Town hires towing firm despite worker...

Town hires towing firm despite worker's history

There are 18 comments on the The Sun story from Jun 24, 2007, titled Town hires towing firm despite worker's history. In it, The Sun reports that:

“Christopher's Towing meets all the requirements of the bid conditions.”

Go ahead. Town officials are banking on it. With an average of 750 vehicles towed in Chelmsford every year, Town Manager Paul Cohen urged selectmen last month to consider a revenue-enhancing system -- one tow ... via The Sun

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Sun.

Disgusted

Dracut, MA

#1 Jul 3, 2007
Terrible....Chelmsford doesn't care about public safety.
happy with service

Salem, MA

#2 Dec 13, 2007
my wife got towed by them this week and we where very happy with the service and would call them again maybe people should ask if they ever made a mistake !!!!
horrible

Reading, MA

#3 Jun 26, 2008
They are THE worst
Sharon

Lowell, MA

#4 Nov 28, 2008
Has anyone seen that poor woman at the last couple of selectmen meetings who had her car unwillingly towed by Christophers and ended up losing it?

Are there any other horror stories out there? I also heard that he trolls the streets of Lowell towing cars from parking lots when he's not even called.
good job

Gloucester, MA

#5 Nov 30, 2008
We had to use his service and found them very helpful.
Keep up the good work.
I saw those mettings

Newburyport, MA

#6 Jan 16, 2009
Sharon wrote:
Has anyone seen that poor woman at the last couple of selectmen meetings who had her car unwillingly towed by Christophers and ended up losing it?
Are there any other horror stories out there? I also heard that he trolls the streets of Lowell towing cars from parking lots when he's not even called.
I saw those meetings and if you watched them she was the one who requested there service and it had nothing to do with the town of the police contract and from what they said her car was totaled in the crash my father allways told me there are 2 sides to every story
Former Resident

Galeton, PA

#7 Feb 12, 2009
I saw those mettings wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw those meetings and if you watched them she was the one who requested there service and it had nothing to do with the town of the police contract and from what they said her car was totaled in the crash my father allways told me there are 2 sides to every story
The other side of the story . I know that Nurse, She went before the town Selectmen twice, This Co has called her stupid, and worse. She's not stupid, A long time Head Nurse, She knows when she's been hustled ! And she's not done yet!
Stunned

Lowell, MA

#8 May 30, 2009
The owner of Christopher's Towing..Almost Committed Rape...This guy should be banned from towing forever... His employees are ready to take there own lives...
Jimbo

Lowell, MA

#9 May 30, 2009
I worked for another Lowell Towing Company and My Chains fell off my ramp...I seen Christopher's going in the opposite direction.. I turned around to get my chains and they were gone...Ummm Wonder were they went??? Christopher and his crew are thiefs!!!
Chain of fools

Boston, MA

#10 Jun 2, 2009
Jimbo wrote:
I worked for another Lowell Towing Company and My Chains fell off my ramp...I seen Christopher's going in the opposite direction.. I turned around to get my chains and they were gone...Ummm Wonder were they went??? Christopher and his crew are thiefs!!!
If your chains were lying out in the street; they were fair game. They could have been grabbed by anyone. I had a small oriental rug fall out the back of my truck once, when moving. I stopped as soon as I saw it happen; but not before someone driving by stopped first. I lost the rug and I wouldn't call it theft. I would call it a misfortune.

If I saw a chain in the road I would stop and grab it. Anything of any value lying in the road unattended is fair game; those are the rules.....
lowell guy

West Hartford, CT

#11 Jun 3, 2009
the state allows a max of 90.00 per tow; that includes 1 hour of wrecker while working. If the town of Chelmsford is taking $40.00 per tow, where is this thief making up his 90.00 dollars plus! Lets see; he always goes to every tow with 2 trucks, charges crazy amounts of money for, nothing but air. And if your body shop or garage wants to get your car, he wont let you on his property to recover the car unless a proof of insurance is provided. Who pays? customers and insurance companies. The town of Chelmsford is guilty of allowing this company to commit theft,
llowell or life

Foxboro, MA

#12 Jun 17, 2009
Jimbo wrote:
the company you work for can't be happy with you, not securing your equipment, lost your chains thru your own stupidity, looosa!
llowell or life

Foxboro, MA

#13 Jun 17, 2009
Jimbo wrote:
Hey Jimbo what a man you are making those comments and hiding behind a false name, since Christophers does business with most Lowell Tow Co. how come none of the owners said anything about "missing chains" could it be your making this up because you did not get the contract. It's already been proven that Chris had a competng
co. send people to the selectmans meeting and file false complaints.
JOE

Foxboro, MA

#14 Jun 17, 2009
Christopher's help me out when other companys wouldn't.
BIG_FAN_OF_CHRIS TOPHERS

Harrison, NJ

#15 Jun 30, 2010
christopher's towing is the best service in town! they have great value, great service, and i wouldn't call anyone else!
jerry springer

Dracut, MA

#16 Jul 1, 2010
Stunned wrote:
The owner of Christopher's Towing..Almost Committed Rape...This guy should be banned from towing forever... His employees are ready to take there own lives...
about "almost committed rape and then stopped"

where u dating him?
Crystal

Merrimack, NH

#17 Aug 9, 2014
In fact Christopher's is the worst, all the positive comments r from him and his limited family, he goes out of his way to get vehicles, HENCH he has no contract with the city of Lowell AT ALL, he goes on other tow companies property takes pics to try and discredit them, he has been told by the TOWN OF CHEMSFORD, NOT to have female customers ride in his trucks alone due to his history of RAPE, this is a fact, there is not one body shop, mech shop and dealer that enjoys doing business with this band of theifs stay away FAR AWAY OF THIS COMPANY, 1st hand experience
Anonymous

Lowell, MA

#18 Feb 17, 2015
Christopher is the WORST. When I had to deal with him he SCREAMED at me every time I would call with a question. He made me feel very uncomfortable and even called and threatened me. I had to have his number blocked from calling me, as he was calling me at work threatening me. Not to mention, him and the rest of his drivers tail gait me (and others) out on the road with their little flashing lights going; do they really think I'm going to pull over for a tow truck driver to get by? HA. Dangerous.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dracut Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you remember???? (Jun '08) 9 hr Bob KA-58 18,385
chelmsford does NOT need to have urban characte... Wed Wondering 2
Can someone fill me in about these loud planes... Tue Motorcycle Rider 2
planes flying around here in chelmsford Nov 21 bills 1
woman mauled by pitbull in lowel (Apr '11) Nov 20 Kmos 5
News Trial set for three Haverhill cops accused of c... (Mar '11) Nov 16 Nonya buzness 2
very nervous about 40B affordable housing Nov 15 fieldhockey 1

Dracut Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dracut Mortgages