Body found near UML identified

Full story: Lowell Sun

The body of a man found Saturday along the Merrimack River near the University Avenue Bridge has been identified as Edward Regan, 54, formerly of Dracut.
Comments
21 - 35 of 35 Comments Last updated Jan 3, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Another Friend

Waterville, ME

#22 Oct 7, 2008
Having known him for many years I know he will be missed by his friends and family. He was a terrific person, and I can only home I become half the mad he was.
Family Friend

United States

#23 Oct 9, 2008
gobbo wrote:
i bet you he was on drugs. Lotta drugs in this city. he used to own that antique shop over by middle street. the one that sold junk and went out of business. Yeah poor guy got depressed and started sniffing cocaine and huffing air freshener... then he died very very sad yeah... bif F-in tragedy. yeah i'm gonna swing by the house and kick my dad in the balls later
Sorry, you have the wrong guy. Eddie never owned any junk shop.
A Spade

Lowell, MA

#24 Oct 9, 2008
Umm, yeah..he was homless. Perhaps should be taking care of their own, rather than sending their folks that "take a turn" in life out of their town. If he was so well liked and respected, why didn't his family take better care to ensure that he didn't die the cold, lonely death he did.
Friend

Bridgton, ME

#25 Oct 9, 2008
Some of you people are SO judgemental without knowing any of the facts! Sometimes you just can't help someone who won't help themselves. Ed was a great person whose life took a bad turn.......we were all praying and pulling for him.
Nameless

Saint Paul, MN

#26 Oct 9, 2008
It is not up to us to judge him or his family. Itís a loss of life and that is not easy to deal with no matter the cause of death. If it were someone you loved, Iím sure you would not want people writing such things about them.
heartless

Brattleboro, VT

#27 Oct 9, 2008
A Spade wrote:
Umm, yeah..he was homless. Perhaps should be taking care of their own, rather than sending their folks that "take a turn" in life out of their town. If he was so well liked and respected, why didn't his family take better care to ensure that he didn't die the cold, lonely death he did.
Geez, you seem to know an awful lot about him, WHY DIDNT YOU HELP HIM????? Stop being a cold hearted jerk.

“Why is all the rum gone?”

Since: Aug 08

Lowell, MA

#28 Oct 9, 2008
A Spade wrote:
Be careful, I was admonished a few days ago for saying he was homeless!
Krista Preston

Rapid City, SD

#29 Jan 26, 2009
Will someone please tell me why Ed died? I knew him when we were 16
and 17 and at Rollins College.
He was a great guy.
kepshrink@rushmore.com
Marty Meehan

Boulder, CO

#30 Jan 27, 2009
MrMillCity_dot_com wrote:
I bet Marty Meehan did it!!
- I don't think so - I was out with Lowell Guy at a gay bar.
Long John

Boston, MA

#31 Jan 27, 2009
I bet a Hispanic killed him.
Long John

Boston, MA

#32 Jan 27, 2009
Family Friend wrote:
Eddie was not homeless. He was actually a very successful business owner at one point and his life took a tragic turn. My heart goes out to his children and entire family.
I think he owned a gay bar for a long time - right?
Peter Pan

Boston, MA

#33 Jan 27, 2009
Tony wrote:
Don't feed the troll.
I think the article said the man was 54 yrs. old. Could be he was just taking a walk and had a heart attack. When no one finds you for a few days and you start decomposing, you're not going to be looking or smelling good to anyone.
Start to get bloated being in the water. Maybe one of the women has a water pill we can give him.
Ed Davis

Winthrop, MA

#34 Jan 27, 2009
Bet Brian Callahan did it..>>>> It was gay related...right..?? Yup....Brian
Ed Davis

Winthrop, MA

#35 Jan 27, 2009
Long John wrote:
I bet a Hispanic killed him.
Nope....Brian did it..
His Daughter

Lowell, MA

#36 Jan 3, 2013
A Spade wrote:
You're a horrible person! He was the most wonderful father anyone could ask for. I was 12 when things starting going bad, sorry that I wasn't able to take care of him. There's only so much you can do in the situation he was in. And my mother and his mother DID take care of him until the very end. Shut your mouth unless you know the facts.
I hope for your sake that you never have to be in the position that my family was in.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dracut Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you remember???? (Jun '08) 1 hr TUCSON RON 17,797
Billerica's next Town Meeting debate: eliminati... 6 hr hammerhead 1
Low Frequency Hum - Industrial Noise? (Mar '10) Aug 30 Lacarmencitasd 47
Moonlite Reader Adult store (Feb '12) Aug 29 Eric Paone 11
Billerica crim,e 70s 80s 90s (Jul '08) Aug 27 GiovanniTheGreat 335
Massachusetts' ballot is stacked for voters Aug 24 Jtn 1
Fireworks? Aug 23 alicew234 1
•••

Dracut News Video

•••