launching a battle

Full story: Lowell Sun 352
Signs warn the public not to use the boat ramp by Club Fleur-de-Lis at Long Pond on the Dracut-Tyngsboro line. Full Story
First Prev
of 18
Next Last
Pam

Burlington, MA

#1 Jul 23, 2010
No wonder why the places is dying off !! Way to go Gail !!
signed off

Morrisville, VT

#2 Jul 23, 2010
Meredith is not only going to lose her case, but she will lose members to her snobby club....This woman is beyond ignorant!
really

Peabody, MA

#3 Jul 23, 2010
How neighborly, Really Gail, canít you just let families enjoy the lake?
CRPS

Pleasanton, CA

#4 Jul 23, 2010
Just wondering who built, and paid for the boat ramp? I just don't see how this is a hard thing to resolve. If the town said it was public property back in the 80's, how did it all of a sudden become her property? There's something not being told here. I always thought that towns could take certain parts of water boardering property as eminent domain for conservational, or emergency purposes... Honestly, this does sound like she is just doing it to make a buck at the residents expense. Yea, I can see where they feel extorted.
Horrible

Lowell, MA

#6 Jul 23, 2010
She sounds like a nut case. lol
Get over yourself Gail.
red

Merrifield, VA

#7 Jul 23, 2010
That pond is a scum hole anyway!I would just launch my boat there anyway, what is she going to do. And lol I almost laughed my self to death too funny! She does look like a flaming B and miserable you know what, and how can a business survive when angering the hole surrounding community? she's dumb also.
pepperell resident

Hollis, NH

#8 Jul 23, 2010
?
Nice neighbor

Lowell, MA

#10 Jul 23, 2010
Let's see you own a club in a residential area, you can

A: Present a welcoming image, be supportive of the neighbors and the town and in turn, increase business

B: Be a bitter obstructionist and put up fences, yell at neighbors and get eveyone mad at you.

HHHMMMM what to do..........
Sully

Waltham, MA

#11 Jul 23, 2010
I wouldn't describe this place a snobby, 1st take a look at the owner and I get more of a white trash townie feel.
KAH

AOL

#13 Jul 23, 2010
Bet'cha if there's ever an accident over there ie. a drowning or persons injured on "her" property, she'd be cryin' that she doesn't legally own it and would not be held responsible...can't have it both ways......she just wants the ramp for all her family and friends...
GAIL MEREDITH

Tyngsboro, MA

#14 Jul 23, 2010
First of all, please let me say that this reporter Erin Smith cannot get a story straight if our lives depended on it. There is a list of 6 not 120 who is allowed to use the club boat ramp. I never would make an elderly person cry. EVER. Of course I told Erin Smith my side, of course she wrote LIES for her story to look good. She interviewd a person with no water rights, Jay Dionne is a menace on the pond with his boat, he has no respect for anyone on or in the water. Why didnt you check on how many times the police were called for his wrecklessness, or ask a neighbor about him. BTW, he has a boat launch at his house. As far as Heather Manderville, she doesnt even own property here, nor the house she lives in has no deeded water rights. Why didnt you print the facts Erin, why? My liquor license is a private club as we have been for 102 years. You also failed to report how Tyngsboro signed a document in 1968 saying they will not "interfere" with the club. Freedom of the press? ok, ERIN SMITH your a half ass reporter, the picture of me is actually, me looking at the ridiculous, hideous, looking photographer in her safari outfit. so may I say, ERIN SMITH, YOU NEED TO FIND A NEW CAREER
FOR YOU CANNOT SUCK ENOUGH AS A REPORTER, YOU WILL NEVER MAKE IT. WHAT YOU WROTE IS NOT ALL THE FACTS. AND UNLESS YOU START DOING THAT, YOU WILL BE NOTHING BUT A FLY BY NIGHT FOR THE LOWELL SUN. I KNEW I WASTED TIME TELLING MY SIDE. BUT THANKS FOR THE FREE ADVERTISING!!!
Local

Lowell, MA

#15 Jul 23, 2010
This article is horribly written and inaccurate. I say this because I know all parties involved and the reporter has left out a bunch of information, including:

Gail allowed the ENTIRE parking lot to be shut down and gave complete access to the emergency crews the day that little boy drowned,

The Club has been open for 102 years,

The so-called paper road next to George Mahoney's house is all rocks, giving no access to anyone, ever.

