undecided

Clarksville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2011

Hmmm.....who to vote for? Fox or Hawkins. Tomorrow is the big day, still undecided, both sides bashing the other. I really dont want to hear it anymore, just tell me what YOUR plans are for Mecklenburg County!!!
I think the " Mecklenburg 10" may be hurting Hawkins chances because all they do is bash Fox. They are out for blood and may get the opposite! They should let Fox's record stand for itself and help Hawkins by getting the word out on the good Hawkins will do for Mecklenburg.

So whats up with the rumors I have heard about Norman Wagstaff not living within the district he is running for? Thought you had to live in that particular district? Supposedly he gave his late fathers address as his own? Could be a rumor....could be TRUE.
Rowdy Roddy Piper

White Stone, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2011

Well, let's take a look at the pros and cons of Danny Fox. Danny has done a good job, in my opinion. He has the experience, the background, the understanding of the job. He's still a young man with the potential of being in the job for many more years, which gives the county a sense of stability. That's the pros. The cons. He's not afraid to use (or abuse) his authority. He ridded his dept. of 10 deputies for, maybe, good reason. Maybe not, we don't know. BUT!!! He did it when it was PERSONALLY convenient for himself, not for the good of the county. If they were not good officers for the past several years he should have gotten rid of them then, NOT after he was re-elected. It's a matter of integrety. To wait until after the election was a personal matter NOT a personnel matter. Next con. If you have 10 openly disgruntled people out of 60 staff members it's safe to say you have atleast half that many non vocal, disgruntled staff. So, 15 of 60 is one fourth of your staff. You don't solve problems by getting rid of those who voice their frustration. You fix the problem by FIXING THE DARN PROBLEM! This is just an opinion and may be totally wrong. But Danny lost this election based on the wholesale firing of 4 years ago. Again, my opinion, but I think Danny was let go by the same thought pattern he used when he fired those officers. Personal. It's a shame but I think it's true. What goes around does in deed come around. We lost a good Sheriff, let's hope we get another good sheriff.
look

Greenbelt, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2012

Judged:

Looks like we got a better sheriff. Doing good things in short order.Time will tell but he is off to a good start.
zip

White Stone, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2012

Judged:

undecided wrote:
Hmmm.....who to vote for? Fox or Hawkins. Tomorrow is the big day, still undecided, both sides bashing the other. I really dont want to hear it anymore, just tell me what YOUR plans are for Mecklenburg County!!!
I think the " Mecklenburg 10" may be hurting Hawkins chances because all they do is bash Fox. They are out for blood and may get the opposite! They should let Fox's record stand for itself and help Hawkins by getting the word out on the good Hawkins will do for Mecklenburg.
So whats up with the rumors I have heard about Norman Wagstaff not living within the district he is running for? Thought you had to live in that particular district? Supposedly he gave his late fathers address as his own? Could be a rumor....could be TRUE.
If it was hard for you to make your mind up you are a dummy.I didn't hear anyone bash fox. All I heard was facts. Guess the truth hurts.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Drakes Branch Discussions

Search the Drakes Branch Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Jul 15 Billy Bob 2,548
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) May '14 Nitty Gritty 1 1,356
Title Pawn/Loan Mistake? (Dec '13) May '14 Curious 3
VA Missing Va. Girl Alive, Man In Custody (Dec '10) Apr '14 Jim 1,433
Where is the best place to apply for a car loan? (Dec '13) Mar '14 mikethom 3
UBUNTU 7.10 USERS can you please do this and te... (Dec '13) Dec '13 moditavepaw 2
I need $$ fast!? (Dec '13) Dec '13 gipesecepuqa 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Drakes Branch Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Drakes Branch People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE