Body found near UML identified

Full story: Lowell Sun 35
The body of a man found Saturday along the Merrimack River near the University Avenue Bridge has been identified as Edward Regan, 54, formerly of Dracut. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Millgirl

Chicago, IL

#1 Oct 6, 2008
I hope it wasn't murder!!!

“Why is all the rum gone?”

Since: Aug 08

Lowell, MA

#2 Oct 6, 2008
I bet he was homeless. It says formerly of Dracut, and a lot of homeless people camp out down there!
A Friend

New Milford, NJ

#3 Oct 6, 2008
You should be ashamed saying such things. He is from an extremely nice family, and was not homeless. You hurt others with such comments.

“Tis the season”

Since: Sep 08

USA

#4 Oct 6, 2008
Does anyone know what happened to him? How did he die?

Lowell, MA

#5 Oct 6, 2008
A Friend wrote:
You should be ashamed saying such things. He is from an extremely nice family, and was not homeless. You hurt others with such comments.
What did I say?? I'm sorry if I hurt someone. That was not my intention. It's a fact that a lot of homeless people "live" down there and where the paper said he was formerly of Dracut I thought that was an indication that he may have been homeless.

“"Offense" Wins Championships”

Since: Jul 08

Lowell

#6 Oct 6, 2008
I bet Marty Meehan did it!!
hiya

Winthrop, MA

#7 Oct 6, 2008
Crazy-Too wrote:
Does anyone know what happened to him? How did he die?
heart stopped beating..
MTG

Southbridge, MA

#8 Oct 6, 2008
my buddy was one of the ppl on the scene..poor guy wasn't in very good condition when they found him
Dracut-Man

Tewksbury, MA

#9 Oct 6, 2008
I think Mr-MillCity.com may have something there, just tell me it isn't so.. And, I Betcha since it's in the local newspaper (don't want to mention names) and if it's like the Sub-Shop-Murder write up in that paper, maybe it was the food at the school that did him in, ya think. I heard they don't wear hair nets when handling the food and who knows if they cough either.
SJones from Dracut

Tewksbury, MA

#10 Oct 6, 2008
MTG wrote:
my buddy was one of the ppl on the scene..poor guy wasn't in very good condition when they found him
No shiite he was dead! Your buddy's a brain surgeon.

Peabody, MA

#11 Oct 7, 2008
SJones from Dracut wrote:
<quoted text>
No shiite he was dead! Your buddy's a brain surgeon.
LMAO!
Family Friend

United States

#12 Oct 7, 2008
Eddie was not homeless. He was actually a very successful business owner at one point and his life took a tragic turn. My heart goes out to his children and entire family.
Friend

Saint David, ME

#13 Oct 7, 2008
We have lost a wonderful man and dad. My thoughts are with his family.
huh

Brattleboro, VT

#14 Oct 7, 2008
hiya wrote:
<quoted text>
heart stopped beating..
from.......?
Midman

Randolph, MA

#15 Oct 7, 2008
Some of you people are insane and need to be castrated.
Nevertheblame

Bethpage, NY

#16 Oct 7, 2008
Maybe we should close UML!
Lucy Lu

Chelmsford, MA

#17 Oct 7, 2008
Honestly, can't you all wait for the full story to come out before you start assuming things? This poor man was someone's father, and family member. I know I will swing by and hug my Dad a bit tighter tonight. My condolences to his family.
mom

Lowell, MA

#19 Oct 7, 2008
how old was he
huh know nothing

Brattleboro, VT

#20 Oct 7, 2008
gobbo wrote:
i bet you he was on drugs. Lotta drugs in this city. he used to own that antique shop over by middle street. the one that sold junk and went out of business. Yeah poor guy got depressed and started sniffing cocaine and huffing air freshener... then he died very very sad yeah... bif F-in tragedy. yeah i'm gonna swing by the house and kick my dad in the balls later
...and hopefully your dad kicks you back, but not in the head, seems theres already enough damage there. Maybe the balls would be a good spot, so you cant reproduce.
Tony

United States

#21 Oct 7, 2008
Don't feed the troll.
I think the article said the man was 54 yrs. old. Could be he was just taking a walk and had a heart attack. When no one finds you for a few days and you start decomposing, you're not going to be looking or smelling good to anyone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dracut Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should an uninsured driver from NH be allowed t... (Aug '08) Sep 14 nhsnwboarder 101
Do you remember???? (Jun '08) Sep 14 Annie 17,800
High-profile lawyer to defend local mom in sex ... (Apr '08) Sep 14 vikky 15
Section 8 Fraud (Sep '08) Sep 12 Tony Stark 316
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) Sep 11 whimmersmith 4,702
lowell crime stories as remebered by residents (Jul '08) Sep 11 former Lowell ... 673
Lowell woman indicted in ID thefts (Jun '09) Sep 5 sameoltricks 69
•••

Dracut News Video

•••
•••

Dracut Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Dracut People Search