Sla

Lowell, MA

#18146 Jan 18, 2013
Florida Retiree wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't know you were a bump & grind kinda gal??
Yes, I agree it was a great place and I bet a lot people met their mate there as well.
Janet must have been the girl who could bump and grind better then Elvis,
Sla

Lowell, MA

#18147 Jan 18, 2013
Dave Arsenault wrote:
Do you remember The Commodore Ballroom back in the mid 60's whem Little John & The Sherwodds was the house band and the opening act for so many famous groups of that era. I was the original drummer for he band until Feb 1966 when I got drafted into the army. Had such great times back then and got to meet so many legendary artist of those days. So sad that I'ts not there anymore and now just a parking garage.
Did you live on Fletcher St.?
Florida Retiree

Largo, FL

#18148 Jan 18, 2013
Janet Simard DiLisio wrote:
<quoted text>Loved that place,,had a lot of fun times there.
Janet have you been John's Pass lately? I may be heading up to Hudson for Fried Clams and Scallops soon.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#18149 Jan 18, 2013
Dave Arsenault wrote:
Do you remember The Commodore Ballroom back in the mid 60's whem Little John & The Sherwodds was the house band and the opening act for so many famous groups of that era. I was the original drummer for he band until Feb 1966 when I got drafted into the army. Had such great times back then and got to meet so many legendary artist of those days. So sad that I'ts not there anymore and now just a parking garage.
http://www.oneilmg.com/john/historytext.html
I saw a lot of those bands there. Some of them are still touring and play Disney World in the spring. Last time I was there I saw Jay Black & Chubby Checker. It was fun.
Tony

Danvers, MA

#18150 Jan 18, 2013
Dave Arsenault wrote:
Dave,

That brings back so many memories. I played with a Lowell band that opened for you guys on Tuesday nights. Our bass player and you're bass player were brothers (Barry and Gary). The Cobblestones were a bunch of Lowell High guys. I got to know Ronnie (drummer after you) a little bit. But what I remember most is using the Sherwood's Showman amps and they were 2 feet in back of my head. They were so freekin' loud I thought the top of my head was going to come off. Talk about power!! But I loved it. Nice memories and great times.
Dwntnworker

Lowell, MA

#18151 Jan 19, 2013
We also had the BC Restaurant, Blakes Ice Cream, Brighams, The Dutch Tea Room, The Press Club, Liggets, The Epicure, Wood Abbott Jewelers, Kent and Scott Jewelers, Bykes Jewelry, Jerrys Army/Navy store, Martin Clothes, McQuades, The Childrens Shoppe, Mary Jane Hats, Pariseau, Big "L" Drugstore(where Mambo Grille now is)Lady Grace, Pollards, a jeans place I cant remember the name (help)but I believe started with "Mr." Also we had Celebration (womans clothing) Rickys Dog House (owned by Al Lenzi, Lenzis Catering)Lemkins Womans Clothing, Maxwell House Restaurant, Palmer Restaurant (both on Palmer St)Princes Stationary, Dennis Office Supply, Sarres Luggage Shop... I guess I could go on forever...
Florida Retiree

Largo, FL

#18152 Jan 19, 2013
Mr. Al's & Mr. Tux
Sla

Lowell, MA

#18153 Jan 19, 2013
Mr. blue jeans .lol.

Since: Jan 12

Lowell, MA

#18154 Jan 19, 2013
Mr. O's
Sla

Lowell, MA

#18155 Jan 20, 2013
You are cordially invited to the Ray Lewis retirement party.
Given by Tom Brady and company at Foxboro stadium .
This evening.
Florida Retiree

Largo, FL

#18156 Jan 20, 2013
Sla wrote:
You are cordially invited to the Ray Lewis retirement party.
Given by Tom Brady and company at Foxboro stadium .
This evening.

I can't make it, we are invited to dinner in Washington to be a part of the great celebration.
Sla

Lowell, MA

#18157 Jan 20, 2013
Florida Retiree wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't make it, we are invited to dinner in Washington to be a part of the great celebration.
Are they opening another Elliot's hot dog stand. lol.
Sla

Lowell, MA

#18158 Jan 20, 2013
Sla wrote:
<quoted text>
Are they opening another Elliot's hot dog stand. lol.
Will you be sitting next to Bob McKay.
Lawtens in Lawrence is for sale.
If you put up h 89k . I'll run it and send you your share each month. lol.
Florida Retiree

Largo, FL

#18159 Jan 22, 2013
Travis the chimp wrote:
Mr. O's
You and your group of misfits ruined this site for us, why do you insist on keep coming back here, we all left because the demeaning and nonsensical comments you made to us.

Just stay away and let us enjoy ourselves, PLEASE!

Since: Jan 12

Lowell, MA

#18160 Jan 22, 2013
Florida Retiree wrote:
<quoted text>
You and your group of misfits ruined this site for us, why do you insist on keep coming back here, we all left because the demeaning and nonsensical comments you made to us.
Just stay away and let us enjoy ourselves, PLEASE!
NOT!! Since when do you own this forum? It's for all who wish to discuss Lowell's past. Not for discussing how many shots of JWR you've downed tonight or where you ate your last "lobstah". I will continue to call out ignorance and buffoonery. Why don't you start your own forum where you can carry on your affairs with the other buffoons rather than subjecting us to it.
Sla

Lowell, MA

#18161 Jan 23, 2013
Travis the chimp wrote:
<quoted text>NOT!! Since when do you own this forum? It's for all who wish to discuss Lowell's past. Not for discussing how many shots of JWR you've downed tonight or where you ate your last "lobstah". I will continue to call out ignorance and buffoonery. Why don't you start your own forum where you can carry on your affairs with the other buffoons rather than subjecting us to it.
You know shit about Lowell.
All you do is start crap. Most likely because you Mom And Dad.
Did not bring you up right.
And you never had any friends.
Because you were and still are a moron and a misfit,
And are having flash backs from all the LSD you took.
Florida Retiree

Largo, FL

#18162 Jan 23, 2013
Travis the chimp wrote:
<quoted text>NOT!! Since when do you own this forum? It's for all who wish to discuss Lowell's past. Not for discussing how many shots of JWR you've downed tonight or where you ate your last "lobstah". I will continue to call out ignorance and buffoonery. Why don't you start your own forum where you can carry on your affairs with the other buffoons rather than subjecting us to it.

I don't think for one minute that I own this forum, myself and the others WHO ARE MY FRIENDS enjoy what each ofus has to say and we all had a wonderful time till YOU and the other misfits started posting your stupid remarks. WHY DON'T YOU START YOUR OWN FOOLISH FORUM AND CALL IT "FOOLS OF AMERICA"!
Prince Charles

San Francisco, CA

#18165 Jan 24, 2013
If I might be so bold in saying. This is my take on the situation. The Florida Retiree becomes bored and posts an inflammatory remark to lure the low life Sla out from under his rock. Which he almost always succeeds in doing. He does this under the guise of blaming others for his own stupidity. I can see right through his ploy. I must say there's something quite strange going on between Florida Retiree and Sla which I haven't been able to pinpoint. I've noticed they have made quite the fools of themselves on the political threads as well.
Florida Retiree

Largo, FL

#18166 Jan 24, 2013
Prince Charles wrote:
If I might be so bold in saying. This is my take on the situation. The Florida Retiree becomes bored and posts an inflammatory remark to lure the low life Sla out from under his rock. Which he almost always succeeds in doing. He does this under the guise of blaming others for his own stupidity. I can see right through his ploy. I must say there's something quite strange going on between Florida Retiree and Sla which I haven't been able to pinpoint. I've noticed they have made quite the fools of themselves on the political threads as well.
You are almost correct, the only thing going on between Sla and my self is that we are a couple of the normal people on here. We are not like the screwball monkey and his misfit friends that only post crazy remarks in order to disrupt this discussion on Lowell.

So figure that out Shelock!
Sla

Lowell, MA

#18167 Jan 24, 2013
Prince Charles wrote:
Prince Charles.
How's your Grandma doing.
I bet your wife left you for someone else, She just could no longer
put up with those ears.
Now go feed the chimp his bananas ,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dracut Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mafia in Billerica? (Sep '09) 3 hr Dawn Pasquale 32
Freedom of Thought, Belief and Religion Sun Lightbearer 45
Billerica crim,e 70s 80s 90s (Jul '08) Apr 25 Melissa Perez 343
lowell crime stories as remebered by residents (Jul '08) Apr 21 ajs7421 716
Review: Acculocity Inc Apr 17 endworkslavery 1
Where are Lowell's most haunted places? (Jun '08) Apr 17 Tony Stark 827
News Teen hurt in fall at abandoned Lowell mill (Sep '09) Mar '15 Peter PumpkinEater 275
More from around the web

Dracut People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]