No-Kill Shelter Doggies on Death Row ...

No-Kill Shelter Doggies on Death Row closing

Posted in the Dresden Forum

animal advocate

Waco, KY

#1 Jul 18, 2012
The same county where the Saint Bernard puppy was abused by the two clowns levi evans and preston odie. Now the no-kill shelter closing due to non-support, lack of funds and volunteers? Where is everybody in this county?? who is going to stand up and be counted. Be a voice, be proactive. Raise funds, volunteer, donate, foster, adopt, educate, raise hell , demand change, demand justice. DONATE, VOLUNTEER , HELP!

Cookeville, TN

#2 Jul 18, 2012
Amen. 50000 comments bashing Levi and Preston. And no one helping at the shelter. No one! Get off your asses Dresden and go volunteer!
anon

La Vernia, TX

#3 Aug 6, 2012
Many of the local shelters are closing. Even Dburg is in trouble. No one cares. No donations. No help and no support and before all you trolls start...YES I have helped and donated.
People have a different mind set about animals here. I was shocked when I moved here.
Dogs thrown out or dropped off. Disease is rampid. Strays. Wild packs. And no shelters. Sad but true.
private

Cookeville, TN

#4 Aug 6, 2012
there is more to the death row dog pound than meets the eye. they portray it like poor pitiful me, but it's not. if they were getting all the funding they want then they would stay open, they are about $$$$$$$$$$ oh didn't you read the paper $$$$$$$$$$150 and you can get a dog, really if truly wanted to find a good home it would be free. Don't be fooled by the $$$$$$$$$$ signs..... They are money hungry and I am glad they are closing for everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... ..hope to never reopen so they don't burn dogshit in the subdivision anymore everyone is so tired of it. the barking is more than anyone family can endure, so goodbye and i'm sooooooooooooooo glad!!!!!!!!
sam33

Johnson City, TN

#5 Aug 7, 2012
I guess you think they can feed and vet a dog for FREE?yeah right. oh and all the free water used to clean cages, bathe them, and give them water to drink, that's free too????? and the electricity used to be able to heat they cages in the wintertime, cool in the summer and just plain see them, I guess that's free too?Oh yes the dogs and cats should be free, right. that makes sense azzwipe. the vets ask for the same high prices to give shots, spay/neuter as everyone else but then again a shytty pet owner wouldn't know about those prices now would they?DA stands for d$mbazz
sam33

Johnson City, TN

#6 Aug 7, 2012
and these shelters are very important to most of us. This shelter in Dresden needs help but the person running it needs t take suggestions(which she does not do)like new ways to raise money and new avenues of rescue,etc. Instead of listening she says she is closing, then takes in even more dogs and when someone makes a suggestion she blesses them out on her page. The shelter in Henry County didn't appear to even know how to use social media and when they said they were closing people contacted them and sked for pictures of the animals to circulate on FB. etc and they gave NO RESPONSE. I personally would rather see a semi kill shelter than a no kill shelter until this population gets under control with humane PTS of course. There are so many things worse than a shelter death like the death they endure in the hands of the LOCALS like Preston andLevi
No one special

Cookeville, TN

#7 Aug 7, 2012
private wrote:
there is more to the death row dog pound than meets the eye. they portray it like poor pitiful me, but it's not. if they were getting all the funding they want then they would stay open, they are about $$$$$$$$$$ oh didn't you read the paper $$$$$$$$$$150 and you can get a dog, really if truly wanted to find a good home it would be free. Don't be fooled by the $$$$$$$$$$ signs..... They are money hungry and I am glad they are closing for everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... ..hope to never reopen so they don't burn dogshit in the subdivision anymore everyone is so tired of it. the barking is more than anyone family can endure, so goodbye and i'm sooooooooooooooo glad!!!!!!!!
First of all - I am sure you are one of her neighbors and are glad she is closing so you don't have to deal with a shelter in the neighborhood anymore. Secondly, the shelter, any shelter, is all about the money in the sense that you can not feed, house and care for 100 dogs without money to buy the food, build the shelters and pay the vet bills. She did not open the shelter to take everyone's money for adoption fees and get rich. The adoption fees are necessary to recover the costs of paying for the animal care and also to ensure the dogs are going to people who care enough to put out some money for the dog. Things that people get for free are rarely cared for but considered disposable and dogs are not disposable.

I think it's a shame that she is closing but I understand why. It is hard to get volunteers to help, it is hard to raise money for charitable causes. A full size shelter is impossible to run by yourself, without many volunteers. I hope she continues to do the work that I thought was the original purpose of Death Row Doggies-the photographing of the dogs in the city pounds that are likely to be euthanized if owners don't claim the dogs that were captured as strays and the unclaimed strays do not get adopted.
No one special

Cookeville, TN

#8 Aug 7, 2012
sam33 wrote:
and these shelters are very important to most of us. This shelter in Dresden needs help but the person running it needs t take suggestions(which she does not do)like new ways to raise money and new avenues of rescue,etc. Instead of listening she says she is closing, then takes in even more dogs and when someone makes a suggestion she blesses them out on her page. The shelter in Henry County didn't appear to even know how to use social media and when they said they were closing people contacted them and sked for pictures of the animals to circulate on FB. etc and they gave NO RESPONSE. I personally would rather see a semi kill shelter than a no kill shelter until this population gets under control with humane PTS of course. There are so many things worse than a shelter death like the death they endure in the hands of the LOCALS like Preston andLevi
In all reality, the primary difference between a kill shelter and a no-kill shelter is that the no-kill shelters will stop taking in animals once they reach a limit. The animals that are refused entry to a no-kill shelter are likely to end up at a kill shelter, where the only way to make room for new animals is to kill the ones that have been there the longest without getting adopted.
sam33

