Do you remember????
Sla

Lowell, MA

#18652 Jan 28, 2014
Florida Retiree wrote:
<quoted text>
It was Signore Pizza and before that there was a Pewter Pot there, they both sucked too!
LMAO.
S-B-A

Dracut, MA

#18653 Jan 28, 2014
Jabba wrote:
Here's one that not many of you will remember, Blue Dot Candy Shop. I don't remember what street it was on but it was in centralville
bridge st.
S-B-A

Dracut, MA

#18654 Jan 29, 2014
I Remember wrote:
Does anyone remember the guy that dressed up as a woman in the 80's. Used to hang around downtown? I think they called him/her Carmen?
Last name was Charbboneau
Lady In Dracut

Amesbury, MA

#18655 Feb 3, 2014
thank you Florida Retiree. this is what people from Dracut said about the Lo Kai. Before that was The Pewter Pot, Before Pewter Pot was the Signor Pizza then they split the building before that it was the Chariot Ice Cream owned by Henry Demers.
Hope that answers everyones question about the Lo Kai.
I use to like the Pewter Pot in Lowell. I use to get english muffins with a pot of tea
Lady In Dracut

Amesbury, MA

#18656 Feb 3, 2014
S-B-A wrote:
<quoted text> Last name was Charbboneau
I remember Carmen back in 1979 and 1980. She use to have her hair done at Lowell Academy.
she also went by the name Debbie. I heard she got beat up alot and took off to Lawrence but that part is hear say.
She was a nice person when you were nice to her.
Florida Retiree

Largo, FL

#18657 Feb 8, 2014
Does any one know where EX-Mayor Murphy's picture is hanging??
Sla

Lowell, MA

#18658 Feb 9, 2014
Florida Retiree wrote:
Does any one know where EX-Mayor Murphy's picture is hanging??

In the bathroom..
discusbabe

Washington, DC

#18659 Feb 19, 2014
Highland Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha, The Celeb, I remember. The was a strip joint over by Fury's Bar by the westside gym, do you remember the name ?
3 copper men.
varnum 560

Lawrence, MA

#18660 Mar 11, 2014
Does anyone know who owned the Cosmo on Market Street? SLA if you are still around I am sure you do ...
Thanks
varnum 560

Lawrence, MA

#18661 Mar 11, 2014
Lady in Dracut wrote:
Does anyone remember what the Lo Kai in Dracut was before?
The Lo Kai used to be a place called Senor Pizza which was pretty good from what I remember
Betty

Mena, AR

#18662 Mar 12, 2014
I remember the little Ferris wheel ride at the Giant store. anyone else?
K_Murphy

United States

#18663 Mar 14, 2014
George B Murphy Jr was my great grandpa. He was an amazing man and is missed very much.
DBrousseau

Bedford, NH

#18664 Mar 15, 2014
Anyone remember a store called Bon Marche? http://forgottennewengland.com/2012/03/06/rem...
Sla

Lowell, MA

#18665 Mar 15, 2014
varnum 560 wrote:
Does anyone know who owned the Cosmo on Market Street? SLA if you are still around I am sure you do ...
Thanks

I'm not sure.
But was told Byron Volakis owned it.
Florida Retiree

Largo, FL

#18666 Mar 17, 2014
varnum 560 wrote:
Thanks
For crying out loud, the Cosmo has been closed since Lassie was a pup and you want to know who owned it ? You are as bad as the one who asked who remembers the Bon Marche' if you lived in Lowell for a day you HAD to know about the Dept. Store! Are you people on leave from some mental hospital or what?? I can't believe the posts on here!!!
varnum 560

Lawrence, MA

#18667 Mar 18, 2014
Florida Retiree wrote:
<quoted text>
For crying out loud, the Cosmo has been closed since Lassie was a pup and you want to know who owned it ? You are as bad as the one who asked who remembers the Bon Marche' if you lived in Lowell for a day you HAD to know about the Dept. Store! Are you people on leave from some mental hospital or what?? I can't believe the posts on here!!!
FR I have a good reason for wanting to know who the owner was so if anyone does remember that would be helpful...Lets just leave it at that ..
By the way what is this Bon Marche' you speak of? Next thing you will be telling us is that there was a place called Cherry and Web too ...LOL
Thanks
Florida Retiree

Largo, FL

#18668 Mar 19, 2014
varnum 560 wrote:
<quoted text>
FR I have a good reason for wanting to know who the owner was so if anyone does remember that would be helpful...Lets just leave it at that ..
By the way what is this Bon Marche' you speak of? Next thing you will be telling us is that there was a place called Cherry and Web too ...LOL
Thanks
Well, you never did find out, did you? Here is a tip go to the Registry of Deeds if you know what that is and then ask to look the address up. That way you won't be on here asking questions like who was Lassie's Daddy??

No surprise you don't know about the Bon Marche' either. Get a hold of Bob and maybe you two can meet for lunch at Elliott's if you both can figure out where it is, LOL.......
varnum 560

Lawrence, MA

#18669 Mar 19, 2014
Sla wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure.
But was told Byron Volakis owned it.
Thanks SLA I appreciate your help
Sammigirl

Danielson, CT

#18670 Mar 25, 2014
Mc cords lunch counter, palmers, the Strand, newtons beauty shop and my first job...the Mark 5 on Middle street!
Florida Retiree

Largo, FL

#18671 Mar 25, 2014
Sammigirl wrote:
Mc cords lunch counter, palmers, the Strand, newtons beauty shop and my first job...the Mark 5 on Middle street!
What did you at the Mark V?

As I recall, it was considered a dive, if it's the place I am thinking of?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dracut Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
High on Crack Street (Aug '08) Thu Gin 152
News Sheehan leaves job as Westford's assistant town... (Mar '10) May 26 townsendite 51
mazmatrix (Jun '08) May 26 MazaHas 755
News Ten charged in Lowell gang raids; weapons, drug... (Jul '08) May 26 MazaHas 667
LiFe span May 26 MazaHas 4
News Give him a can of spray paint -- he'll give you... (Jul '09) May 26 audreyrivera 16
Freedom of Thought, Belief and Religion May 24 Wondering 46
More from around the web

Dracut People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]