I don't know if I can ever forgive him, but I know I have to try. Me holding onto to my hate and anger for him, can only harm me and my family. The first place I have to get to is to understand that just because I may come forgive Randy, doesn't mean I condone what he did or have to forget it.

Holding in the biterness I feel right now, will only cause me to become bitter. I pray the Lord gives us all enough strength and enough courage to grow to the point where we can forgive. At the moment I don't see how this is possible, but with God ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE. Please pray for me and our family to get there with God's love and with God's grace.

Knowing what I need to do is the easy part, being obidient is harder.

Our family has been so courageous through this entire tragedy. Her children are so strong, so beautiful, and so courageous. Her siblings and her parents have been such examples of how to handle adversity with diginity and pride. We all loved Janice, and just thinking of how she would have been or what she would have said has been our inspiration. Our faith in the Lord has been our shelter. Knowing that Janice knew Jesus, and even though she wasn't perfect, she was forgiven means everything to us right now.

She was always there for any of us. She was always the strong one in times of trials. She always knew just the riht words to say to keep us grounded and on the right course. I can tell you, she is proud of how her family has handled this devistating turn of events. This family is strong, this family is courageous, this family is going to do what Janice would have Expected us to do. Focus on our children, and make sure we give them a happy and healthy childhood.

Our children deserve nothing but the fondest memories, and the best lives we can give them, free of this saddness and bitterness. If we give them anything less, then we haven't been listening to what Janice was trying to teach us, and her life would have been vain. Janice we were listening to you, you did make a difference in my life, sweet dearest beautiful lady.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#35 Oct 27, 2011
no name wrote:
He was at my undisclosed friends house that night, all day as a matter of fact. They had relations and when I arrived home he jetted out like his ass was on fire and his head was catching!Then there was an ignorant call to 911...look it up.I know the truth, but I am the jilted lover. That's all I will say.
whats the matter with u ??? u can NOT look a 911 call unless u have an attorney. ugh !!!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#36 Oct 28, 2011
LilKimber wrote:
<quoted text>
whats the matter with u ??? u can NOT look a 911 call unless u have an attorney. ugh !!!
Actually, just like police reports, personnel files, budget documents, and anything else "on file", it's a matter of public record. However, certain reports and 911 calls may remain withheld from public inspection if connected to something that remains "under investigation" (which is probably what you'd be told if you went looking for info on this incident).

Location hidden

#37 Oct 28, 2011
radionowhere4201 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, just like police reports, personnel files, budget documents, and anything else "on file", it's a matter of public record. However, certain reports and 911 calls may remain withheld from public inspection if connected to something that remains "under investigation" (which is probably what you'd be told if you went looking for info on this incident).
i never did say i was going to look nothing up. i just dont think the person who said look it up knows a dang thing an besides that the investigation IS over copy below

Location hidden

#38 Oct 28, 2011
Yes the investigation is completed, and no it doesn't help it make sense. It was a senseless tragedy, that's why we are all still numb. Everyone who knew them both can't imagine it came to this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dresden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do people take farm animals to the fair? (Aug '13) 28 min Dusty 18
I miss harambe 35 min I heart primates 1
Obama Refuses To Interrupt Vacation Amid Louis... 51 min Anti-Trump Nation 12
Be very careful 1 hr rockytopzz 17
What happen to the thread Mon Bigone 1
Stokers (Feb '16) Aug 21 Nju 5
DHS next head football coach Aug 21 DHS Alum 1

Dresden Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance