The pros and cons on the Pro-Challenge

Full story: Estes Park Trail-Gazette

A handful of business owners along the route of the USA Pro Challenge as it passes through Estes Park in Stage Six of the bike race are concerned it will crater their businesses for that day costing them thousands of dollars.
Comments
21 - 24 of 24 Comments Last updated Aug 26, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Richard Tekulve

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Gee, I should have read all of the negative comments first before I wrote 'my' first comment. I haven't heard or read this much complaining and whining in quite some time and it's ALL about X amount of dollars that were lost for several hours of inconvenience.
If that piddling amount of money that you all supposedly lost is going to hurt you that badly then you may be in the wrong business my friends.
I think the Town did a marvelous job of handling the logistics of the race event for the first time out on something of this magnitude.
They did their best and that speaks well to me.
Take a closer look

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Richard Tekulve wrote:
This is for all of you business people who got "killed" by the lack of business for several hours on the 24th - look at the bright side will ya? We finally got many of our roads patched and painted. If that's what it takes to maintain our roads around here then let's have more of these national coverage events!
What's good for Estes Park is good for all of us in the long run.
The roads were NOT patched, all they did was go around and mark potholes and cracks with paint so the riders would see them in advance, the state did paint the lines in the road ahead, but they do that every year bike race or not, and do you have a business that lost thousands of dollars because of road closures that lasted for closer to 5 or 6 hours, not just a couple of hours, get a clue Richard.
It was

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

HellonWheels wrote:
I thought it was funny that the shop owner listed multiple instances where his business was disrupted for extended periods of time presumably for over two hours. Yet when the former president George H. W. Bush came to town it just killed him for the two hours that the street was shut down. I think we just need to figure out a way to blame this all on him too. Everything else wrong in this world is his fault right?
George W. Bush who came to town, not George H. W. Bush, and they didn't shut down all incoming roads and all roads in town either. Facts are helpful when making a statement.
But this

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Trial by fire wrote:
An event of this magnitude, and the complete failure in the management by Frank L, the town trustees, and just the god awful decision to handle this the way it was, just shines a huge, giant, bright, spotlight on the incompetent, inept town board, and their inability to make good decisions, and yes even the "fuming" mayor.
How does a cast of such incompetent leadership figures compensate for the staggering losses incurred by all these business owners and disappointed citizens?
is Estes Park. The home of (my opinion only but is fact based) incompetent town officials and school boards who drive their own agendas without true (not just show) stakeholder input, embezzlement and loyalty to ones own self, manipulation of rules and laws and regimes that tear down all community trust is the norm. If a big bull elk, doe, cow or stag are not poached or shot with arrows they should be on the next school board and mayor/town trustee ballots. They are efficient, consistent, reliable, predictable, can get along with others in the herd (all that antler jousting is just sport) and people (who are not stupid enough to roust them during the rut) and they are the true money makers.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Drake Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Drake Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••