Twins

Mount Vernon, NY

#299 Aug 13, 2012
a mom of two wrote:
I AM ON SECTION 8 AND GET DISABILIY SINCE A YOUNG AGE BECAUSE I NEEDED IT!MENTALLY I HAVE PROBLEMS BUT I ALSO WORK PART-TIME FOR OVER TEN YEARS! I DON'T LEECH OFF THE GOVERMENT,THESE DAYS IT'S VERY HARD TO PAY RENT AND BILLS BEING A SINGLE MOM OF TWO,I HAVE A 14 YR.OLD WHO DOES WORK AT MARKET BASKET BECAUSE I WANTED HER TO BE DEPENDANT AT A YOUNG AGE!AND HER YOUNGER SISTER TO FOLLOW,SECTION 8 HAS HELPED ME BUT I ALSO PAY TAXES!SO NOT EVERYONE ON IT IS A LEECH,AND WILL SOON GET MY OWN HOUSE WITH HELP FROM HUD BUT NOT EVER,EVENTUALLY I'LL BE ON MY OWN!!!I BELIEVE EVERY INDIVIDUAL IS DIFFERENT,AND I'M NOT ON DRUGS.
I agree also.
sue

Brockton, MA

#300 Aug 16, 2012
Fraud wrote:
I was just wondering how many times you can fraud section 8 and be reinstated. This person lied twice about income. Forged names on money orders and cashed them herself. WENT TO COURT FOR IT TOO AND WAS ALOWED TO PAY IT BACK. Allowed her junkie/crack head boyfriend who was a convited felon LIVE THERE AND LIED ABOUT THAT ALSO FOR OVER 15 YEARS. He is now in jail and she has a new one!!!!
SHE ALSO PUT HER UTILITES IN A DIFFERENT NAME EVERY YEAR TO AVIOD PAYING THEM!!!! There are many people who could use housing help.
THIS NEED TO STOP !!!!!!
Why is this drugie still on SECTION 8????
WE NEED TO INVESTGATE THESE PEOPLE!!!
I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL. I KNOW SOMEONE JUST LIKE THAT. I TRIED TO REPORT THIS PERSON I KNOW AND THE FACT THAT SHE TOOK MY BOYFRIEND TO COURT TO GET MORE CHILD SUPPORT AND SHE WON. SHE HAS 2 EX'S AND WAS GETTING $300 A WEEK IN CHILD SUPPORT, WHICH IS WHAT I TAKE HOME AFTER WORKING A 40 HOUR WEEK AND AFTER THEY TAKE OUT TAXES AND HEALTH CARE.
IT WAS AN INCREASE FOR HER OF $530 A MONTH PLUS SHE GETS ABOUT $1600 A MONTH TOWARDS HER SECTION 8 HOUSING TO LIVE IN IN A WHOLE HOUSE LIKE A NORMAL WORKING PERSON AND SHE GETS $400 A MONTH IN FOOD STAMPS.
I TRIED TO REPORT HER AND WAS TOLD SHE WAS JUST UP FOR REVIEW, SO THERE WAS NOTHING THEY COULD DO UNTIL 1 YEAR FROM WHEN I TRIED TO REPORT HER.
I UNDERSTAND THAT THEY MAY NOT HAVE THE MANPOWER TO CHECK ON EVERYONE, BUT WHEN A PERSON GETS REPORTED THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO SPEND 1 HOUR TO CHECK OUT THE SITUATION. THEY SHOULD HAVE A TIP HOTLINE LIKE THE AUTO INSURANCE COMPANIES. THEY COULD SAVE THE STATE OF MASS A BOAT LOAD OF MONEY.
SUE