Etc etc etc.
society girl

Chelsea, MA

#16 Jul 23, 2010
Wow....who to believe?
Booyah

Boston, MA

#17 Jul 23, 2010
I wouldn't call it free advertisement...More like bad press...and no not even bad press is good press. Not in a million years would I go to your establishment now and I am sure the majority of the people will agree....Not sure where you get off thinking you've just inherited the right to do such a thing. Unbelievable. Can't wait for the city to crack down on you and I will be there everyday with my boat just because I can and I don't even live close!
Just Me

Milton, MA

#18 Jul 23, 2010
GAIL MEREDITH wrote:
First of all, please let me say that this reporter Erin Smith cannot get a story straight if our lives depended on it. There is a list of 6 not 120 who is allowed to use the club boat ramp. I never would make an elderly person cry. EVER. Of course I told Erin Smith my side, of course she wrote LIES for her story to look good. She interviewd a person with no water rights, Jay Dionne is a menace on the pond with his boat, he has no respect for anyone on or in the water. Why didnt you check on how many times the police were called for his wrecklessness, or ask a neighbor about him. BTW, he has a boat launch at his house. As far as Heather Manderville, she doesnt even own property here, nor the house she lives in has no deeded water rights. Why didnt you print the facts Erin, why? My liquor license is a private club as we have been for 102 years. You also failed to report how Tyngsboro signed a document in 1968 saying they will not "interfere" with the club. Freedom of the press? ok, ERIN SMITH your a half ass reporter, the picture of me is actually, me looking at the ridiculous, hideous, looking photographer in her safari outfit. so may I say, ERIN SMITH, YOU NEED TO FIND A NEW CAREER
FOR YOU CANNOT SUCK ENOUGH AS A REPORTER, YOU WILL NEVER MAKE IT. WHAT YOU WROTE IS NOT ALL THE FACTS. AND UNLESS YOU START DOING THAT, YOU WILL BE NOTHING BUT A FLY BY NIGHT FOR THE LOWELL SUN. I KNEW I WASTED TIME TELLING MY SIDE. BUT THANKS FOR THE FREE ADVERTISING!!!
Your club is White Trash, always has been, the reason I know is cuz its the place we would go to get served when we were underage with one of your "members"...LOL your a joke...
Please

Pleasanton, CA

#19 Jul 23, 2010
Local wrote:
This article is horribly written and inaccurate. I say this because I know all parties involved and the reporter has left out a bunch of information, including:
Gail allowed the ENTIRE parking lot to be shut down and gave complete access to the emergency crews the day that little boy drowned,
The Club has been open for 102 years,
The so-called paper road next to George Mahoney's house is all rocks, giving no access to anyone, ever.
Etc etc etc.
Did she allow the WHOLE parking lot the day the boy drowned?!?? WOW! What a samaritan. That shows she's a great human being. Letting the emergency crews use HER parking lot to try and save a life, how big of her.
Townie

Everett, MA

#20 Jul 23, 2010
Way to go Gail, you must need the $100 real bad, I've been in that hole of a club and you obviousley don't make that in a day from your 5 regulars at the bar. Maybe if you were nicer to your neighbors they would become members which could lead to some of there friends becoming members ... Maybe you should leave the hole for a while and go to Lake Mascuppic boat ramp ... it's pretty packed, people are having a great time and the Boathouse loves to welcome them for a nice cold drink.
Townie

Everett, MA

#22 Jul 23, 2010
Please wrote:
<quoted text>
Did she allow the WHOLE parking lot the day the boy drowned?!?? WOW! What a samaritan. That shows she's a great human being. Letting the emergency crews use HER parking lot to try and save a life, how big of her.
Really button up your shirt .. your heart if falling out
Local

Lowell, MA

#23 Jul 23, 2010
Please wrote:
<quoted text>
Were any other Pond property owners letting emergency crews go on their lawns or use their yards to get on the water and try to save the boy? I don't think so. Sounds to me like you, and everyone else reading this article, are buying into the bias the writer and the Lowell Sun are putting forth. If the article were about you or someone you knew, I bet you'd feel a little differently and want everyone to know the entire truth as well.
Please

Pleasanton, CA

#24 Jul 23, 2010
Townie wrote:
<quoted text>
Really button up your shirt .. your heart if falling out
It's rediculous, isn't it? To even have to mention that is tacky.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dracut Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you remember???? (Jun '08) 40 min FRDR 17,804
Should an uninsured driver from NH be allowed t... (Aug '08) Sep 14 nhsnwboarder 101
High-profile lawyer to defend local mom in sex ... (Apr '08) Sep 14 vikky 15
Section 8 Fraud (Sep '08) Sep 12 Tony Stark 316
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) Sep 11 whimmersmith 4,702
lowell crime stories as remebered by residents (Jul '08) Sep 11 former Lowell ... 673
Lowell woman indicted in ID thefts (Jun '09) Sep 5 sameoltricks 69
•••

Dracut News Video

•••
•••

Dracut Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Dracut People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••