Weakley County Sheriff's Department i...

Weakley County Sheriff's Department investigates homicide

There are 37 comments on the Jacksonsun.com story from Oct 20, 2011, titled Weakley County Sheriff's Department investigates homicide. In it, Jacksonsun.com reports that:

The Weakley County Sheriff's Department is investigating the death of 51-year-old Janice Reasons as a homicide.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Jacksonsun.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
curious

Oriskany Falls, NY

#1 Oct 20, 2011
what happened?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#2 Oct 21, 2011
As I understand it, based on media reports, a murder suicide. Victims Janice Reasons and Randy Reasons. I think they lived along Paris Hwy. 54

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#3 Oct 21, 2011
Here's one of the first reports to emerge...

http://www.wcmt.com/viewNews.php...
Seriously

Union City, TN

#4 Oct 21, 2011
Wow this is frightening to read considering I am currently divorcing too and from Dresden. Ladies truly watch ur back. Do not let ur ex or future ex near you if you can help it. Protect urselves as I will too. This is scary and real and was on the same street I just left from. Wow such a small and scary world.
jezzabell

Oriskany Falls, NY

#5 Oct 21, 2011
Seriously wrote:
Wow this is frightening to read considering I am currently divorcing too and from Dresden. Ladies truly watch ur back. Do not let ur ex or future ex near you if you can help it. Protect urselves as I will too. This is scary and real and was on the same street I just left from. Wow such a small and scary world.
what happened tho?
lanieblue

United States

#6 Oct 22, 2011
Be slow to judge. It's easy to think we know all the answers when, in reality, we truly don't have a clue...
really

Murray, KY

#7 Oct 23, 2011
Randy was a great guy. He was put through a lot. Just never knew it would come to this and him feel this was the only way it could be fixed :( murder/suicide....so so sad....you will be missed
curious

Monterey, TN

#8 Oct 23, 2011
A couple of weeks ago I was on my way home from Paris and saw a county deputy on the road in front of their house(i think it's their driveway)going fast enuf he was making dust. I wondered then what was going on and who lived there. Hind sight is 20/20 and you wish you could read the future but by the time the idea of suicide is set in a person's mind it's too late unless you can get them medical help.No one can be to blame. If someone ever threatens it and you hear them you can try to talk them out of it but if there hormones and glands are telling them to do it, only medication get convince them not to.
virgo

United States

#9 Oct 23, 2011
Randy was an amazing, fun, easy going, hard worker who loved his kids and grandkids. None of his family or close friends seen this. We don't know why it came to this. And randy had not lived there in a while. Police even said they had never been called there before. The driveway is shared with another family-non related. Randy always be my friend. Miss you buddy!
really

Murray, KY

#10 Oct 23, 2011
Hey "virgo" very well said. He was great and yea no one seen this coming. If he could've just gotten away from the drama.......
and yes, that drive is shared by other people who own a farm up the hill from his house. Love and miss you randy!!
poultry farmer

Wickliffe, KY

#11 Oct 23, 2011
randy was a great man aswell friend he worked hard for his farm and his house he had alot goin on for himself, his wife took everything he had and left him with nothing no house no income or anything by far i wish he did not take the actions he did but to himself he felt it was the only way to go i wish i would have talked to him one more time before he left us. i love you buddy,
Old friend

United States

#12 Oct 23, 2011
Randy was a good man I hate what he did to Janice and the family of both. My prayer is for both families Randy has helped to save many lives and has worked this scene before as a EMT. Death is never an answer to a problem he had to be in a really bad place because he would have not done this in his right mind. He loved his family and could not see past the present.
virgo

United States

#13 Oct 23, 2011
"Old friend" and everyone who commenting. It helps to hear other people that knew and loved randy. I have great memories of randy. He made everyone laugh with his dry humor. We have to remember when life gets out of control to pray to god to help you. I have asked god to help all of us to understand. He wasn't in his right mind. Yes, pray for kids, grandkids, his family and the reddens. A very sad ending to a wonderful person. Next time you see a stranger..smile and say hello. You never know what's goin on in a persons life.
absolutely

Monterey, TN

#14 Oct 23, 2011
virgo wrote:
"Old friend" and everyone who commenting. It helps to hear other people that knew and loved randy. I have great memories of randy. He made everyone laugh with his dry humor. We have to remember when life gets out of control to pray to god to help you. I have asked god to help all of us to understand. He wasn't in his right mind. Yes, pray for kids, grandkids, his family and the reddens. A very sad ending to a wonderful person. Next time you see a stranger..smile and say hello. You never know what's goin on in a persons life.
you are exactly right!
Bryan

Union City, TN

#15 Oct 23, 2011
I told myself I would not post on this. Most of the topix just serves to spread rumors that are untrue and kick those that are already hurting. Tho I'm amazed that the majority of these posts are positive in nature. I would like to correct one. His wife did not take everything he had and leave him with nothing. In fact it was the exact opposite. He walked away and abandoned Everything. I don't expect any of you to understand why because we don't even understand it. I would just like you all to please consider that there are many of us that are hurting very bad right now. If you see people on here posting like they know what happened or why it happened then They are full of shit. The ones that know What exactly happened are extremly hurt and will not be posting our lives on this site. Nobody on the planet understands WHY it happened. Please if you must post on this - PLEASE keep it positive and done cause anymore pain.
really

Murray, KY

#16 Oct 24, 2011
Hey Bryan, I don't like to see peoples comments either cause its usually trashing people. However, with your mom and step-dad I did have to check topix out so I could do what your doing, correcting the wrong. Sorry about your losses. We will never understand what brings someone to this point of desperation. They will be truly missed and we are continuing to pray for you, your sister and the rest of your family. They will be greatly missed.
really

Murray, KY

#17 Oct 24, 2011
Thank you again "virgo" for your comments!
lanieblue

United States

#18 Oct 24, 2011
Thank the Lord for all of you posting on here about Randy. He was a great person and I'm fast to defend my family. Although a situation that's hard to understand, you never know until you walk in someone's shoes. I do know what kind of man I saw my whole life. Although I wasn't around him all the time, when someone is consistent in his behavior, in a positive way, you remember it. Many are hurting. God be with them all.
wondering

Monterey, TN

#19 Oct 24, 2011
Are there any funeral arrangements?
sad

Benton, AR

#20 Oct 24, 2011
Janice visitation tonight Monday from 5-8. Funeral tomorrow tue at 2. White ranson in union city. Randy visitation wen. And funeral Thursday. At rink in Alamo. Not sure on his times

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dresden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
milf. name them 1 min Blacktool 8
Rulers 15 min Well 2
Be very careful 38 min Lion fan 19
Shut Down The Crooked Clinton Foundation 1 hr just the facts 3
What happen to the thread Mon Bigone 1
Stokers (Feb '16) Aug 21 Nju 5
DHS next head football coach Aug 21 DHS Alum 1

Dresden Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance