Backtalk: 12/29/2010

Full story: Lowell Sun

STICKING AROUND: Everyone that is saying that Niki Tsongas' days in office are soon over, I have a news flash for you: She was just overwhelmingly re-elected by the people of her district.
Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Dec 30, 2010
only dracut being dracut

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2010

overwhelmingly re-elected?
not by the numbers i saw, except for the gimme citys.
Joe

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2010

only dracut being dracut wrote:
overwhelmingly re-elected?
not by the numbers i saw, except for the gimme citys.
Suppose you'd rather have a Republican. Keep electing Republicans and we'll all be speaking Chinese and Arabic. After they complete the sell off of America to OPEC and Communist China all for greed and unregulated Capitalism and foreign trade.
Tony

Framingham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2010

Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Suppose you'd rather have a Republican. Keep electing Republicans and we'll all be speaking Chinese and Arabic. After they complete the sell off of America to OPEC and Communist China all for greed and unregulated Capitalism and foreign trade.
Sorry but, you have it all backwards, did you mean keep electing Democrats? because if we do that, the U.S.A. will no longer be. Democrats want to kiss a** to other country's making the US look week! America needs to remember that things were much safer when we are feared and not liked, Safe, and feared kept this country strong. Now, it's all falling apart. The Republicans are the one's to bring us back to the America we all once loved and protected.
Tired in the USA

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2010

In response to "TRULY RUINED: The true meaning of Christmas is the birth of Christ, but ask any child what Christmas means to them and their answer will always be Santa and presents. We have lost our priority somewhere. Shame on us."

While I do agree to a point I disagree with that Christmas is only for the birth of Christ.

The Church "adopted and absorbed" pagan festivals and Pope Julius I picked 12/25 as the birth date of Jesus (Armenia celebrated 1/6 and theories have suggested the true timeframe of Jesus' birth was either Spring or Fall). The Church wisely did not dictate how the new holiday should be celebrated which means it could retain a celebration of Secular and Religious traditions.

Just as I find it objectionable that the greeting "Merry Christmas" was being forbidden for so long and considered not PC, I also find it objectionable to classify Christmas as solely a holiday for the birth of Christ. The Christmas Spirit is supposed to be a time of Peace, Love and Goodwill towards all...that should include any manner in which someone wishes to celebrate the holiday. If someone wants to make it all about Santa and gifts then they should not be condemned for it.

I found it outrageous when someone actually posted in a different forum that if someone did not believe in Jesus they shouldn't be allowed to celebrate Christmas. How's that for a large dose of Bah-Humbug?

http://www.history.com/topics/christmas
http://www.history.com/topics/santa-claus
http://www.history.com/topics/history-of-chri...
http://www.history.com/topics/christmas-tradi...
paul tsongas

Chelmsford, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2010

she sucks...........another democrat.........
Niki Won You Lost

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2010

US Congresswomen Niki Tsongas won by 13%. When Brown won 52-48% it was considered a big deal. now all of a sudden 13 percentage point in her district is no big thing.

We like our Niki! So do the people of her district who elected her overwhelmingly. The vote speaks for itself , not the idiotic insults from the retarded Republican sympathizers out there- hope the Republicans take away your Medicare and Social Security which they never voted for to begin with, turn it over to the "private sector", raise your premiums, reduce your coverage, reject your claims.

I always know what side my bread is buttered on, the Democrat side.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dracut Discussions

Search the Dracut Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Tewksbury playground closed for summer renovations 1 hr Stan T 2
Council seeks cost of teaching immigrants 5 hr Demopukes Are Idiots 1
Ayer man jailed for stabbing girlfriend (Mar '10) 14 hr Craig 87 12
Jessica Krutuleski (Oct '12) 14 hr Not a Fan 24
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) Tue John 4,692
Do you remember???? (Jun '08) Jul 20 Ruth Lowell MA 17,784
toh-doh Italian chocolate Christmas cookies Jul 20 Fred Murray 1
•••
•••