How A Patient's Suicide Changed A Doctor's Approach To Guns

Mar 20, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: wunc.org

Dr. Frank Dumont holds a gift from a patient who committed suicide with a gun. In hindsight, Dumont sees it as a farewell from the man who was one of his favorite patients.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4

Since: Nov 09

Newnan, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Maybe patients should start asking doctors what kind of cars they drive? Do they use their seatbelts all the time? Do they speed? One of my doctors years ago was killed in an accident because he was speeding and not wearing his seat belt. Maybe I should have done more as a patient. Or maybe this guy was going to be a victim of his own actions no matter what anyone did. As a patient it is none of my buisness what kind of car any of my doctors drive or how fast they drive just like it is none of my doctors buisness how many guns if any I own
Molon Labe

Gloucester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

So, the patient gets depressed, goes to his car in his garage, turns on the engine and proceeds to commit suicide via CO poisoning. Does that means Doctors should talk about running cars in garages?

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Antigun, communist trash. Old people don't commit suicide because of the availability of guns, they kill themselves because they're old and dieing.

What do you think of a medical doctor who brainwashes people into becoming hoplophobes and or gun phobes ? What do you think of a medical doctor who spreads mental fear and mental hype, who creates phobias in his patients ? Can you imagine going to your doctor and his prescription actually makes you worse ? That's what this doctor does.

You know why this old man committed suicide ? Because his doctor infected him, that's why.

Oh yea, more people are killed by doctors than by guns. And this doctor is the proof.

Want some good medical advice ? If you value your life, avoid Dr. Frank Dumont.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

I can't wait till a doctor looks in a patients eyes and with an understanding voice asks ,
are you planning to walk across any bridges?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Drake Discussions

Search the Drake Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses convention to inject $14 mi... (Jun '11) Jul 7 Larry 310
Franklin County Sheriff Dane Anthony completes ... (May '10) Jul 4 anonymous 7
Review: Lockett Tax Debt Center Jun 24 Anonymous 2
Farmers' Market back in Estes Park for the summer Jun '14 Walt Hester Caint Spell 1
Review: Allegiant Electric Jun '14 Jennifer Logan 1
RH Line calls printed June 9, 2014 Jun '14 Benjamin Spock 1
CO Colorado Primary Election August 10: Will you v... (Aug '10) Apr '14 paula baby 30
•••
•••
•••
Drake Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Drake Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••