Woods Cross, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2008

Judged:

I recently had my hair done at Echelon Edge and was pleasantly surpised. I was a little leary about going to a school but everything turned out great. My student was obviously a newer student but her insturct, I think her name was Heather, was very patient and knowledgable. I was so impressed with Heather and her students that I will continue to support this school for years t come.
Debra

Ogden, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2009

I too have recently come across Echelon Edge and i was so shocked to walk in and see that it was a school. Everyone there was very nice. My student seemed new. I could tell he was nervous and he called his instructor over. He introduced himself as James and was so helpful and patient with the student. He put me at ease. I am so impressed with the school and with James and his students, if you're looking for a great hair school I highly recommend Echelon Edge
Nancy

Ogden, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2009

I have been going to Echelon Edge for a few months now. I was in there today and was put with a student who seemed season. Her name was Beth and she had her instructor come over and they both talked to me about what color i was getting done. They keep a record of what you have had done, so the instructor was very kind and introduced himself to me. Well after my color I had my hair styled and the instructor came back over and check it out. He offered me a few suggestions for next time i am in. I was so impressed with how kind the girl was and with her instructor. I know people are nervous with going to a hair school but the students and teachers at Echelon Edge are superb!
Kelcie

Woods Cross, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2009

I love this place! I went in last week and got a hair cut and highlights by a student named Katie. She did a great job and she and her instuctor Heather formulated the perfect color and executed the perfect service. Heather was very patient and knowledgeble as she explained the services to other clients and students working that night too. There was another instructor that I didn't get to work with who was on the ball as well. I'm impressed with the instruction and the skill of all the students. I'm hooked! I will never go any other place again! Plus i'm referring all my friends and family. If you are looking for the best school with the best instruction, go to Echelon Edge!
Kelly

South Jordan, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2009

I came to Echelon Edge on the recommendation of my good friend and client Dora, I was unable to get an appointment with the girl my friend see because she was not there. I asked the receptionist to recommend someone and she sighed and put me on hold. I was a bit bothered, being put on hold and waiting for over 10 min. Finally she came back on the line and said she could get me in. I came in to my appointment and met the stylist named Eric, he seemed really nice. When i showed him what I wanted he basically told me that wouldn't work. He gave me options, I felt like he was forcing me to get something I really didn't want. Fortunately he had to get approval from his instructor. He was a very nice gentleman named James. He introduced himself to me and Eric proceed to tell him what he wanted to do. I told James what I really wanted and he asked me some questions about how much time I took on my hair and said that the cut and color i wanted might involve more time spent on keeping it up. I was up for the challenge. So he had Eric do exactly what I wanted I was so glad he was there. Afterward, James told me exactly what products I needed. I had asked Eric what he was using in my hair and he never mentioned I could purchase them there. I am so glad James was there to help out. I am recommending Echelon Edge to all my friends. Make sure to ask for James he will make you feel at ease and be up front with you. I do however do not recommend Eric. He seemed so put out after James told him to do what I really wanted. Thank you James for saving me from having ugly hair!!
Sally O Mally

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2010

Judged:

Sorry but most of these comments seem fake!
Deb-H

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2010

Judged:

Sally, I agree with you. The favorable posts seem to be "planted" ... probably by people associated with Echelon Edge. Here is a true experience that happened to me on March 13, 2010.
Going to Echelon Edge to get my hair cut was the worst experience of my life. I went there a week ago armed with a magazine and pictures of a hair style I wanted -- a chin-length bob, layer and textured, light bangs and no A-line in the back. I specifically told the girl (B****) that I did not want it shorter in the back than the front. I should have known something was wrong when she cut the length at just below my ear lobe. I asked her, "How short is this going to be?" I was alarmed from the beginning. She assured me it would be the length I wanted. Long story short, I got a cut where the front is nearly the length I wanted with multiple layers but the back is only 1" short!!! I'm still wondering how she arrived at this cut from a chin-length picture. She never showed me what she was doing in the back and the supervisor was there only at the start of the cut and at the end to pass it off. The supervisor didn't even really check my hair by combing through it. She just looked at it and passed the girl off. Also, the supervisor was there when I showed her the picture, so I know she knew what kind of cut I was asking for. The biggest insult was that B**** then pulled the hair down on the sides of my face to show that the length of the cut was the same (not) as the length in the picture, but she never showed me the back. When I got home, I was so upset I cried. I wanted the layered, textured, chin-length bob so it could grow out for the length I wanted for my 40th high school reunion. Now I have a hair cut that is as short as Ellen DeGeneres'. And, no insult to Ellen, but if I wanted a cut that short, I would have brought in a picture asking for it to be cut that short. Also, the layers don't blend. They look chopped and hacked at. As a co-worker of mine said this week, "Who chewed your hair?" And it's true, my hair looks like I was attacked in the night by a hair-eating rodent. It's so short now, the only way to fix this is to let it grow out so it can be corrected over time. The bottom line is that Echelon Edge does not supervise their students, the students don't listen to the patron, and the end result is that you will get the kind of cut the student decides they want to do regardless of what kind of cut you want. My first hint should have been when Bree told me she cut her boyfriend's hair all the time. That said, maybe Bree should consider Barber school instead because she certainly loves to cut ... and cut ... and cut until your hair is practically gone. In summary, don't go to Echelon Edge if you are wanting a good cut and style. The students aren't well supervised and they lack the skills to give a good cut. If you do go, don't expect a certain type of cut. You won't get what you want. You WILL get what ever cut the student can dream up and pass off while they try to convince you that you got the style you asked for. Having to have the hairstyle I ended up with is the most humiliating experiences I have ever had.
Kasey

American Fork, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2010

Judged:

I've recently went into Echelon Edge and was VERY disappointed with there service. I felt the students were running around like in high school, un-supervised, talking about gossip, so inappropriate. The girl I had doing my hair was completely clueless, she might of been brand new, I don't know, but I was scared for my hair. I told her the colors I wanted and she went and got her instructor who then tried to talk me out of it (probably knew the student was incompetent) and acted like it couldn't be done, even though I've got the colors a hundred times at REAL salons. So the girl started, turned my hair bright orange, and then acted like, I told you so, then the instructor came over and tried to fix it, I think she was as incompetent as the new girl, long story short, I will NEVER be going back there and I tell everyone about my horrible experience.
Mandy

Lehi, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2010

I've gone to Echelon Edge and my hair color has turned out great every time. People keep in mind that you are choosingto go to a school to get your hair cut or colored and that it is students who are performing the services at all times, you are letting them practice in you. I say if you want something some perfict and to your liking go to a profesional salon and maybe you wont have those proplems.
Becca Smith

Richfield, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2010

Judged:

I have a sister who is currently a student at echelon edge and all i have to say is you are going to a **SCHOOL** you are putting yourself in the position for them to practice let me remind u they aren't getting paid for the services you get!! If you want a perfect haircut go to a salon not a school that gives a $7 dollar haircut!
Pissed off student

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2011

all I have to say is that the instructor Heather leaving was the worst thing that could ever happen to this school. I currently attend echelon edge and its such a joke now. The instructor Season that is "trying" to replace Heather should just give up. She sucks. This week in theory class were educated on the importance of vibrators....real professional. I have seen more jacked up colors formulated by season. sad that even her 'cutting classes result in the model wearing extensions to hide a terrible hair cut and all of this within the last month. I am glad I got most of my instruction from Heather because she actually knew what she was doing. If I wasnt so close to graduating, I would transfer to another school in an instant.
pissed off student 2

Draper, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2011

I agree with all the comments. Sadly I enrolled and was told things and never got what was promsed. I thought things would change when the owners of the academy opened a salon, its in daybreak ....I actually got to spend time at the salon, which was a disaster. The salon s run by instructors. Needless to say its been the worst time of my life. You pay so much money for an education and they don't deliver. I ended up going to a friend of a friend who helped me learn what I needed to pass my state board and I am working at his salon. If I had to do it again I would go work with a stylist.This school sucks and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The school manager isn't even a stylist. She probably didn't finish cuz this school sucks. And the owners are more worried about where to go on vacation. They don't care.so I hope pat and Jeff are happy with my money so they can go on vacations. No one cares!!! The good news is I am at a Salon where I've learned more.
pissed off student 2

Draper, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2011

Sally O Mally wrote:
Sorry but most of these comments seem fake!
they are fake. I was personally asked to write comments that would make the school sound good. The truth is they are a bad school. They fired 2 of the people that work there for sexual harassment .
sandnev

Draper, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2011

Judged:

pissed off student 2 wrote:
I agree with all the comments. Sadly I enrolled and was told things and never got what was promsed. I thought things would change when the owners of the academy opened a salon, its in daybreak ....I actually got to spend time at the salon, which was a disaster. The salon s run by instructors. Needless to say its been the worst time of my life. You pay so much money for an education and they don't deliver. I ended up going to a friend of a friend who helped me learn what I needed to pass my state board and I am working at his salon. If I had to do it again I would go work with a stylist.This school sucks and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The school manager isn't even a stylist. She probably didn't finish cuz this school sucks. And the owners are more worried about where to go on vacation. They don't care.so I hope pat and Jeff are happy with my money so they can go on vacations. No one cares!!! The good news is I am at a Salon where I've learned more.
Finally someone has the balls to tell the truth. My expierience was the same, but sadly I learned the hard way by going to work at 9 Salon. I spent the worst 4 months of my life. The staff lies. The worst is Marcie. She lies about her personal life to make you feel bad. Then Rachel. She is the daughter in law of the owners. So she is always right.everyone else was nice to my face and then I over heard them talking about me. My paychecks were always not right. Fortunately I now work at a Salon in sandy where the owners and managers believe in you instead of looking at you with dollar signs
pissed off student

