Courtroom drama as Darezzo is sentenced

Full story: Lowell Sun

Moments after a judge slammed Stephen Darezzo with a state prison sentence for driving drunk and killing a pedestrian in a 2006 motor vehicle homicide case, drama erupted in Lowell Superior Court on Friday as the 51-year-old Dracut man slumped to the floor and one of Darezzo's relatives struggled to breathe as she suffered an asthma attack.
Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Jul 9, 2013
person

AOL

#1 Mar 20, 2009
sad
so sad

Windham, NH

#2 Mar 21, 2009
does he think there was no drama in the comtois family. i don't think he got enough time. and anyone can put on a show like that. for someone to say he didn't do it and then say sorry, what's up with that. the nightmare will never end for the family, but his will be over in 2 years when he walks out of prison to have another beer. and that is the sad part.
eyeonyou

Lowell, MA

#3 Mar 21, 2009
How sad for the family of the women killed ..the drunk driver only gets 2-5 years while they get a life sentence of not having thier mother, wife, sister....the driver is pathatic and should suffer for the rest of his misearble life.
The laws must be changed if you drink you drive you kill then life for the driver should be life in prison or better yet a southern prison with hard labor not a county jail with 4 squares and room and board....God Bless The Victims family.
wow

Ipswich, MA

#4 Mar 21, 2009
His famiy was overcome because he won't be with them for a few years, which with good behavior proabably won't even be that long.

The Comtois family got a life sentence. The famiy's behavior was selfish and a slap in the face of the Comtois family. Save the dramatics for people who care!!!
mj-j

Biddeford, ME

#6 Mar 21, 2009
what! 3-5 now ive heard it all, sounds like he got away with murder he did use his car,and that is a weapon!
mike

Gardner, MA

#7 Jul 9, 2013
Mr darezzo is a good man who made a MISTAKE you idiots, it god forbid could happen to anyone!!! Maybe that idiot shouldnt have been jay walking
You are the idiot

Peabody, MA

#8 Jul 9, 2013
mike wrote:
Mr darezzo is a good man who made a MISTAKE you idiots, it god forbid could happen to anyone!!! Maybe that idiot shouldnt have been jay walking
You're blaming the victim for Mr. D'Arezzo's bad conduct? You are the idiot! You're probably a drunk driver too, is my guess, or why else would you be defending the criminal.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dracut Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you remember???? (Jun '08) 23 hr 50s cruisin 17,795
Low Frequency Hum - Industrial Noise? (Mar '10) Sat Lacarmencitasd 47
Moonlite Reader Adult store (Feb '12) Fri Eric Paone 11
Billerica crim,e 70s 80s 90s (Jul '08) Aug 27 GiovanniTheGreat 335
Massachusetts' ballot is stacked for voters Aug 24 Jtn 1
Fireworks? Aug 23 alicew234 1
lowell crime stories as remebered by residents (Jul '08) Aug 23 Ur worst nightmare 672
•••

Dracut News Video

•••
•••

Dracut Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Dracut People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••