Johnson City, TN

#9 Aug 7, 2012
No one special wrote:
<quoted text>In all reality, the primary difference between a kill shelter and a no-kill shelter is that the no-kill shelters will stop taking in animals once they reach a limit. The animals that are refused entry to a no-kill shelter are likely to end up at a kill shelter, where the only way to make room for new animals is to kill the ones that have been there the longest without getting adopted.
which is why they are always full.ok just an idea but why not ask the county jail to bring the female inmates to the shelter to work a couple of days a week. is this even possible?
No one special

Cookeville, TN

#10 Aug 7, 2012
sam33 wrote:
<quoted text>which is why they are always full.ok just an idea but why not ask the county jail to bring the female inmates to the shelter to work a couple of days a week. is this even possible?
I think it would be great - and not just women but men too. Problem is, any time the inmates leave the confines of the jail for work duty, someone needs to take responsibility for them if they get injured. The county is requiring a form be signed by people/businesses using inmate labor that accepts responsibility for medical costs incurred by the inmates while out on work detail. Not many places can afford to sign - and also they might not understand what they have signed. But I think if it could somehow be worked out, it would be a great idea for inmates and also people doing community service hours while on probation to help out at the area shelters as it would provide a consistent stream of labor - as opposed to the individuals who find themselves with a free Saturday that they can spend helping at the shelter.
Justice

United States

#11 Sep 19, 2012
PLEASE, everyone be at the Dresden Court House, on November 8, by 9 a.m. for the sentencing of these two criminals, Preston Odle and Levi Evans who tortured and killed the 4 month old puppy. We will be there at 8 a.m., and we are requesting the court yard be full of people standing quietly against animal cruelty. We are standing in favor of the Max. sentence allowed by law which is 2 years behind bars and 3,000 fine...no probation, diversion or community service.

Please be there. Every person counts!
anon

Sparta, TN

#12 Oct 20, 2012
I hope the dog pound closes soon. It is a nusance to all the neighbors around it. In a subdivision of all things. We are so tired of them burning dog fecal matter, the next time and every time after that the cops will be out here so get ready the day of reckoning is coming. And she needs to pay her bills heard she's so far behind she'll never catch up. So maybe they will close her up she uses all the money to keep herself up and not the dogs. Noone wants a dogpound up here. Makes property value plunge and quality of life suck so goodbye and good ridence to the DOG POUND!!!!!!!!!!
6ft7man

United States

#13 Oct 21, 2012
Justice wrote:
PLEASE, everyone be at the Dresden Court House, on November 8, by 9 a.m. for the sentencing of these two criminals, Preston Odle and Levi Evans who tortured and killed the 4 month old puppy. We will be there at 8 a.m., and we are requesting the court yard be full of people standing quietly against animal cruelty. We are standing in favor of the Max. sentence allowed by law which is 2 years behind bars and 3,000 fine...no probation, diversion or community service.
Please be there. Every person counts!
I'll be there for sure and I have several friends who feel the same as we do that have promised they will be there as well. This isnt about teaching them a lesson, this is about making them pay for the crime they commited. I could care less if they learn thier lesson at this point. Its probally pretty safe to say that these two are beyond that being as they have shown no remorse what so ever for what they have done.
6ft7man

United States

#14 Oct 21, 2012
I brought doughnuts last time...lol
Volunteer

Atlanta, TX

#15 Nov 7, 2012
anon wrote:
I hope the dog pound closes soon. It is a nusance to all the neighbors around it. In a subdivision of all things. We are so tired of them burning dog fecal matter, the next time and every time after that the cops will be out here so get ready the day of reckoning is coming. And she needs to pay her bills heard she's so far behind she'll never catch up. So maybe they will close her up she uses all the money to keep herself up and not the dogs. Noone wants a dogpound up here. Makes property value plunge and quality of life suck so goodbye and good ridence to the DOG POUND!!!!!!!!!!
You are a real piece of work. I volunteered for this shelter for a whole year and not ONCE have I seen any one of her complaining neighbors help. You don't know anything about her situation. She is the most selfless woman I have ever met and every cent she has she puts towards the dogs. Instead of complaining why don't you get off your lazy butt and do something productive like donate, volunteer, or try to find the animals' homes. People like you disgust me. And it's not a dog "pound." It is a rescue. So before you go spouting off things about people and situations you don't even know get your facts straight.
Volunteer

Dallas, TX

#16 Nov 8, 2012
anon wrote:
I agree. They should have an ordinance making such places be far away from where people live.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dresden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brittany Lonon Fri Moto 3
Myron Keshia Kandyce Miller Fri methsux 1
FInance Dept. Fri whatwhat 2
Women who breaks into neighbors apt.. Thu staten 3
Rachel Thu Amy 2
Taylor Stafford (Oct '13) May 24 misses 13
Billy nicholas May 24 dawnofthedead 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dresden Mortgages