11 alleged 'johns' nabbed in Lowell sting

Full story: Lowell Sun

That girl walking the streets around Armory Park in the Lower Highlands on Saturday night wasn't a prostitute, and if you pulled up thinking she was, you landed in handcuffs pretty quickly.
Comments
81 - 100 of 118 Comments Last updated Dec 7, 2012
Brian L

Lowell, MA

#88 Jun 6, 2008
out-of-towner wrote:
> Detective Lt. Jim Hodgdon said police occasionally target johns instead
> of the prostitutes themselves to help keep potential clients from coming
> into the city and feeding the sex trade.
Anyone else notice that out of 11 people arrested, 8 of them are from Lowell?
Stop blaming us "out-of-towners" when most of the johns are in fact locals.
That's because Lowellelians get the residency discount so you should see more of them (plus we share a line of coke with them)...out-of-towners pay teh full premium and don't even get the line...suckers!
idiot

Amesbury, MA

#91 Jun 6, 2008
you cannot regulate human behavior
regardless of the MORALS of it, if you legalize it then you have no more street walkers or at least a decrease. also you would help prevent stds/aids. and it would decrease the crimes against women.
you may say what they're doing is wrong but they wont stop it so why not at least make it safer for everyone involved.
the problem in this country is freedom is not real. we disregard all commonsense.
if they wont ever stop doing what they do for whatever reasons they do it, men and women alike. why not HELP THEM PREVENT WHAT WE CAN HELP THEM PREVENT
Biggot

Lowell, MA

#92 Jun 6, 2008
Amary wrote:
I honestly think that what the cops did was great! I applaud them for bring down 11 men, doing something they're not supposed to do. I do not condone infedility.
So what if their wives put out. A women is not always there for sex. A relationship is based on trust, and obviously those men don't believe in trust.
Okay, so those men were looking for sex, only, from hookers...what make you or me think that they wouldn't have the audasity to turn to little kids for sex, once they can't find any hookers?
If you think I'm wrong, please enlighten me.
I think your a slanderer and a hypocrite. I saw someone who i am 90% is a off duty police officer picking up a street women. by the way your children when they grow up might have biggoted people like you suggesting that they might prey on children
I agree except

Lowell, MA

#93 Jun 6, 2008
jack wrote:
<quoted text>
Your a moron they do get bailed out and even if they don't the court will release them the next day they usually only have to pay a fine no jail time involved.When the Johns usually get arrested their names are in the paper and then their family's and friends know and usually won't do it again.Don't put down the police for trying to clean up the streets every bit helps.If you can do a better job than run for office and do something.
Jack i agree with everything you said except the police are not cleaning up the streets buy just setting up sting to bust johns. Sad fact is they rarely will go after the prostitutes or the Drug dealers because, it will hurt the buisness it brings in. They are not looking for the cure, Nor are concerned about the sick among the pure.
idiot

Amesbury, MA

#94 Jun 6, 2008
no one on this board really cares AT ALL

we need a solution to the problem
NOT MORE PROBLEMS WITH THE PROBLEM
I can see inside

Lowell, MA

#95 Jun 6, 2008
The nerve wrote:
<quoted text>
YOu're right on that Amary.
Hey after a long day at working, ya we're all tired, but if husband isn't in the mood, I take it anyway. He certainly doesn't push me away. I always try to make time for us. It's hard when you have teenagers at home also. Sorry, that's just me, I love having sex with my man. Sometimes 4-5 times a week isn't enough, for me.
hehe He calls me a horn ball all the time...
I don't know why these men are saying women/wives don't put out. Men don't realize that woman probably enjoy sex more them they do.
hey nerve if your husband had to be sucessfull for you to marry him. guess what you are hmm thats right. a prostitute. also prostituting marriage seems more disgusting. by reading your comments on both artical pages i do not know why anyone would have sex with you. No matter how you look on the outside. you are repulsive on the inside. maybe your husband never looks inside thats why he does.
idiot

Amesbury, MA

#96 Jun 6, 2008
what if the usa told pregnant woman they had to abort their baby because overpopulating. they would never have the right to allow what happens to a womans body so why can they not decide as an adult what they want to do to it when it comes to selling?
idiot

Amesbury, MA

#97 Jun 6, 2008
Reasons for making it legal and not arresting people and causing more problems

Reason no.1
Instead of ladies hanging out on the streets giving bad examples especially to children, a person could provide a safe, even friendly place to provide the service.

Reason no.2
All the ladies would be protected from pimps who are beaten up because the requested money was not collected. Prostitutes will also be watched over from any other violence and drugs.

Reason no.3
Strict control would be taken over sexual diseases. Legalization would require prostitutes to be medically examined on a regular basis. In the current situation, the rate of STD's in our country is increasing dramatically causing serious, widespread health problems.

Reason no.4
Unwanted pregnancies would be avoided. No more abortions and children put in institutions.

Reason no.5
A woman can legally have sex with multiple partners, however, when it comes to charging her service, the act is illegal. Many people think that this does not make sense at all.
I can see inside

Lowell, MA

#98 Jun 6, 2008
jack wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole point of arresting the Johns is so they won't come back the hooker will be right back on the corner after they post bail.It wasn't a sting to arrest hookers read the article.
Sorry jack but lowell for life is right. their will be plenty of johns alway to come back. their are more of them than hookers. If you arrest the hookers and slap them on the rist the first two times. then bring stiffer penaltys it will stop them from being out on the streets no hookers for johns to run to. and you might say their will be new hookers. sorry dude the johns reproduce alot faster than the hookers.
oh it was sat night

Lowell, MA

#101 Jun 7, 2008
so few comments last night. all the superiorly upright that are so much for shoving the dogs noses in their crap. they all got drunk at some bar and, started talking to maybe former prostitutes, and junkies, and treated them like humanbeings. they treated them this way because they were drunk. but now that they have sobered up. they will treat them like worthless trash again.
Sun Reader

Hudson, NH

#102 Jun 7, 2008
Lowering the Bar wrote:
How many less guys wont be prowling the streets looking for hookers and contributing to street crime once they've read this article.
Eleven.
lol

Since: Sep 07

Lowell

#103 Jun 7, 2008
scaught wrote:
Why pay for sex? Can't these guys do it the old fashioned way and pick drunk chicks at the bar?!
I once went to JJ Boomers (on Pawtucket Blvd) on a Saturday night with some friends and that places is LOADED with drunk older women. You know the kind. Hair sprayed up in the air. Too tight jeans from the 80's and a fondness for Bon Jovi and Motley Crue. Sure they were sort of nasty and very pervy cougars, but they were much better than what I have seen driving down Appleton St.
OMG, I remember the JJ Boomer days...I swear it wasn't me...

Since: Sep 07

Lowell

#104 Jun 7, 2008
scaught wrote:
Why pay for sex? Can't these guys do it the old fashioned way and pick drunk chicks at the bar?!
I once went to JJ Boomers (on Pawtucket Blvd) on a Saturday night with some friends and that places is LOADED with drunk older women. You know the kind. Hair sprayed up in the air. Too tight jeans from the 80's and a fondness for Bon Jovi and Motley Crue. Sure they were sort of nasty and very pervy cougars, but they were much better than what I have seen driving down Appleton St.
Speaking of Boomers, did you ever go to the one in Dracut and every bartender was a friggen *itch. If you didn't have a *ock, you werent likely to get served quickly!

Since: Oct 07

Natick, MA

#106 Jun 9, 2008
Miss_Lakeey wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of Boomers, did you ever go to the one in Dracut and every bartender was a friggen *itch. If you didn't have a *ock, you werent likely to get served quickly!
No, I have never been to that one. Going to the one in Lowell that one time was enough for me.
The nerve

United States

#107 Jun 9, 2008
I can see inside wrote:
<quoted text> hey nerve if your husband had to be sucessfull for you to marry him. guess what you are hmm thats right. a prostitute. also prostituting marriage seems more disgusting. by reading your comments on both artical pages i do not know why anyone would have sex with you. No matter how you look on the outside. you are repulsive on the inside. maybe your husband never looks inside thats why he does.
You are dumb as a door knob.
Who said my husband HAD to be sucessfull?
Learn how to read before you reply to people.
If you don't understand what you're reading, try hooked on phonics.

“Lowellita is awful.”

Since: Nov 07

Lowell, MA

#108 Jun 9, 2008
The nerve wrote:
<quoted text>
MMM yes, morning quickies are the best.
hehe
Nerve are you on the new cbs show Swingtown?
The nerve

United States

#109 Jun 9, 2008
Lowellian wrote:
<quoted text>
Nerve are you on the new cbs show Swingtown?
lol
I would love top be on TV....but instead I have to work for a living.....

“Do I care? NO!”

Since: Jan 08

Lowell, MA

#110 Jun 9, 2008
John wrote:
<quoted text>
No you are!! Thing I saw you Saturday night. It's a good thing. Don't have to buy diner, booze or get dressed up
Saturday night huh?

and no..you don't have to buy me a diner. I have no use for one.

“Lowellita is awful.”

Since: Nov 07

Lowell, MA

#111 Jun 9, 2008
The nerve wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
I would love top be on TV....but instead I have to work for a living.....
Well from what you've said on this thread they may have written it about a 70's version of you!
The nerve

United States

#112 Jun 9, 2008
Lowellian wrote:
<quoted text>
Well from what you've said on this thread they may have written it about a 70's version of you!
You lost me with that one. I was just a kid in the 70's, and what's that got to do with quickies in the morning before work...makes the day much better.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dracut Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you remember???? (Jun '08) 7 hr TUCSON RON 17,797
Billerica's next Town Meeting debate: eliminati... 11 hr hammerhead 1
Low Frequency Hum - Industrial Noise? (Mar '10) Aug 30 Lacarmencitasd 47
Moonlite Reader Adult store (Feb '12) Aug 29 Eric Paone 11
Billerica crim,e 70s 80s 90s (Jul '08) Aug 27 GiovanniTheGreat 335
Massachusetts' ballot is stacked for voters Aug 24 Jtn 1
Fireworks? Aug 23 alicew234 1
•••

Dracut News Video

•••