West Jordan, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2011

Judged:

Worst time of my life, worst education ever, I would never go back even if they paid me, owners are a joke, mentors are the worst, they are seriously the worst school ever, don't go!
very unsatisfied student

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2011

Judged:

I currently go to echelon and boy are they the best liars I have ever seen they use our student money for who know what because there is never any product and just today and several times before they ran out of the color I needed for a service while I was in the middle of it. The instructors are amazing but totally overwhelmed because the school is to cheap to hire more people so when you do have them come check they have to rush on to the next person. They never run the air conditioner so the school is a nice and toasty 82 poor clients! They still won't realease my school funds they owe me and keep coming up with crappy excuses as to why. If you want to be totally taken advantage of and only be seen as a dollar sign be my guest. Don't waste your time even looking to go here
Miss A

Draper, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2011

I have been a student at Echelon Edge and I have never had a worst education experience. The facility doesn't even have a cleaning crew, floors are never mopped and we are expected to perform Spa Medical Treatments. Our Theory hours are 1 hour long, while other schools take 2-3, and the rest of the time we have is to take "clients". We are pawns used on making making the school money...we were not even able to perform Laser treatments on clients for the lack of a Physician being hired. Botox education is also failed for the same reason and the Instructors are not even certified or educated on Makeup or eyelash extensions. Which are ALL part of our curriculum. Most girls have graduated without Laser, Botox and makeup experience (including tattoo laser removal). THE SCHOOL IS CURRENTLY UNDER INVESTIGATION FOR PELL GRANT FRAUD!!! NOT RECOMMENDED!!!!!!!!!!
HORRIBLE

Falls Church, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2011

Judged:

This is the worst school in the state. Don't waste your time even taking a tour. The school is a joke. The facilty looks nice on the outside, but the inside is falling apart. The financial aide is a joke and administration is terrible. You will not get a quality education! There never is enough product to perform adequate services. This is probably because the owners order product for the school and take that product to their salon! DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND STAY AWAY FROM THIS SCHOOL! RESEARCH OTHER SCHOOLS! THIS SCHOOL IS PATHETIC AND HAD NO MONEY TO BUY PRODUCTS OF MAINTAIN EQUIPMENT!
Very Unhappy Student

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2011

First of all, I have been attending Echelon Edge for 2 years. These past couple of months have been horrible. It seems as though the school is going under and trying to take all of us students down with her. When I signed up for school the school's director Wendy made it seem like the school was very innovative and proactive so originally I was very excited to attend..but six months after I started I couldn't stand being here. For my 15000 dollar tuition the only item of value I received in my student kit was the shears, that are probably worth $200. Everything else broke. My blow dryer, my flat iron that of course was "high quality" was probably used for a month and broke. I understand these things happen, but everyone else's broke too and we have had to pay out of our own pocket to replace. The mentors for the most part are satisfactory but could be better. They are always preaching to the students about how important it is to continue education but most of them have never done anything past when they were in hair school, and I seriously wonder if any of them have even worked in a salon. The owners are something else. Jeff is friendly and interacts with the students, Pat acts like she is too important to have a conversation with and then gets up and speaks about the students at their graduation like she has known them for years. How could she ever get to know the students when she is NEVER HERE. I probably see her once a month..if that. There is never enough product and we are constantly running out of color. I am embarrassed to be trying to form a clientele here. It is very overpriced for a school and we don't even give free styles with a haircut...my clients leave with dripping wet hair. I would not recommend this school to anyone. I am upset I have wasted 2 years of my life and $15,000 dollars plus on an inadequate education.
Anonymous

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2011

Wow I just looked at Facebook and saw majority of the staff at bars drinking, beer everywhere. It's so embarrassing my mom is the one who showed me that.. Even the main ladies that run the front desk .. I'm almost ashamed to be there .. I have had some good education but have found favoritism and rudeness from Wendy who works upstairs .. She has made comments about how she was annoyed my friend that graduated from Cosmo early and is about to graduate from esthetics in the time her contract from. Cosmo is. I have talked to many people and we like the teachers on the floor but have found it hard to get along with anyone else everyone says that!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Draper Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
methadone withdrawal (Jul '11) Aug 24 Fay 28
gary wayne jasper penn Aug 19 miss jasper 1
Message for Jason Chavetz. Aug 17 Patrick Lilley 1
Woman in critical condition after ingesting cle... Aug 14 Dickys is castrated 1
Debate: Marijuana - Sandy, UT (Jan '11) Aug 12 jonporter 21
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Sandy (Nov '13) Jul '14 Kuh 15
Review: Crossroads Fitness (Jul '10) Jul '14 Lauren 10

Search the Draper Forum:
•••
•••