Jehovah Witnesses of Weakley co and surrounding areas

Posted in the Dresden Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Heart of Stone

Jackson, TN

#1 Mar 9, 2013
Do they really preach what the bible says? or is what they are telling ppl just lies? they have two men in their organization who have been lying to them and deceiving them. So how can they call their selves the true worshippers of GOD?
Heart of Stone

Jackson, TN

#2 Mar 9, 2013
It's funny how these people claim to be godley people and yet they put judgement on everyone. And it has been told that there is a brother from that organization that has a son who is disfellowedshipped. they r not to have anything to do with the ones who are disfellowedshipped and yet this Bro. Norbert Thomas has his son living with him. they eat together they conversate abt the bible together they do everything together. and yet the witnesses say they dont have anything to do with the ones who are disfellowedshipped, and yet one of their one brothers is sinning against god and socializing with the disfellowedshipped person who is his own son.
and the funny part is the one who is disfellowedshipped is pulling a whool over the brothers and sisters eyes his self. he smokes, he abuses his wife and children and he even sleeps with his daughter who is a minor child, So u tell me where in the bible does it say that it is ok for the man to abuse his wife and children? where does it say in the bible that it is ok for a grown man to sleep with his minor daughter? sorry but if these people was a true christian they would not allow this to happen.

“I'll have some FSM...”

Since: Sep 10

with a side order of awesome!

#3 Mar 11, 2013
I have yet to see a religion that is without serious fault and extreme misconceptions.

Saying that...

Just like any other religions institution, it is led by blind faith in an individual or group of "elders" pointing you in the right direction, for fear of eternal damnation. Except, JWs do not believe in HELL and only 144,000 people will actually enter heaven. The rest will spend eternity in a newly "created" or "cleansed" Earth.

In this religion there are 3 possible outcomes.

1) You are selected by god himself and will be part of the 144,00 going to rule/judge with him in heaven. This group is commonly referred to as (The Slave-Class or The Anointed.)

2) You are in good standing with Jehovah and are granted everlasting life on a perfect Earth (This group is most commonly referred to as "The Great Crowd".)

3) You are not in good standing with Jehovah and your punishment will be death with no hope of resurrection or eternal life.

Obviously there is more to it as far as all the religious dogma but, that sums up possible outcomes JWs believe in.

There is a long and twisted history with the religious leaders of this organization that has covered over hideous acts of abuse to save face in the public eye. But then again... many many other religions have done the same thing.
heart of stone

Jackson, TN

#4 Mar 12, 2013
Wat i dony get is y tell some1 if they dont become a Jw they can not see their loved ones?
Sorry but i would rather study wicka/ witchcraft b4 i would ever join a kingdom hall. The witness r evil ppl. And Norbert Thomas and his son Garry Thomas r 2 of the evilest men on this earth.
They will tell u lies after lies abt this organization
10uhsee wrote:
I have yet to see a religion that is without serious fault and extreme misconceptions.
Saying that...
Just like any other religions institution, it is led by blind faith in an individual or group of "elders" pointing you in the right direction, for fear of eternal damnation. Except, JWs do not believe in HELL and only 144,000 people will actually enter heaven. The rest will spend eternity in a newly "created" or "cleansed" Earth.
In this religion there are 3 possible outcomes.
1) You are selected by god himself and will be part of the 144,00 going to rule/judge with him in heaven. This group is commonly referred to as (The Slave-Class or The Anointed.)
2) You are in good standing with Jehovah and are granted everlasting life on a perfect Earth (This group is most commonly referred to as "The Great Crowd".)
3) You are not in good standing with Jehovah and your punishment will be death with no hope of resurrection or eternal life.
Obviously there is more to it as far as all the religious dogma but, that sums up possible outcomes JWs believe in.
There is a long and twisted history with the religious leaders of this organization that has covered over hideous acts of abuse to save face in the public eye. But then again... many many other religions have done the same thing.

“I'll have some FSM...”

#5 Mar 13, 2013
heart of stone wrote:
Wat i dony get is y tell some1 if they dont become a Jw they can not see their loved ones?
Sorry but i would rather study wicka/ witchcraft b4 i would ever join a kingdom hall. The witness r evil ppl. And Norbert Thomas and his son Garry Thomas r 2 of the evilest men on this earth.
<quoted text>
I agree but as I said before, they are not the only one.

The JW's reason is because of its cult-like belief system, they can not risk someone talking common-sense to their followers. This includes someone finding out the many frauds and down right ridicules standings in their belief system. And, sharing that information with others.

A dis-fellowship in the JW religion is very similar to that of "Shunning" something that is done by Amish and Mennonites.

Bible verse at Matthew 5:30 - KJV

"And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell."

**I should also note that the JW's have their own bible known as "The New World Translation" that is only used by them and was "translated" so to speak, by a group of their own people.

That seems to be the most common referenced scripture they use to justify it.

I hope that answers your question.:D

Obviously the logic behind it is flawed. Why wouldn't you want people to be more knowledgeable about their religion and it's history?

Sheep will be sheep.
heart of stone

Jackson, TN

#6 Mar 13, 2013
I dont see y any1 would want to be a JW. They r liers. They cheat on their families. And they r abusive ppl.
Wat kind of person dont believe in heaven or hell?
10uhsee wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree but as I said before, they are not the only one.
The JW's reason is because of its cult-like belief system, they can not risk someone talking common-sense to their followers. This includes someone finding out the many frauds and down right ridicules standings in their belief system. And, sharing that information with others.
A dis-fellowship in the JW religion is very similar to that of "Shunning" something that is done by Amish and Mennonites.
Bible verse at Matthew 5:30 - KJV
"And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell."
**I should also note that the JW's have their own bible known as "The New World Translation" that is only used by them and was "translated" so to speak, by a group of their own people.
That seems to be the most common referenced scripture they use to justify it.
I hope that answers your question.:D
Obviously the logic behind it is flawed. Why wouldn't you want people to be more knowledgeable about their religion and it's history?
Sheep will be sheep.

“I'll have some FSM...”

#7 Mar 13, 2013
heart of stone wrote:
I dont see y any1 would want to be a JW. They r liers. They cheat on their families. And they r abusive ppl.
Wat kind of person dont believe in heaven or hell?
<quoted text>
Well.... I don't believe in heaven or hell.
Lovers Lane

Jackson, TN

#8 Mar 13, 2013
I am not all religious. and when we die we go back to the dirt in which we came. but the witnesses r liers. they tell u if u dont believe in what they believe in that u will never see ur loved ones again. who r the JW's to say who we can or cant see in the after life? The JW's r nothing but evil ppl.
And for the ones who r disfellowedshipped. if u really and truly believed in this cult than why would u had committed the sins u committed if u was a true whorshipper of God? why would u lie and cheat on ur spouces? why would u have sex with a person who is the same sex as u?

U PPL R SO JUDGEMENTAL ON WHAT EVERYONE IN THIS WORLD DOES BUT YET U COMMIT THE SAME SINS AS EVERYONE ELSE. SO WHAT MAKES U BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE ON EARTH?
Only me

Mckenzie, TN

#9 Apr 16, 2013
heart of stone wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is the major cause of men abusing their wife. These abusive men will pick a denomination they know lies by telling women they are equal but then shows they lied when they tell women they cannot do XYZ but men are allowed to XYZ. JW and even the Baptist come to mind first thing. Not many years ago in Texas at a Southern Baptist Convention the leader clearly shouted out that men should beat the hello out of their wife to keep them under control. Those same southern Baptist decided to be more stern with women and fired several million of them from their career jobs leaving them jobless --many lost every penny they had paid in for their retirement. Let me tell you that if you attend any church that puts any category of people down then you are in the wrong church. These abusive men use the ideology of certain denominations to keep their women down at the footstool licking boot. OH --they may cherry pick scripture to prove that the woman is less, in fact they use scripture to prove to women they are the lowest life on earth. But I could cherry pick the bible to say whatever I want it to say too. Yet I am here to tell you God and Jesus did not place the woman in the lowest position on this earth but rather men did that. Men are so jealous of women they use cherry pick scripture to keep them down and out. JW is no exception to this rule. JW is just as sorry as the Southern Baptist and that's that. I researched religion and scripture almost 30 years so I know what I am telling you is the truth. If you ant to be treated as an equal to men then frequent the Episcopal Church, USA.--Just sayin'.
Only me

Mckenzie, TN

#10 Apr 16, 2013
heart of stone wrote:
<quoted text>
Well excuse the hello out of me! Just where does the scripture say only JW will be the only ones in Heaven? I beg to differ in that the scripture clearly says "All" who believe.... And who says Norbert and Gary will be there? I know those men and if there is anybody begging God to send then to hello it is Norbert and Gary. I'm not the judge but I bet you they land in hello because they are evil continually.--Just sayin'.
Only me