Brockton, MA

#301 Sep 2, 2012
Twins wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree also.
I KNOW THERE ARE SOME PEOPLE WHO NEED HELP AND SHOULD GET IT, BUT THERE ARE A LOT OF PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO KNOW HOW TO WORK THE SYSTEM AND GET AWAY WITH IT. THOSE ARE THE PEOPLE THAT OTHERS ARE TALKING ABOUT. WHY SHOULD SOMEONE BE ABLE TO COME INTO THIS COUNTRY AND GET MORE HELP THAN THE PEOPLE THAT LIVE HERE. THIS PERSON I WAS TALKING ABOUT GETS $2000.00 A MONTH IN GOVERNMENT HELP WITH FOOD STAMPS AND HOUSING, AND IS NOT EVEN A CITIZEN. SHE GET'S IT JUST CAUSE SHE GOT PREGNANT. HER 3 CHILDREN ARE 19, 13 & 12. THIS FEMALE IS NOT HANDICAPPED OR DISABLED YET SHE HAS BEEN ABLE TO STAY ON SECTION 8 FOR 15 YEARS AND NOT WORK. I GO TO WORK 5 DAYS A WEEK AND TAKE HOME LESS THAN WHAT THE GOVERNMENT GIVES HER. IF MY BOYFRIEND LEFT ME I WOULD LOOSE MY HOUSE CAUSE I COULDN'T AFFORD THE BILLS ON MY OWN AND EVEN THOUGH I AM A US CITIZEN, AND HAVE NEVER GOTTEN A DIME FROM THE GOVERNMENT THE GOVERNMENT WOULD NOT HELP ME OUT WITH ANY ASSISTANCE, THEY WOULD NOT GIVE ME A DIME. WHY????? BECAUSE I DIDN'T GET PREGNANT. THAT IS WHAT'S NOT FAIR. I AM A CITIZEN AND SHE IS NOT YET SHE LIVES IN A HOUSE THE SIZE OF MINE THAT SHE PAYS $300 TO $400 A MONTH FOR ENCLUDING UTILITIES. I HAVE TO PAY $1300.00 A MONTH FOR MY 1/2 OF THE BILLS WITH NO HELP. IF SHE IS GETTING GOVERNMENT HELP, SHE SHOULD BE LIVING IN AN APARTMENT NOT A WHOLE HOUSE. AND THERE IS NO REASON THAT "SHE" CAN NOT WORK AND THAT "SHE" IS ABLE TO STAY ON SECTION 8 FOR 15 YEARS. SHE SPEAKS 6 DIFFERENT LANGUAGES AND CAN WORK AND EARN HER OWN MONEY AND PAY FOR HER OWN BILLS.
wanda pierson

Collierville, TN

#302 Oct 1, 2012
Rick wrote:
I have a neighbor on section 8 and her boyfriend lives there. I reported to local HUD but after four months nothing is done! WHY?
Why do people worry about other people business, i'm a taxpayer for over 27 years, i can care less what the next person is doing. you never know what situation may arise for you and you have to do the same thing. with that being said ,mine your damn business!!!!!
wanda pierson

Collierville, TN

#303 Oct 1, 2012
carrlle wrote:
if you turn in someone for section 8 fraud, is your name used or confidential? what if person wants to know who is responsible for them losing assistance? and is it against the law for an agency to give out the name to anyone about turning someone in? thank you
Linda , i so agree with you. these freaking people kill me with minding everybody else business. Like i replied to one idiot, you never know what situation can arise for her , so mind your damn business.
sindy

Lebanon, KY

#304 Oct 26, 2012
Lowering the Bar wrote:
Reporting fraud is one thing - seeing something done about it is another.
thats the truth try telling people that where i live! im pissd off
and now theres bed bugs all over our hud neighborhood/public housing
Wandagotta b Kidding

United States

#305 Oct 27, 2012
wanda pierson wrote:
<quoted text>
Linda , i so agree with you. these freaking people kill me with minding everybody else business. Like i replied to one idiot, you never know what situation can arise for her , so mind your damn business.
Our money= Our business. Lifelong welfare maggots are a stain on the society. You know it, I know it, the parasites themselves know it. Get off your high horse, Wanda. If you donate your private funds to cover a lifelong welfare family then that's none of my business.
Tony

Chicago, IL

#306 Nov 8, 2012
@wtf, that's a pretty sad comment. There are many reasons for some to apply for a section 8 voucher. There are some that take advantage of the system but many have valid reasons. I hope those reading this don't get discouraged. There are good companies offering housing assistance like www.pangeare.com . Check them out if you have any questions
EYEBALLCHAMBERS

Lexington, MA

#307 Nov 9, 2012
the sec8 family up the street just had number 7! seven kids and neither daddy or mommy work! and were all footing the bill!
Whats this

Kansas City, MO

#309 Jan 14, 2013
No one ever checks on what they do once in the program. A lady down the street from me sublets for profit & no one ever checks it out no matter how many times it's reported.
EYEBALLCHAMBERS

Lexington, MA

#310 Jan 16, 2013
sec8ers up the street from me just had number 7 -- dad don't work and moms too busy pumping out babies i hear she's already planning number 8 bought and paid for by you and me!
Wtf

La Grange, IL

#311 Jan 21, 2013
No education ...wow, we'll be paying for his existence, from the cradle the grave.
+1 ...go back to school, obviously you're ignorant and unemployable
Lisa Turner 1591

Trabuco Canyon, CA

#312 Jan 31, 2013
I know someone on section 8 that lives on an acre of land in a 2 bedroom house alone with 2 dogs. She advertised and found a guy to move onto the back of the property in his motor home. He pays her $500.00 per month! She uses this money for Botox treatments and pays $80.00 per month for a mobile dog groomer to come to her house to groom 1 dog!!! I cannot believe that people manipulate the system and get away with it!!!!!!!!

Since: Aug 12

Indian Trail, NC

#313 Feb 6, 2013
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't let them get away with this anymore.
It is anonomous i have aready called on a few people frauding the system. This is very unfair
I work and every month pay bills and mortgage.
They should not be having a free ride.
These frauds are also teaching there kids to be leeches just like them. Get on SSI don't ever work a day in you life its bad for you health. When you need more income have another kid for the taxpayers to support and if you too old to have a kid have your teenager have a baby. pretty soon the will get you own house and pay for it.
BE JUST LIKE WELFARE MOM>!!!!!!
Again I know this is an older topic, but I had to chime in. I know countless stories of section 8 and welfare fraud.

We used to own a rental property. It was a 3bdrm, 2 story townhome in a nice area. Rent in 2004 was $1200ish. Well we had so many section 8 women try to rent it. I knew the reputation of HUD recipients and was terrified they'd destroy the place regardless of the guaranteed rent check from HUD. At least 3 of these women had the balls to show up for the interview WITH their boyfriends and tell me he'd live there too!!! I knew darn well that bf's are not allowed to reside with them! It pissed me off! Some 25 yr old with 3 kids (none by the bf) and a bf that works construction (back then in 2004 you could live ok on that) and free rent!

I know a woman that had one child but signed rights over to a couple that adopted him. She has NO rights and no visitation. Yet she gets HUD. Her man is in prison but HUD allocated her $1400 a month rent!!! For 1 woman! This is in the Baltimore area and $1400 can rent a nice place! She got a 2bd, 2bath apt with laminate flooring and washer/dryer/dish washer/disposal etc...the works. She gets $200 a month FS, Medicaid (uses it for free suboxone, and countless free trips to rehab) energy assistance, cash assistance and the Pell grant. She used the $2500 cash she got back from the Pell grant to put down on a new car!
She sells her suboxone and Xanax and makes $1200-1500 extra per month selling those pills. She is trying her hardest to get disability.

Another girl has 4 kids by 4 diff men. I am not lying. She has a HUD apt as nice as my house. Brand new! She gets the works; FS, Medicaid, cash asst, energy asst, Pell grant (she too is in school...not working) she also claims EIC and got a 9k refund last year.(Said she cut hair for cash at her house to claim income) she has a iPad, MacBook Pro, a desktop, iphone5 and a Samsung galaxy, always getting new clothes, always putting pics up of her new Jordan's for her kids, she has her hair done Monthly and her nails are always done.

This is the norm! This is not the few bad apples. MOST are doing this kind of stuff. It's the welfare culture. They want to look rich and wear the best, yet have no portfolio or investments or savings. If they want to defraud the gov why not save it and be smart?

I hate liberal idealists that have no clue what is really going on and allow this crap to continue!

Indian Trail, NC

#314 Feb 6, 2013
Lisa Turner 1591 wrote:
I know someone on section 8 that lives on an acre of land in a 2 bedroom house alone with 2 dogs. She advertised and found a guy to move onto the back of the property in his motor home. He pays her $500.00 per month! She uses this money for Botox treatments and pays $80.00 per month for a mobile dog groomer to come to her house to groom 1 dog!!! I cannot believe that people manipulate the system and get away with it!!!!!!!!
I 100% believe you! These people know exactly how to play the system! I see people get on these forums and they get upset because they are on HUD and welfare, but they "deserve" it. Their kids "deserve" to eat good and live well! What they mean is they deserve Jordan's, iPads, iPhones, late model cars etc...

I will scream if I read one more girl say, "I'm bettering myself for me and my children. Yes I have 2-3 kids, but the father ran out on us (or died, tons say the dad(s) died to garner sympathy) and that's not my fault. I pay taxes too so I'm going to take what's offered to me. I need HUD and the whole package so I can go to school (for free with Pell grant on tax payers back. They can not possibly get a loan!) I'm not working some crappy job and putting my kids in day care! I'm a stay at home mom and go to school part time!(Kids are in day care while she's in school with the day care voucher or thru the school)."

No f you! You do not deserve crap! You made bad choices and now you think you're too good to work a crappy job! You think you deserve to go to school for free (Pell grant covers low cost community colleges and they get cash back)while the tax payer pays for your board and keep! How dare these people?

Meanwhile they get EIC by lying and claiming they do nails and hair out of their homes and get 9k refunds! I know a girl that took her kids to Disney! I am so tired of it!

Indian Trail, NC

#315 Feb 6, 2013
kindheartedwoman wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you can own a car.
Section 8 recipients pay up to 40% of their income on rent, and there is a limit on how much the total rent can cost.(less than $1600 a month for a 3BR)
In Massachusetts the income limits are a lot higher than in the rest of the country...but so is the cost of housing.
This is somewhat true. Each state has different limits. Like you stated Massachusetts has a high limit. Maryland does too. For a single woman with no children who does not work you can be allocated $1375 per month. This particular woman pays $0 towards her rent. In fact every single person I have known on HUD in Maryland didn't pay one cent towards rent. They also have the $50 security deposit requirement waived.

I have never met anyone who paid 40% of their income on rent with HUD. In fact that seems odd considering for regular people the general rule of thumb is to have your rent or mortgage be no more than 30% of your income...so not sure why HUD would require 40%? Now I will concede that all the HUD recipients I know did not and do not work.(They sell pills and work under the table only for cash)

Also I hate when people (not you poster) ask if we have reported all this fraud. Most of us haven't so no one answers back and then the poster gleefully shouts, "see! I hear crickets! Funny how no one reports any of this", meaning that of course we are all lying and none of this is true. It's just right wing nut jobs hating on the poor!

No!!!! I have wanted to report 3 specific people for a long time! Each time I go online to do it, my DH gets worried and tells me not to. He is convinced that the HUD fraudsters will find out it was me and retaliate. He also says that HUD won't do a damn thing about it. I know 2 people that have reported fraud concerning 2 diff HUD recipients and they had documents, pictures etc...and nothing was done. These people were livid! HUD recipients have rights and apparently more than you or I!

Indian Trail, NC

#316 Feb 6, 2013
Twins wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree also.
Sorry but while I get it and I understand, I'm still irritated. I don't think you're a scammer from what you wrote...but why do you get to get a HUD backed mortgage? That's what you're referring to when you say HUD will be helping you buy a house? Not many know about that aspect. I was shocked when I found out. Basically HUD will pay for your down payment. You can only "buy" a house that is on the HUD list or HUD approved, but once you qualify and pick out your house, HUD sends the owner/sellers bank the 20% down payment and you get to close and "buy" your house.

Yes I believe you have to help with the mortgage payments (at a discounted amount of course) but why do you get this? Because you have mental problems? I have gad, PTSD and many others yet I don't get disability and by default Medicaid and HUD housing AND the option to buy a house!

I have to work and save up the 20% myself. Then pay the full mortgage.

And no offense but I am so tired of women shouting out in pride that they are a single mom! It's not a damn badge of courage! You are not special! If anything I should be the one shouting with pride that I'm a married mother! That I stuck it out and stayed with my husband even though things get bad! It is much rarer to see a married mother nowadays! Single mothers are a dime a dozen constantly reminding everyone of their status like they really did something!

Sick to death of it!

Indian Trail, NC

#317 Feb 6, 2013
Cid E Slicker wrote:
Why should someone on Sec 8 work and stay on Sec. 8. They should be taken off it just like the rest of us. If they are working it should be raised ever year . Very rarely are they tkaen off of Sec. 8.
Of all the people I've know with section 8, NONE have ever voluntarily gone off of it. One girl got it in 2001 after having her first child. In 2004 she was still on it and pregnant and expecting twins! Now in the year 2013 she is still in her HUD townhouse.

The only ones that lose it are the ones that get incarcerated. Or move out of state (but they can usually transfer it). I don't know any that got jobs and got off.

Oh and guess what tax payers there is NO time limit! You get on section 8 and you can stay on it till you die!
Kelly

Indian Trail, NC

#318 Feb 6, 2013
warren gayle wrote:
<quoted text>
i am white and i support this person, i mean why report someone instead of minding your own business,you dont know someone else's situation ,just mind your business thats all .
Shut up with your white guilt bs. You are white. Who cares? You don't even see the hypocrisy! By stating you are white you imply that your opinion matters more or validates the black person's opinion. Hello!!!!!
As for minding my business. I am. I'm minding the tax payers business. The real taxpayers that don't get EIC refunds! We are tired of paying others necessities so that they can spend their money on luxuries! Do you think it's ok for a HUD recipient that doesn't work with 4 kids to have an iPad, iPhone 5, MacBook Pro,$800 extensions and monthly spa treatments?
I make 6 figures and I don't have ANY of that! I know many people doing this!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#319 Feb 8, 2013
Kelly wrote:
<quoted text>
Shut up with your white guilt bs. You are white. Who cares? You don't even see the hypocrisy! By stating you are white you imply that your opinion matters more or validates the black person's opinion. Hello!!!!!
As for minding my business. I am. I'm minding the tax payers business. The real taxpayers that don't get EIC refunds! We are tired of paying others necessities so that they can spend their money on luxuries! Do you think it's ok for a HUD recipient that doesn't work with 4 kids to have an iPad, iPhone 5, MacBook Pro,$800 extensions and monthly spa treatments?

I make 6 figures and I don't have ANY of that! I know many people doing this!
You're envious that other people get to sit on their ass and be niglas while you go out and work. Something tells me you want to be them so bad but you just have no idea how to be. You wanna live the "good life" right? You can have it you know. Whats stopping you? I'd either A kill myself if I were you or B, change my life and stop bitching. I never get most of the white upper middle class ahd why they do the things they do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dracut Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Former cop on trial in January 1 hr who 2
Do you remember???? (Jun '08) Fri Wondering 17,814
Pig roast, luau to aid Chelmsford Elks (Sep '08) Fri myke 308
Where are Lowell's most haunted places? (Jun '08) Thu Tony Stark 820
Charlie Baker for governor Thu echo 2
Review: Dracut's Car Connection (Aug '09) Oct 18 ooh right 21
Arrest Log: 12/15/2010 (Dec '10) Aug '14 Will 17

Dracut News Video

Dracut Dating
Find my Match