Stanley Hotel to host 'Great Roads to...

Stanley Hotel to host 'Great Roads to Great Chefs'

There are 10 comments on the Estes Park Trail-Gazette story from Dec 27, 2013, titled Stanley Hotel to host 'Great Roads to Great Chefs'. In it, Estes Park Trail-Gazette reports that:

The historic Stanley Hotel in Estes Park will host "Great Roads to Great Chefs" beginning in January 2014.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Estes Park Trail-Gazette.

How Can

Denver, CO

#1 Dec 28, 2013
A bunch of Chef's cooking meals that most people can't pronounce, yet alone probably can't afford, make Estes Park a vibrant, year round community? Since we have another editorial with an un-named author, maybe Walt Hester can explain this happening, since he is credited with the picture.
Walt

Fort Collins, CO

#2 Dec 28, 2013
Hester don't know squat.......
How Can wrote:
A bunch of Chef's cooking meals that most people can't pronounce, yet alone probably can't afford, make Estes Park a vibrant, year round community? Since we have another editorial with an un-named author, maybe Walt Hester can explain this happening, since he is credited with the picture.
The Stanley alone can

United States

#3 Dec 29, 2013
save Estes Park from the year-round blues. The Stanley for years wasn't even open in the winter, now Baby Jon Culligan is going to lie and lie some more and tell everyone how great the Stanley has been doing. All he needs to do is cover the parking lot, because we can all see how many cars are parked there, which ain't as many as Baby Jon claims, so maybe all those winter visitors are travelling by camel or magic carpet.

HA_HA_HA, what a joke. Mebbe the Stanley could start publishing a winter supplement in the Trailer Gazette about all the things they are doing to save their adopted town to death.
EP Resident

Littleton, CO

#4 Dec 29, 2013
How Can wrote:
Get some culture. Enjoy something new!
How Can

Denver, CO

#5 Dec 29, 2013
EP Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Get some culture. Enjoy something new!
Get some culture? Try something new? My family was in the restaurant business for 40+years, one being catering manager for a major hotel chain, another owning a major chain of restaurants in the eastern US. You can't tell me about culture. Been there done that. And you? Have a great day!
Estes Park resident

Denver, CO

#6 Dec 30, 2013
How Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Get some culture? Try something new? My family was in the restaurant business for 40+years, one being catering manager for a major hotel chain, another owning a major chain of restaurants in the eastern US. You can't tell me about culture. Been there done that. And you? Have a great day!
I am not sure I understand your logic regarding fine dining. It appears the Stanley is attempting to make the hotel and the area a destination spot for people. All tourists will enjoy the park. Are you not in favor of having certain people come to our community? Fine dining in Estes Park is not available. What do we offer? Ma and Pa resturants and tee-shirt shops! Let's make our town and amenities attractive to all.
Jake

Denver, CO

#7 Dec 30, 2013
Estes Park resident wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not sure I understand your logic regarding fine dining. It appears the Stanley is attempting to make the hotel and the area a destination spot for people. All tourists will enjoy the park. Are you not in favor of having certain people come to our community? Fine dining in Estes Park is not available. What do we offer? Ma and Pa resturants and tee-shirt shops! Let's make our town and amenities attractive to all.
You do have a very valid point. However I would ask you, do you consider The Twin Owls Steakhouse. Orlando's, The Crags, Nicky's, and others whose names don't come to mind Ma and Pa restaurants? True, we do have them but all of Estes is not composed of Ma and Pa diners only. I do encourage all peope to come to Estes Park. Judging by your statement "are you not in favor of having certain people come to our community" I would ask you "are you IN FAVOR of having certain people come to our community?"
straight shooter

Aurora, CO

#8 Jan 1, 2014
Estes Park resident wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be new here!!!!
EP Resident

Englewood, CO

#9 Jan 5, 2014
Jake wrote:
<quoted text>
You do have a very valid point. However I would ask you, do you consider The Twin Owls Steakhouse. Orlando's, The Crags, Nicky's, and others whose names don't come to mind Ma and Pa restaurants? True, we do have them but all of Estes is not composed of Ma and Pa diners only. I do encourage all peope to come to Estes Park. Judging by your statement "are you not in favor of having certain people come to our community" I would ask you "are you IN FAVOR of having certain people come to our community?"
Jake I am favor of having all come to see one of the most Magnificat park in the USA. As a resident of EP I believe that amenities for all social economic people should be provided by all types of business. I just don't see that down the main street of town nor understand why people are opposed to various levels of business. EP will never be a Vail or similar type town because geographically it is not the same. I am in favor of the wellness center for a number of reasons, the above is just one.
EP Resident

Englewood, CO

#10 Jan 5, 2014
straight shooter wrote:
<quoted text> You must be new here!!!!
No +20 years. Just an honest an honest appraisal

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Estes Park trustee candidate's comments on fore... (Mar '14) Aug 3 Alejandrojoaquin110 21
is Longmont a good place to move (Nov '10) Aug 3 Alejandrojoaquin110 18
Feelings gone too far for mom Jul '17 Logan191998 1
Rex Douglas Jul '17 Interested in info 1
Does Longmont Actually Have A Ghetto Side? (Feb '10) Jun '17 Transplant 5
Cody Duttom (Apr '16) Jun '17 Anonymous 3
D l bleik reaper (Feb '17) Feb '17 Brandy trujillo 2

Drake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Drake Mortgages