Mckenzie, TN

#11 Apr 16, 2013
Lovers Lane wrote:
I am not all religious. and when we die we go back to the dirt in which we came. but the witnesses r liers. they tell u if u dont believe in what they believe in that u will never see ur loved ones again. who r the JW's to say who we can or cant see in the after life? The JW's r nothing but evil ppl.
And for the ones who r disfellowedshipped. if u really and truly believed in this cult than why would u had committed the sins u committed if u was a true whorshipper of God? why would u lie and cheat on ur spouces? why would u have sex with a person who is the same sex as u?
U PPL R SO JUDGEMENTAL ON WHAT EVERYONE IN THIS WORLD DOES BUT YET U COMMIT THE SAME SINS AS EVERYONE ELSE. SO WHAT MAKES U BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE ON EARTH?
Allow me. Your flesh body might very well go back to dirt --depending on how the undertaker prepares your body. But those who experience a flesh death depart from the flesh body and return (their soul) back to the God Almighty whom created the souls. All souls belong to God and at the very moment the soul departs from the flesh it returns to God. To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. Scripture tells us in many places we will indeed see our family and we will know them too. You sound like not only JW but them Southern Baptist also had a hand in brainwashing the heck out of you. Stay away from them two denominations.
faith

United States

#12 Apr 16, 2013
Only me wrote:
<quoted text>Allow me. Your flesh body might very well go back to dirt --depending on how the undertaker prepares your body. But those who experience a flesh death depart from the flesh body and return (their soul) back to the God Almighty whom created the souls. All souls belong to God and at the very moment the soul departs from the flesh it returns to God. To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. Scripture tells us in many places we will indeed see our family and we will know them too. You sound like not only JW but them Southern Baptist also had a hand in brainwashing the heck out of you. Stay away from them two denominations.
I'm southern baptist and there in absolutely no truth in what your saying.. We love our wives and put them on a pedestal bc the bible says a virtuous woman is more precious than rubies.. However there are extremist in all denominations. But As for me and my house we shall love The Lord and love each other... I cannot imagine anyone teaching such doctrine.. That's not in the will of god! I love my wife and the wonderful women in our community and church..

Since: May 12

Union City, TN

#13 Jun 9, 2013
They always coming to the house and i've ran a few off by telling them im pagan but one black guy was very nice and actually didn't judge me and asked me questions about it he was very nice and I would talk to him in a heartbeat again but it tends to get annoying when you say not interested and they keep talking anyways!!

“I'll have some FSM...”

#14 Jun 10, 2013
For anyone interested in JWs... Look up Charles Taz Russell. He was the "inventor" of that religion.

Another thing to look up is all the failed prophecies of the JWs
basket

Dresden, TN

#15 Jun 10, 2013
cry cry cry fuss fuss fuss that's all topix is good for if you want to talk about something then talk about myrtle boseman now she is the talk of the town come on now she no j witness speak up people

“I'll have some FSM...”

#16 Jun 10, 2013
basket wrote:
cry cry cry fuss fuss fuss that's all topix is good for if you want to talk about something then talk about myrtle boseman now she is the talk of the town come on now she no j witness speak up people
Or we can talk about the topic of this forum thread...

I dont know the individual you are talking about but I do know all about JWs.
sky fairies

Dresden, TN

#17 Jun 16, 2013
What makes JW any less valid than any other brand of religion?....you're ALL a bunch of gullible superstitious
idiots

“I'll have some FSM...”

#18 Jun 16, 2013
sky fairies wrote:
What makes JW any less valid than any other brand of religion?....you're ALL a bunch of gullible superstitious
idiots
LOL
topnotch

Columbia, TN

#19 Jun 17, 2013
Have you ever wondered why they visit door to door during the daytime typically Monday thru Friday? If they came by after 5 visiting or on the weekends then ppl might be home.. I think it's a Racket!!
the ex wife

Jackson, TN

#20 Jun 25, 2013
I also know Garry and Norbert Thomas. they just happen to be my ex husband and my ex father in law. Now Garry is an ex JW. who will sit there and play mind games with u just so u will believe what he thinks the Bible should say. Norbert is the same way. Norbert Will tell u that if u dont become a JW u will never see ur mother and father again. he will tell u that only the JW will be part of the 144 thousand. they will tell u that if u dont become 1 of them that u will never live again.(yes I have went to their JW meetings. and I am sorry but I just dont believe in what they believe in. they believe a woman should be seen and not heard. like we dont have a say in the world.
Only me wrote:
<quoted text>
Well excuse the hello out of me! Just where does the scripture say only JW will be the only ones in Heaven? I beg to differ in that the scripture clearly says "All" who believe.... And who says Norbert and Gary will be there? I know those men and if there is anybody begging God to send then to hello it is Norbert and Gary. I'm not the judge but I bet you they land in hello because they are evil continually.--Just sayin'.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dresden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jon kayser (Apr '13) 3 hr curious 2
Richard Clay (Jun '13) 7 hr sarah 3
Ricky Cobb and the Dresden PD..... (Nov '10) Sat Concerned citizen 100
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Tennessee ... (Oct '10) Sat interesting 298
looking for someone who will mow in palmersville Thu Hack man 2
News Two local businesses recognized for hiring drug... (Apr '08) Apr 30 lol 16
Jon Mason rappist Apr 29 Chad Fairchild 38
More from around the web

Dresden People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]