Go to last page| Jump to page:

Greenfield, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

I have internet with them. It isn't very fast, though. I do know that they have some type of new package where it is a lot faster, but it is much more expensive. I have never had any problems trying to reach them. I do not think they are open every day.

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

I had them for a while when I lived in Dresden and was less than impressed
Unless it is your only option, you're better off with DSL
answers

Dresden, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Maybe he forgot to give them them the info they had to have to be able to turn up his speed and never returned the phone messages asking for it
answers

Dresden, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Maybe he never gave them the info they ask him for, they had to have it to turn up his speed they called him many times but he never responed.
Happy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

I have crunet and have had it with the phone co. I am much happier with crunet I never have a problem
Carol

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

I have crunet and they worked on my computer and it works great I wouldn't go back to the phone company for anything I love crunet.
Country Boy

Toone, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Thought I knew somethin bout computers, had cable then Hughesnet & both couldn't deliver, had to constantly restart my router. Decided to try crunet, when they installed they used their laptop & showed me the connection results...very good, they configured my PC and it was pitiful. Hooked up my laptop and it was fabulous, but after putting the router on the network speeds were way down, they had a Netgear dual band that that blazed. Picked one up at Bestbuy in Jackson took it to their store got it configured, left my PC for a tuneup, went home at had all the speed I wanted. The installer told me, but didn't recommend, he had put a battery backup on his router at home and hasn't had to restart it for five years. I picked one up at Mathis Battery in Dresden and my router has been flawless. They did an excellent job on my PC, cleaned out tons of malicious spyware, and put three protection programs on it, one run in background, and I update and scan weekly with the other two since I am a Facebook addict and the freaks on Internet plant their crap on it for you to stumble in it. Happy, happy Internet user!
Country Gal

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Me to! Chris at their store did wonders with my laptop, and their installer (don't remember his name) knows his stuff. He said his son taught him more than he can remember, but hooked my network up first class, sometimes you have to wait, but compared to other services here, it's well worth it for the quality,
Army Guy

Toone, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Got rid of my clunky Dell laptop and Linksys router, picked up a new HP, battery backup & Netgear like Steve the installers'(he's retired Army). Crunet really hooked me up, haven't been this pleased since I redeployed from my last tour in Iraq!
gruntled

Greenfield, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

answers wrote:
Maybe he forgot to give them them the info they had to have to be able to turn up his speed and never returned the phone messages asking for it
Maybe he did. But maybe he gave them his information on Monday and as of today the problem still isn't fixed. All things considered, maybe he's still connecting at .67 which is even less than the basic package he had in the first place.

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Army Guy wrote:
Got rid of my clunky Dell laptop and Linksys router, picked up a new HP, battery backup & Netgear like Steve the installers'(he's retired Army). Crunet really hooked me up, haven't been this pleased since I redeployed from my last tour in Iraq!
Can I ask what your download speeds are with CN?
Army Guy

Kilgore, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

With the newest equip they are starting to install, I'm averaging 5.0 Mbps...I used to have their Motorola canopy and got around 1.2 to 1.5 Mbps. Steve is still working with Motorola to determine the configuration needed to boost speeds to 3 plus Mbps. Also found out taking Facebook chat & video out of startup (they run in background) because they were slowing computer. When I need them I start manually & shut them off when I don't.
Army Guy

Kilgore, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

gruntled wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he did. But maybe he gave them his information on Monday and as of today the problem still isn't fixed. All things considered, maybe he's still connecting at .67 which is even less than the basic package he had in the first place.
When running speed tests don't just look at posted speed, low ping is important, speed is dependent on your network card, router, Ethernet cabling, weather might impact it, the other outside variables are DNS hubs your speed test routes thru then the traffic ping server is handling. Sometimes the ping server people give a lower speed just sell you something!
Steve the Installer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2012

gruntled wrote:
<quoted text>
We are still working with Motorola to obtain correct radio configuration. Their tech data purports max speed settings are 3.0 - 4.0 Mbps for our type of radio. We have obtained only 1.2-1.5 Mbps at 11 locations on our network, we didn't have your router password to login the two times we were in your area over the past ten days to verify max performance at user end. You should get at least the same as others we have verified, to save fuel and time, once we can get correct configuration we will come out to verify. Until then we will undercharge your account by the amount we have collected.

Thanks, Steve .
future customer

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Does crunet have service on travis chapel road? Thankyou
jbb

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Hey
Hey steve can you have more that one computer hooked up on your internet that would run off of the same router?
Atechguy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

future customer wrote:
Does crunet have service on travis chapel road? Thankyou
Its spotty in that area with coverage due to the distance and interference of mother nature...says my spectrum analyzer. You can call and request a survey and they see how fast they can get you where you are...for free. Then let you decide if you want to pay or not. Also they don't overcharge like a monopoly, and if your ever unhappy there is no contract...other places wouldn't make it a day.

Very nice people that have a broad range of skill...they just can't be everywhere at once and when something comes up they get it fixed but a small company will be set back a few days.

Seeing as they are completely wireless and manage all of their infrastructure and a store ... its worth knowing someone may be running late than never. Iver had their service a couple of times and id rather have their expertise. My worst experience was netflix bufferingin peak hours.
Not steve

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

jbb wrote:
Hey
Hey steve can you have more that one computer hooked up on your internet that would run off of the same router?
yes, you plug the equipment into the WAN port of a router and boom. No static information to remember with old protocols like dsl injectors, and mandatory equipment. Their new equipment is the cost of a router but has an amazing potential with their creative commons licensing and linux based platforms. frontiers strict NAT zoning, or anything that denies our limits you.

literally a plug and play device. If not they fix it for no charge even of you mess it up like I did once by accident.

When I lived in memphis I thought this must be a fairy tail...
Drea

Dresden, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

We have CruNet and find it to be the slowest that we've ever had. We cannot play games because they say the connection is too slow. What other option is there here?? I feel like my money is being wasted.
internet

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Verizon now has internet services. It is super fast. Smallest package is $60 for 10GB.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dresden Discussions

Search the Dresden Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Naramore/davenport wedding 29 min mind your on business 4
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 30 min Julia 138,838
New sheriff in town. 35 min WISH 9
Brandy Veazey 1 hr Yep 2
who is the hot milf that walks on the old highw... 1 hr really 4
what's his fetish? mr goode 9 hr miss no it all 2
* About Driving Test (Road Test) in Dresden 10 hr MCT 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Dresden Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000