Estes Park School District R-3 finances flatten, costs increase

There are 6 comments on the Apr 2, 2013, Estes Park Trail-Gazette story titled Estes Park School District R-3 finances flatten, costs increase. In it, Estes Park Trail-Gazette reports that:

Estes Park may be home to the Rockies, but when it comes to school finances, the territory is decidedly flat.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Estes Park Trail-Gazette.

How are

Broomfield, CO

#1 Apr 2, 2013
those Ipads working out for every student in the Middle and High schools? And the $200,000+ video system that will merely record a video of someone that comes in shooting?? They are already starting their sob story so they can hit up the taxpayers again. BUT--they spend with NO regard to the taxpayers--
Sell

Estes Park, CO

#2 Apr 3, 2013
the old elementary school. That takes care of your 700,000.00+ deficit.
Queen

Estes Park, CO

#3 Apr 3, 2013
Sell wrote:
the old elementary school. That takes care of your 700,000.00+ deficit.
Linda Chapman allowed that building go to rack and ruin but if anything can be salvaged great. If not then the land alone, now that the fairgrounds (50 feet away) is getting a facelift, is worth at least $700,000.00. Why has it taken 8 years to figure this out? If only that building could talk.
Give Me A Break

United States

#4 Apr 3, 2013
Have Dave Hallbreaker open up "Big Gay Dave's Gay Animal Farm" and charge admission to all the people who hate Dave and even by donating 10% to the school, it will more than make up this deficit on opening day.
I would not

Estes Park, CO

#5 Apr 3, 2013
mind paying extra taxes for the school district if I actually saw positive results coming out of EP. Yes there are a few shining stars but overall this district is mediocre at best, wasting taxpayer money, scandals, graduating students that are not qualified just pushing them through the system, graduates that must take remediation classes in order to get into college, overpaid superintendents and administrators for 1300 students (was at 5000 in 2003) and declining every year, bullying beyond compare (ethnic problems), etc. No thank you Mr. Hickey...your propaganda will not work for me.
Oh my

Broomfield, CO

#6 Apr 3, 2013
goodness "I would not"!! So extremely well said!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colorado fetal homicide bill mired in familiar,... Apr 19 Elise Gingerich 1
Why is it so difficult for some poeple to stop ... Mar 28 Longmont Resident 4
News Longmont musician seriously injured in car acci... Mar 28 Longmont Resident 1
News November is national home care and hospice month Nov '14 Calvin James 1
News Estes Park trustee candidate's comments on fore... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Oh and Churlie 20
News Estes Park trustee candidate's comments on fore... (Mar '14) Mar '14 I know 11
News United Way's SBR Fund to distribute $234,000 to... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Exsqueeze me 1
More from around the web

Drake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]