Backtalk: 12/28/2010

Backtalk: 12/28/2010

There are 4 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Dec 28, 2010, titled Backtalk: 12/28/2010. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

STUCK PAYING: When my fleet of trucks leaves our small business to go to a job, we need to have inspection stickers in place, as we are at the mercy of patrol in every town we travel through.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

DEAR STUCK PAYING

Framingham, MA

#1 Dec 28, 2010
It is just your tax dollars either way. If they inspect, if they get fined, etc, who is going to pay? The taxpayers. All State and local vehicles should be exempt from all state and local taxes, it is just us paying them.
Frustrated Lowell Employe

Dracut, MA

#2 Dec 28, 2010
How is it that School Comittee member Mr. Leahy's wife can weild power to have an employee walk-ed off her job, and be on administrative suspension indefinitely? Mrs Leahy failed to fullfill her commitment to a fundraiser, and when spoken to by the libary assistant who had to step up and set it up, words were exchanged. Mrs. Leahy commented "I'll have her job" Who is she? And why is only one person being penalized?
nudge over

East Hampton, CT

#3 Dec 28, 2010
DEAR STUCK PAYING wrote:
It is just your tax dollars either way. If they inspect, if they get fined, etc, who is going to pay? The taxpayers. All State and local vehicles should be exempt from all state and local taxes, it is just us paying them.
Municipal vehicles that don't get inspected are in need of repair. Trucks are especially dangerous when their brakes fail; a recent example of this is a city truck in Boston that crashed into someone's home. RMV inspections save lives.
lhs mom

Tyngsboro, MA

#4 Dec 28, 2010
Frustrated Lowell Employe wrote:
How is it that School Comittee member Mr. Leahy's wife can weild power to have an employee walk-ed off her job, and be on administrative suspension indefinitely? Mrs Leahy failed to fullfill her commitment to a fundraiser, and when spoken to by the libary assistant who had to step up and set it up, words were exchanged. Mrs. Leahy commented "I'll have her job" Who is she? And why is only one person being penalized?
What are you babbling on about?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dracut Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you remember???? (Jun '08) 11 hr Highlands Guy 18,012
I am outraged with this town manager!!!!! 13 hr 64patricia 1
Chelmsford recycling bins 13 hr 64patricia 1
Billerica crim,e 70s 80s 90s (Jul '08) Aug 28 Dave 368
News Prostitution sweep nets at least nine arrests i... (Aug '09) Aug 24 fred 269
lowell crime stories as remebered by residents (Jul '08) Aug 22 Lowell 765
why do girls lie about being pregnant? (Apr '09) Aug 18 truthhurts 26

Dracut Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dracut Mortgages