11 alleged 'johns' nabbed in Lowell s...

11 alleged 'johns' nabbed in Lowell sting

There are 118 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Jun 1, 2008, titled 11 alleged 'johns' nabbed in Lowell sting. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

That girl walking the streets around Armory Park in the Lower Highlands on Saturday night wasn't a prostitute, and if you pulled up thinking she was, you landed in handcuffs pretty quickly.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

“Do I care? NO!”

Since: Jan 08

Lowell, MA

#21 Jun 2, 2008
scaught wrote:
Why pay for sex? Can't these guys do it the old fashioned way and pick drunk chicks at the bar?!
I once went to JJ Boomers (on Pawtucket Blvd) on a Saturday night with some friends and that places is LOADED with drunk older women. You know the kind. Hair sprayed up in the air. Too tight jeans from the 80's and a fondness for Bon Jovi and Motley Crue. Sure they were sort of nasty and very pervy cougars, but they were much better than what I have seen driving down Appleton St.
even drunk chicks have standards. Prostitutes don't.
Turk

Boston, MA

#22 Jun 2, 2008
How come the cops can pick up 11 guys out for fun,but can't do the same for known gang members? hypocrites!
Lowering the Bar

Mattapan, MA

#25 Jun 2, 2008
To those who don't see a problem with street hookers:

Do you want them plying their trade in front of your house??
replier

United States

#26 Jun 2, 2008
Jimmy Greenwood wasn't busted again for picking up a hooker? The hack learn his lesson?
Spenser with an S

AOL

#27 Jun 2, 2008
Lowering the Bar wrote:

I wouldn't mind it. Save me gas money, plus it's fun to watch. I love street hookers.
LoWeLL 4 LifE

Braintree, MA

#28 Jun 2, 2008
What a Shame wrote:
Just leave them be! I love Westford Street in Lowell! The sights are terrific, I do my laundry at The Lowell Station and go next door to Capt. John's for a few drinks while I wait. The street walking entertainment is the best part. Most of the time they are attractive and of course I've had my fun a couple of times. Great rates, no headaches. The best part is after you ... you don't have to talk to them or listen to them. What's the best part about dating a homeless drug addict hooker from Lowell? You can drop her off anywhere!:) Love Lowell Ma.
Seeing as you had "you're fun a couple of times" sir,would you mind offering up some of your choice places to pick up the lovely ladies of the night that Lowell has to offer? Capt. Johns/Westford st. area is well known.As is Furey's on Fletcher st.(especially the back parking lot).But could you point us in the direction of a lesser known area? Maybe when you were "dropping one off" one night, you found a new crackpot....I mean jackpot place to pick one up!!
Disgrace

United States

#31 Jun 2, 2008
This is a shame really. Why don't we get interviews with these men and perhaps their wives as well. Maybe we can get some real in site as to why these people would actually want to pay a prostitute money for sex. I mean how do we know these guys wives haven't been holding out for them for months on end. These guys have needs too. So do the hookers. Everybody needs something. the cops obviously had nothing better to do. They too have needs, like being employed. They figured catching these guys doing these offensive and violent crime possible would be the best person to harass. I could not think of a better way to spend tax payer money. Keep these bums off the street. Especially all the out of towners. HAHA
ReadBetweenTheLi nes

Gardner, MA

#32 Jun 2, 2008
Disgrace wrote:
This is a shame really. Why don't we get interviews with these men and perhaps their wives as well. Maybe we can get some real in site as to why these people would actually want to pay a prostitute money for sex. I mean how do we know these guys wives haven't been holding out for them for months on end. These guys have needs too. So do the hookers. Everybody needs something. the cops obviously had nothing better to do. They too have needs, like being employed. They figured catching these guys doing these offensive and violent crime possible would be the best person to harass. I could not think of a better way to spend tax payer money. Keep these bums off the street. Especially all the out of towners. HAHA
I would love to see a "Reality Show" about this.
Babe I got arrested for picking up under paid hoes. But she reminds me of you!!! Hahahaah

Excuse me for the H bomb I used that word loosely.hehe

“Do I care? NO!”

Lowell, MA

#33 Jun 2, 2008
Disgrace wrote:
Interview their wives? Don't you think they're already hurting from the fact that their husbands got caught with a prostitute.

“Confidence is S.M.E.X.Y!!!”

Since: May 08

Lowell, MA

#34 Jun 2, 2008
I honestly think that what the cops did was great! I applaud them for bring down 11 men, doing something they're not supposed to do. I do not condone infedility.

So what if their wives put out. A women is not always there for sex. A relationship is based on trust, and obviously those men don't believe in trust.

Okay, so those men were looking for sex, only, from hookers...what make you or me think that they wouldn't have the audasity to turn to little kids for sex, once they can't find any hookers?

If you think I'm wrong, please enlighten me.

Lowell, MA

#35 Jun 2, 2008
ReadBetweenTheLines wrote:
<quoted text>
I would love to see a "Reality Show" about this.
Babe I got arrested for picking up under paid hoes. But she reminds me of you!!! Hahahaah
Excuse me for the H bomb I used that word loosely.hehe
lol you used the word "hoes" and "loosely" in one sentence! haha
The nerve

Woburn, MA

#36 Jun 2, 2008
Disgrace wrote:
1.Most of them were from LOWELL.
2.Who says any of them are married?
LoWeLL 4 LifE

Braintree, MA

#37 Jun 2, 2008
Lowering the Bar wrote:
People who buy apts, homes, or condos on Westford st,Middlesex st.,,Jackson st., etc.,etc. If they don't like the element in those areas,too bad, so sad. It didn't just appear overnight.Thats their problem. Like I said earlier,there is a lot worse you could have hanging around then a couple of hookers.
LoWeLL 4 LifE

Braintree, MA

#38 Jun 2, 2008
And another thing.Doesn't this just show that Lowell doesn't have the brightest cops.They arrest 11 "johns" but no hookers.Hello?....if they wanted to stop prostitution you have to arrest the hookers!!! If there are no hookers on the street, then there's no prostituiton!!!

The always reliable Lowell Police Dept. Good job
guys, you do a hooker sting and arrest no hookers. GENIUSES!!!
ReadBetweenTheLi nes

Gardner, MA

#39 Jun 2, 2008
Married or not, in-town or out. Just don't think for one moment someone isn't watching you. Especially their pimps.Ok, Ok so there maybe no pimp involve but their has to be some type of enforcer who need to get paid. You think you can just run up on them and rob them too, wrong move buddy.

But I do strongly agree with lowlife. hehe there are important matter to be handled.Like tazing there nutts so they can learn.
Spenser with an S

AOL

#40 Jun 2, 2008
Amary wrote:
I honestly think that what the cops did was great! I applaud them for bring down 11 men, doing something they're not supposed to do. I do not condone infedility.
So what if their wives put out. A women is not always there for sex. A relationship is based on trust, and obviously those men don't believe in trust.
Okay, so those men were looking for sex, only, from hookers...what make you or me think that they wouldn't have the audasity to turn to little kids for sex, once they can't find any hookers?
If you think I'm wrong, please enlighten me.
It's the wife's job to put out.Everyone knows that.
ReadBetweenTheLi nes

Gardner, MA

#41 Jun 2, 2008
LoWeLL 4 LifE wrote:
And another thing.Doesn't this just show that Lowell doesn't have the brightest cops.They arrest 11 "johns" but no hookers.Hello?....if they wanted to stop prostitution you have to arrest the hookers!!! If there are no hookers on the street, then there's no prostituiton!!!
The always reliable Lowell Police Dept. Good job
guys, you do a hooker sting and arrest no hookers. GENIUSES!!!
Exactly!!! But then who's going to play bait??? Oh the overpaid hooker,Oh I meant detective."vice"

Lowell, MA

#42 Jun 2, 2008
Spenser with an S wrote:
<quoted text>
Where the hell have I been? I've been married a year and a half now, and I didn't know it was MY job to put out! But then again, I only see the husband 5 mins every weekdays, and at lease 5 hours a weekend.

“Do I care? NO!”

Lowell, MA

#43 Jun 2, 2008
Spenser with an S wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. But what if you "put out" and he still cheats?
ReadBetweenTheLi nes

Gardner, MA

#44 Jun 2, 2008
Spenser with an S wrote:
<quoted text>
S is for stoOOOoopid!!!

Why should a wife put out ???
So you can be done in 1 minute or less??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dracut Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you remember???? (Jun '08) 2 hr Highlands Guy 18,073
Who is Matthew Borges? 7 hr Fred Dog 4
lowell crime stories as remebered by residents (Jul '08) Sun Prettyaccurate 787
News Suspects arraigned in Lowell murder (Sep '09) Dec 2 Truth 91
News No bail for N.H. man accused in Lowell stabbing Nov 30 Salem resident 1
News Ex-Dracut treasurer who stole town funds suing ... (Apr '14) Nov 17 Anything else 2
News Police: Fake reports of creepy clown sightings ... Oct '16 National Clown ch... 8

Dracut Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dracut Mortgages